It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real women have curves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When your gut is popping out over your hip hugger jeans...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
There's nothing wrong with curves. A woman can still have curves and be fit.

The problem I have is when a woman has obviously let herself go and then she cries about thin women and blurs the line between curvy and just plain fat.

I have a little bit of a gut but I don't run around crying about men with six-pack abs ruining it for me.

Peace

THANK YOU!

As a small woman, I'm tiered of NOT finding clothes that fit..because American retailers are into comforting the ever expanding American waist line. By letting women think they are a smaller size than they really are!
Its sad that at almost 23 I can shop at Limited too...

I'm tiered of fat women saying because I'm small I MUST MUST have an eating disorder.
No not really! I run between 7-10 miles 5 days a week,swim,mountain climb,cross country cycle,watch what I eat.
There is NOTHING wrong with that!
Guess who is gonna live longer.
I'm sorry but Americans just love to excuse fat, as curvy and every other BS line. On that, I never have trouble shopping in Europe.

Curves TRUE curves are nice, but these days the line between that and FAT. Is so blurred!
As for men not liking skinny women....I have no idea where people that think that are living! To each his own, but that statement is ignorant.

OK flame away...cause you know I probably have an eating disorder and all!

[edit on 3-2-2006 by b777pilot]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would like to echo what Dr. Love said.
Curves, no curves, whatever. Fitness is what counts. There are very few perfect bodies, and it is the rest of the package that makes the body. However, whether the person be male or female, letting one's body go to pot says a lot about the rest of the package.

You know, I've dated women of different sizes who grumbled about the same stuff; only the first wife was of the build that allowed her to shop with ease (the pity of it was, she had bad taste in clothing!
)

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is one of My biggest problems. It's so hard to go to the mall and find clothing to fit Me. Decent clothing anyway. I don't shop for Myself often, I've realized how crappy & unattractive I feel after trying clothes on for hrs. to find nothing fits. The bigger the clothes the uglier they seem to be. C'mon, nobody looks good in a dress with cabbage rose print. I've been every size imaginable. 12 yrs ago I was a size 2 with no boobs, didn't even have to wear a bra. Now I'm a size 14 and a 40DD. I'm 5'6" and could lose a few as I'm 10-15 lbs. overweight. I'm finding that as I try on clothes the large/x-large are more like the smalls I tried on yrs. ago and that My 6 y/o can fit into them(smalls). It makes it really difficult. It's not too hard finding pants but I find the style of pants in My range tend to be polyester and I have to search a bit longer than I like. Shirts? Forget about it. They're cut so small. When I finally find a 1/2 way decent shirt it fits poorly. I have more 'area' to cover in front than I do in the back so My shirts look like they're shorter in the front. Women should have curves, they're beautiful. Besides, I'm tired of wearing jogging pants! Fluffy girls unite!

Peace. K*

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When I saw the Dove adds around Boston I thought to myself " about time" .

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by b777pilot

Originally posted by Dr Love
There's nothing wrong with curves. A woman can still have curves and be fit.

The problem I have is when a woman has obviously let herself go and then she cries about thin women and blurs the line between curvy and just plain fat.

I have a little bit of a gut but I don't run around crying about men with six-pack abs ruining it for me.

Peace

THANK YOU!

As a small woman, I'm tiered of NOT finding clothes that fit..because American retailers are into comforting the ever expanding American waist line. By letting women think they are a smaller size than they really are!
Its sad that at almost 23 I can shop at Limited too...

I'm tiered of fat women saying because I'm small I MUST MUST have an eating disorder.
No not really! I run between 7-10 miles 5 days a week,swim,mountain climb,cross country cycle,watch what I eat.
There is NOTHING wrong with that!
Guess who is gonna live longer.
I'm sorry but Americans just love to excuse fat, as curvy and every other BS line. On that, I never have trouble shopping in Europe.

Curves TRUE curves are nice, but these days the line between that and FAT. Is so blurred!
As for men not liking skinny women....I have no idea where people that think that are living! To each his own, but that statement is ignorant.

OK flame away...cause you know I probably have an eating disorder and all!

[edit on 3-2-2006 by b777pilot]

What is the 'average' size for women in England? Is it comparable to the U.S.? I think a lot of it has to do with culture/race too. My black girlfriends have no problem with being 'padded' and actually embrace it (wish I could get that mentality) My white girlfriends are too concerned with their body, freaking out if they're not as skinny as the next girl. I'm trying to break that thought process with My daughter. With the media and society it's definately an uphill battle.

Peace. K*

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Maybe black ladies look better "fluffy" than the white chicks do . . .

"scotty, raise the shields! . . . . Flames approaching on all vectors! Go to warp speed!!!!

Actually, I wonder if the attitude among some black women is a minor payoff from the US civil rights movement: the realization that I shouldn't look to other people for my own positive self-image.

