It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object in front of Sun in photo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicPriest420

of course it was Venus, what did you expect it was going to be? and as for not being able to prove that nibiru does not exist.....

LOOK UP!! do you see a giant planet/red dwarf/pile of horse# heading this way? mmm, no, im willing to bet both my testicles that you bloody well never do either. Yes i know you can only see it from the south pole, but as it has been pointed out a thousand times, if you can see it from one point in the southern hemisphere then you can see it from any point in the southern hemisphere, now for gods sake read a decent book on astronomy learn a few facts and grow up!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neilc1972
reply to post by MagicPriest420

of course it was Venus, what did you expect it was going to be? and as for not being able to prove that nibiru does not exist.....

LOOK UP!! do you see a giant planet/red dwarf/pile of horse# heading this way? mmm, no, im willing to bet both my testicles that you bloody well never do either. Yes i know you can only see it from the south pole, but as it has been pointed out a thousand times, if you can see it from one point in the southern hemisphere then you can see it from any point in the southern hemisphere, now for gods sake read a decent book on astronomy learn a few facts and grow up!

LOL, you waited 3 years to get that one off your chest??

But now look what you've done... you bumped this pointless thread back up to the top of the stack. Great... now it is time for all of the Planet X crowd to come back in and start talking about our invisible saviors.

I'll admit, Sumerian history is fascinating and those people were surely advanced for that period, but there is no evidence of any planet X which we on Earth have been able to detect thusfar. With that said, it is wild speculation and fantasy which some cling to as hope of a better place because our planet - with all of it's beauty and abundance - is already almost ruined by man.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Reply to Darkman

Ummm.... there's no such thing as planet X or Nibiru. Anything that close to the sun - ie in an orbit that takes it closer than Venus or Mercury - would have been spotted centuries ago. And planets have absolutely no connection to the weather. At all. Blame the funky weather on the weather being funky. Oh and here's a prediction: this year's hurricane season in the Atlantic will be a bad one, so if you live in the US, move away from the coast!

For those who insist that Planet X doesn't exist ..then what do you think the sumerians where talking about 5000 years ago and all thoses tablets showing a tenth planet is..

There is more proof to suggest there is a Tenth Planet that there is proof to disprove it..You should do further research before making silly comments that make you look not only ignorant but also very closed minded to not even want to accept the possibility that it could be true.

If it is true don't be fearful its a good thing. a fresh start for u and me and everyone embrace the idea don't just reject it and if it doesn't happen be proud that you kept an open mind to it.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by gmac1000]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

damn, should have checked the date on this thread first! ah well me bad!
although someone did once try to convince me that we couldn't see nibiru because it was travelling at 5 times the speed of light inside a time warp piloted by aliens!! and try as i might to explain the kind of forces this Jupiter sized object would generate on its merry journey around the cosmos she just wouldn't listen, and herein lay the problem i'm afraid, some people just wont accept facts as evidence.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
ok, im bored, ive had a couple of beers i'll bite my friend..

For those who insist that Planet X doesn't exist ..then what do you think the sumerians where talking about 5000 years ago and all thoses tablets showing a tenth planet is..

Wrong, the sumerians like most ancient civilizations had at least a basic understanding of astronomy based on stars/planets visible with the naked eye, time wasnt measured in minutes or hours but in seasons, the whole concept of nibiru was conceived around one seal only, by Zecharia Sitchin who's credentials as a linguist are dubious at best.

There is more proof to suggest there is a Tenth Planet that there is proof to disprove it..You should do further research before making silly comments that make you look not only ignorant but also very closed minded to not even want to accept the possibility that it could be true.

is there? where is this proof? other than Zecharia Sitchin please provide a link to any credible website that can prove that there is an extra planet in our solar system on a highly elliptical orbit that comes round every 3600 years, do you have any idea how many times it would have been past earth in the last 4 billion years? and yet other than one mans interpretation of a 4600 year old language isolate there is absolutely no evidence of this cataclysmic event ever happening if anyone needs to do some more research its you.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Neilc1972]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neilc1972

ok, im bored, ive had a couple of beers i'll bite my friend..

Wrong, the sumerians like most ancient civilizations had at least a basic understanding of astronomy based on stars/planets visible with the naked eye, time wasnt measured in minutes or hours but in seasons, the whole concept of nibiru was conceived around one seal only, by Zecharia Sitchin who's credentials as a linguist are dubious at best.

is there? where is this proof? other than Zecharia Sitchin please provide a link to any credible website that can prove that there is an extra planet in our solar system on a highly elliptical orbit that comes round every 3600 years, do you have any idea how many times it would have been past earth in the last 4 billion years? and yet other than one mans interpretation of a 4600 year old language isolate there is absolutely no evidence of this cataclysmic event ever happening if anyone needs to do some more research its you.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Neilc1972]

Would any site or proof be credible enough for such a skeptic as you, I have done my research and contempt to believe there is a possibility that such a thing could exist and don't have to convince you of anything.

As far as Ancients all having the same idea on astronomy well that's a little wrong, since the sumerians where the first to introduce astrology, religion, schooling as well as other things, you should research that to, or wait just go back to drinking beers..everything will be alright.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by gmac1000]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
"Would any site or proof be credible enough for such a skeptic as you, I have done my research and contempt to believe there is a possibility that such a thing could exist and don't have to convince you of anything."

well actually it would, but that's the trouble, there is NO proof anywhere of the existence of this tenth planet.

IF you could provide me with some verifiable Scientific evidence i'd be more than happy to change my mind, but unfortunately you cant because there simply isn't any.

Even someone as 'open minded' as you has to admit that there would be at the very least some geological evidence of its passing ( at rough guess over a million times in the last 4 billion years) even with a single ice core that can provide data going back a million years or more and yet still no evidence of its existence.

Thousands of amateur astronomers with thousands of pounds worth of telescopes and imaging equipment, i suppose they all missed a Jupiter sized object hurtling through our solar system? or were they all silenced and threatened by shady looking government nazis?

"As far as Ancients all having the same idea on astronomy well that's a little wrong, since the sumerians where the first to introduce astrology, religion, schooling as well as other things you should research that to"

Thats not what i wrote, i said that most ancient civilizations had a basic understanding of astronomy based around planets visible with the naked eye, which they used to plan the years harvest/religious celebrations, if you would like to do some real research for a change you would find plenty of well documented highly credible evidence from a multitude of sources to support this, and yet no mention of nibiru or any tenth planet from them, mmmm i wonder why??? maybe they all missed it too!

"or wait just go back to drinking beers..everything will be alright."

please don't patronise me, i tried put across a reasonable argument to some of the 'facts' you wrote about in your post backed up with some easily verifiable evidence and that's the best you can do, a cheap line that quite frankly just makes you look like knob, and for the record i think the word you were looking for was 'content' not 'contempt' why not have a few beers and learn how to use a dictionary

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Neilc1972]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Neilc1972]

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
hey im in townsville australia and today about 3:30pm myself and two friends witnessed (what we thout at the time) the full moon right next to the sun in the west. We watched it for about 10 minutes then walked away... 2 minutes later i realised the moon would soon be rising from the east so this was not the moon but we are 100% sure it was not the sun...it had paermanent markings / gegraphical features visible to us... am i an idiot or is it possible ???

maybe a "sister star" or planet hiding in front of the sun so not to be seen???

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MJW2314

This is known as the transition of venus...It starts in the mid western edge of the sun transitioning diagnolly across the face to the south eastern edge ....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Hope that it has helped you
edit on 5-2-2012 by cuzican because: text change

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join