It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object in front of Sun in photo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Anybody care to speculate as to what it could be. Check out the Drudgereport, the photo is on the headline and the link to the source of the photo is now down.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by MJW2314]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Here is that pic you were talking about MJW

Maybe its a sunspot?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
yeah I thought that too, but I thought it may be a bit large to be a sunspot

its also perfectly round in shape

[edit on 29-1-2006 by MJW2314]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There was a sunspot here recently that was planet sized, so it is not too big to be a sunspot. It could be photoshopped though.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Thats almost defanitly a sunspot, the photo looks to be taken from the equator
where the sun appears bigger and sunspots are more visable. Sunspots come in all sizes, but can be as large as 30,000 km across. You could fit earth in to some of the lager ones mabye even twice over with some of the biggest we've observed.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Its probobly a planet or an astroid or something crossing the path of the sun. Thats what it looks like to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigPimpin
Its probobly a planet or an astroid or something crossing the path of the sun. Thats what it looks like to me.

My best guess .. its Planet X:Nibiru.

It would explain the funky weather across the united states and world.

Thats what i think it is..i dont care what anybody says.

If you read some of my other threads..you can hear about the crazy dream/vison i had on christams eve.

Go check it out.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Helium balloon.
Some poor kid on the ground is crying too..
But I think thats all it is..

I watched one cross the moon through binoculars once.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Helium balloon.
Some poor kid on the ground is crying too..
But I think thats all it is..

I watched one cross the moon through binoculars once.

Umm that could be what it is..but how can we be sure.

I still think its Planet Nibiru

Our weather is only one clue..to a bigger mystery.

Was stitchen really wrong?

Idn?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420
I still think its Planet Nibiru

Our weather is only one clue..to a bigger mystery.

Was stitchen really wrong?

This thread isn't about crazy old men. I've read all his books except for the fictional one (as if the others weren't?
). Although he helped bring to light some interesting stuff (as did Von Daniken before him, and Hancock after him), none of his theories make any sense.

Anyway. It looks to me like a planet...although, I can't see why it's glowing on the side opposite the sun...perhaps the earth's light is shining on it?

edit: I can't spell, ha

[edit on 2/1/2006 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Ummm.... there's no such thing as planet X or Nibiru. Anything that close to the sun - ie in an orbit that takes it closer than Venus or Mercury - would have been spotted centuries ago. And planets have absolutely no connection to the weather. At all. Blame the funky weather on the weather being funky. Oh and here's a prediction: this year's hurricane season in the Atlantic will be a bad one, so if you live in the US, move away from the coast!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Ummm.... there's no such thing as planet X or Nibiru. Anything that close to the sun - ie in an orbit that takes it closer than Venus or Mercury - would have been spotted centuries ago. And planets have absolutely no connection to the weather. At all. Blame the funky weather on the weather being funky. Oh and here's a prediction: this year's hurricane season in the Atlantic will be a bad one, so if you live in the US, move away from the coast!

there is such a thing as planet x and you would know that if u did your reasearch.... last year NASA discovered planet X and the mayans discovered planet X long before our great great great great great ancestors found out that the world was round lol... come on now...and u said blame the weather being funky on the weather being funky? how much sense does that make?... thats like me saying you have rabies because i said u have rabies

[edit on 1-2-2006 by NewBornProphet]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind

Since you cant prove it..i dont care.

Everyone has been waiiting for something big to happen in 06'.

Were is this object now?

Are there anymore pictures..showing this object?

I also read that the original page the picture was taken from is down now..hmm that seems to me that somebody might be trying to hide something.

MAybe Thats because its Planet X!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Uh, oh. Nancy says Planet X is back.

better lock up your dog.

Nancy: What… If there is a food shortage and all your neighbours can’t go to the grocery store and they have hunted down the wildlife to nothing, they are gonna…. You know a dog makes a good meal….

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
ummm...why should we kill our pets? lol

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewBornProphet
there is such a thing as planet x and you would know that if u did your reasearch.... last year NASA discovered planet X and the mayans discovered planet X long before our great great great great great ancestors found out that the world was round lol... come on now...and u said blame the weather being funky on the weather being funky? how much sense does that make?... thats like me saying you have rabies because i said u have rabies

[edit on 1-2-2006 by NewBornProphet]

I have done my research and the reason why I said that there is no such thing as Planet X is that the astronomical community is currently arguing about how large something needs to be to be a planet. Here's a link to the latest object discovered: www.nasa.gov...
Now, this thing is larger than Pluto, so that makes it a planet. But does that therefore mean that Pluto (which is titchy) is in fact just a large icy Kuiper Belt object? In which case Pluto gets downgraded and the new body becomes the 9th planet. Confusing or what? And we keep finding things in the Kuiper Belt that are close to Pluto, so there's a good chance that we might find something else that's larger than it.

The reason why I came in on this thing is that there is no chance that there is a mystery/new planet in the Solar System that has an orbit inside ours, as the first post claims.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewBornProphet

there is such a thing as planet x and you would know that if u did your reasearch.... last year NASA discovered planet X and the mayans discovered planet X long before our great great great great great ancestors found out that the world was round lol...

Planet X was the name given to a theretical planet believed to orbit beyond Neptune and be responsible for tint pertubations in Neptune's orbit. It was discivered 100 years ago. And is now called Pluto. We've since discovered that the perturbations aren't cause by a planetary or other mass anyway - though we have nonetheless discovered several more planets (or planetoids) beyond Pluto including Quaoar, Sedna and 'Xena'.

Of course, the Mayans never looked for a planet beyond Neptune, because they didn't know Neptune existed.....

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'd say it's either Mercury or Venus.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Maybe what NewBornProphetwas trying to say was that nibiru is planet x.

Like i said before,were is this planet shaped object now?

Where is Nibiru now and when will it return?

"Nibiru is in our solar system and headed towards earth on its routine run through our galaxy. That is why we are feeling its effects. NASA and other governmental groups know this very well. Nibiru was first spotted by our scientists back in 1987. We have been feeling its effects since 1996."

Taken from
www.nibiruancouncil.com...#

ok.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by MagicPriest420]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Maybe what NewBornProphetwas trying to say was that nibiru is planet x.

Like i said before,were is this planet shaped object now?

Where is Nibiru now and when will it return?

"Nibiru is in our solar system and headed towards earth on its routine run through our galaxy. That is why we are feeling its effects. NASA and other governmental groups know this very well. Nibiru was first spotted by our scientists back in 1987. We have been feeling its effects since 1996."

Taken from
www.nibiruancouncil.com...#

ok.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by MagicPriest420]

yea thats what i was talkin bout....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join