As a number of recent threads on BTS have lamented a lot of women (largely white ones . . . or is it white large ones? . . . Oh no! here come more flames!!!!) Seem to be looking outside themselves, to men, for validation.

And men, particularly white men, have not been in the business of validating anyone, themselves included . . .

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's just as wrong for people to accuse skinny girls of having an eating disorder as it is to pick on fat girls. My best friend is very skinny and gets accused of having an eating disorder, and not just by fat girls.

People come in all different shapes and sizes and there are also plenty of people who are attracted to people of different shapes and sizes. I am a big white girl and I don't gripe and complain about skinny women.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is obviously a problem for women who are not heroin addicts or anorexic to find the right fitting clothes-I do believe they decide what the fashion is in the industry and then that is that-not much else available...

or else there is no freakin reason in hell a woman well into her late 40's should be walking the mall wearing hiphuggers with love handles and a belly buldging over it would think she looks good?!?!?!?!

Of course not, I figure she obviously had no other choice but to wear those hiddeous jeans...that or she is psycho blind in her second adolesence...I couldn't look away though...I just stared and thought WTF is she thinking?

I wonder...would Levi brands be any help? I know they don't make the ol' original 501 button up blues anymore, but do they still make them unisex enough to buy them tailored more to fit according to measuremnt? Like a 29X34 etc and then with the different styles of loose fit, etc that are offered...I mean jeans are jeans and should be unisex-make them fit the individual according to their body....not "size blah fits all" like happens with womens clothing you know...what is a size 12 to one woman's body isn't to another as was mentioned one brand may vary from another as well

CRAZINESS!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There is definately something to be said as has been done for those who do not take care of their bodies and complain they can't find propery fitting clothes too

...it could be they find the clothes...but aren't happy how they look in them...

which is an image problem based on the reality of their body...they can't be angry with the world and clothing industry just because they can't find a pair of jeans to make their size 12 body look like a size 5 in other words...which may be the case with some women...

I'm not saying all just some.... IMHO

As for tops...that is a different story, women can't be sports bra-ing their breasts flater just to wear a top and not have it crawling up beacuse they are top heavy and there's no room for it...then what? they shouldn't have to go to the XLarge sizes just to be able to clothe their boobs! And there is nothing wrong with cleavage people, tops should give those boobs room to breathe...

again JMHO

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
yea woman these days have really...well there not doing so well in the dressing them selves part. Its just bugs me when people have there name written on there cloths. This white chick at my school who acts black (sorry if that sounds racist its just funny this chick is red headed and faire skinned...hehe makes me laugh just thinking about it.) well anyway she’s all about writing her name on stuff, the consolers filing cabinet, her note books, book bags and recently in huge letters on a white hoodie. why must she do that, is she afraid she'll forget it...needs in there to make sure she spells it right? Also brings to point please don't tattoo your name on your body...same as with the cloths.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
See what You did now! I'm wondering 'hmm....maybe I am FAT. Maybe we're all fat! It's denial en masse!' Great, fat AND paranoid. I think fluffy black girls are prettier than fluffy white girls. Only because They're okay with Themselves. Confidence in ones body goes along way when it comes to atractiveness.

It's all in what You prefer. Look at the greek & roman statues. They are a symbol of what Their culture thought of as beautiful. Being overweight is not healthy. We should eat right, excercise and enjoy life. Screw everyone else.

Peace. K*

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm gonna keep this short and simple. I like women with curves... i like a woman. I like...................... CURVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I married a nice and curvy woman, 200 lbs. and 5'7". Nice and as I call it "fluffy!"

"bones are for dogs, meat is for men!" that is just how i feel! and I am happy with the "extra" that I get to play with, besides, I also agree with sir mixalot.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ok now for the opinion of a 15 year old guy who's never dated before, so it's not a very valuble opinion. But an opinion nonetheless.

I find it hard to be attracted to girls that just let themselves go all the way. I also find it hard to be attracted to girls who's ribcage is more noticable than anything else they have.

There must be a balance. I'm not much up for a girl who's nearly twice my weight. However I'm not really up in arms for a girl who's half my weight. Of course I'm only about 105 lbs. (high metabolism for anyone wondering), which means either of those extremes is an obvious indication of health issues.

All I can say is that it's nice to see a girl with a few curves, just so long as it's not excessive.

That is all.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If there existed a female, outside of your weight range/acceptability boundaries that you did fall in love with, what characteristics would she have that would make her an exception to your rules?

1. The funniest person you've ever met

2. The smartest person you've ever met

3. The richest person you've ever met

4. The most loving person you've ever met

5. The best person in bed you've ever met.

Would any of those be enough for you to "go" with that woman?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yes they would. I suppose I should rephrase what I said earlier. What I meant was that it would be difficult to be physically attracted. You do raise a good point though, it would be possible for me to love a person who was the ugliest person on earth if they had a personality that could make up for it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join