It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real women have curves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yes I borrowed the title of my thread from a good movie, actually U all should see it

I started this lil rant in another thread in response to what we wish someone would invent ... my first thought was this lol

I am curious to know if anybody else can relate ?

Clothes that actually fit the real body shapes of women today.

And I know I ain't the only one needing this because I have seen some horridly ill-fitting clothes on women and frequently ... it's usually enough to make U wanna
Why do women think advertising their love handles or rotund belly over hip hugging jeans they have no business wearing is cute ? errr...

Seriously, as Missy said it so well ..."I got a cute face, chubby wasit, thick legs, in shape ..."

I have thick legs that are not fat yet the only pants or jeans I can seem to find that I can fit my thighs and ass in are always way too big for my hips, let alone waist
lol

I have slightly larger than normal breasts yet my torso is average for my size and shape however finding a top that fits properly is almost impossible these days.

I am actually very proportionate, I am not bigger in any one part of my body that doesn't fit proportionately to the rest of me so if I'm having trouble then we're screwed

When was the last time someone re-evaluated the measurements of our sizing charts today ?

Is anybody ever gonna get it right ? Kimora Lee Simmons is on the right track
I love her clothes and the sizing is perfect for curvy women who don't need to be in no plus sized clothing
it's enough to make me sick to go in the routine females clothing stores at malls these days :shk:

So yeah if someone can do that, that'd be great, alot of women would be very appreciative
I would do it but I can't draw to save my life and I was just born to buy clothes, not make em
lol

I shoulda just put this up in Rant on my own thread huh ? lol apologies for the essay, carry on ...

I just might put this up, interested to know if I am alone in this

By the way, as an afterthought, if the idea is that we'll all WANT to fit into them ugly ass clothes they make for real skinny broads then I'll just keep tailoring my clothes myself to make em fit my body, thanks
cause I love my curves and I'm not alone ... and more women should

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Great rant.
And lord how true it is. I can't relate, being a guy, but lord after seeing how some women out there dress.....

I've never been big on scrawny women. I like women to look "real", and not be able to count their ribs, which seems to be the way it's going lately.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
there is shapely and there is fatty...

in the same way that a guy could be considered unattractive too skinny or "shapely"...

its one extreme to the other but totally transferable...

external imageexternal imageexternal image

external imageexternal imageexternal image

however, the real issue comes into play when the following happens...

external imageexternal image Too "Shapely" perhaps?

surely shapely does not necessarily mean attractive... its all relative to each individual.. if not their would be no fetishes or chubby chasers...

also a quote from a film that I find applicable here..

From Dogma

Rufus: This girl is no woman.
Bethany: Oh, those weren't t#ts I saw Jay cozying up to?
Serendipity: What these? You should know better than anyone at this table that t#ts don't make a woman.

external image

[edit on 29/1/06 by Klepto]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i am a curvy girl!

ImJaded i know what you mean.... i go into a shop and get my size... it does fit over my arse!

i hate the way everything is advetised be stick skinny, no meat on your bones, eat nothing to get the perfect figure, and be happy advertisment which is given out to girls today. Even the other women are becoming self consicous (spelling) of their bodies because of this model advertising!

i am proud to be different and have curves..... (well some times!). if we all looked the same it would be boring.

come on women stand up and be proud of your curves! men love them!

oni x x

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Sir Mix-a-lot: Baby got Back
I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough
'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I wanna get wit'cha
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But with that butt you got makes me feel so horny
Ooh, Rump-o'-smooth-skin
You say you wanna get in my Benz?
Well, use me, use me
'Cause you ain't that average groupy
I've seen them dancin'
The hell with romancin'
She's sweat, wet,
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got the butt? (Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to shake it! (Shake it!) Shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake that healthy butt!
Baby got back!

(couldn't resist...)

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm thin and I still have curves. I've a small waist with larger hips and bust. So obviously, you can be curvy and thin at the same time.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

your caption here

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
well Rant, that is quite obviously a woman dressed as a fella..

trade mark greasy quiff, small hands and little feet...

..and what looks to be a...HANDBAG!!

(either that or the Peewee Herman toy...)

external image

[edit on 29/1/06 by Klepto]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am a bigger woman now (yes...I am fat) but in my younger days I was skinny and I was a size 14 because I am naturally very curvy. It makes me kinda sick to see that sizes 12 and 14 are considered plus-sizes, because if I was any less than a size 12, I'd look pretty anorexic and unhealthy.

However, different people are attracted to different types. Someone posted here that shapely and muscular men look better than thin men, and I actually have a thing for rail skinny men for some reason. And even though I am fat, i still get hit on quite a bit while other fat girls claim that men don't like them because they are fat. I think most of the actual attraction is how you present yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I like big butts, and I can not lie!
It's true, looking at a big butt movin' down the sidewalk is poetry in motion.
It's a shame I can look, butt not touch, it makes me sad.
It's like a game, to look and not be seen.

Skinny butts just don't do it for me.

to the fat bottom girls

making bananas dance!

[edit on 29-1-2006 by Toadmund]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Western attitudes toward fashion, haute couture, self image, self esteeme are so distorted and manulipated it borders on insanity. Some people hate lawyers; I hate those Madison Avenue advertising [very profane word here] more than politicians. Almost anyway.

When I see kids buying into that manufactured image, I want to puke. Can't they see that it's just a money pit populated with skum monsters, shills and corn dogs.

No wonder the Western world is in the shape it's in with it's manulapitation from the likes of Ralph Lauren and Paloma Picasso.

Clothing Designers should be forced to wear their own damn clothes as we tie them to stakes, cover them with Vogue and Womens Wear Daily and set them ablaze.

Yes thank you, I do feel better!

To all you curvy women out there; you can't be to curvey for me!

[edit on 29-1-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'd just like to say one thing:

Mmmmmm.... curves.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've been called names on this site for saying that one of the first times I saw Frau Dr, she was coming back from the grocery store with a male aquaintance of mine, and had begun to rain. It was hotter than hell in September in Texas, and she'd gone out with no bra on under her T shirt. I drove up in my car as they were hurrying groceries into his place. He stopped to say high to me, and so did she. That's when the downpour started. And I realized there was more to her than met the eye.

I like a woman that you can tell it's a woman from 75 yards or more. without your glasses on.

See Jaded's Avatar for details.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
lol dr

lol klepto
on the sir mix alot

I understand what U are saying also, however my gripe is that clothing sizes these days are just wrong, they don't really fit anybody so who are they measured on and who for ?

Yossarian and Oni, and the other ladies, do U find it hard to find clothes that fit ? I mean regularly, my reason for posting this is because I just find that it is becoming more of a mission impossible. I literally have to tailor almost everything I buy! it's just bordering ridiculous.
This is my gripe, not about our size and shapes, I understand we are all different, but in a regular fashion store for females U find in any mall (well I guess I can only speak for where I am in Australia) the clothes barely fit anybody. I am the voice U will hear from the fitting room callin out "uhhh size 12 for WHO ?! grrrr" lol

I do find some labels in America cater tocurvier womentho so I do tend to shop online more so than go to a mall here anymore. SO much for supporting local designers, shame on U all! I shall buy from foreigners and gladly so! they don't let me down

toad that is great to hear, lol I once had a man serenade my rear in Spanish up Hollywood Blvd
healthy butts are good
I wish to never, ever lose mine
(and baby would agree am sure hehe) I actually will it to grow a lil more every day lol

I know most men do not like skinny females so what's the fuss about and where is this pressure coming from for women to be thin? From other women and I'll put money on it.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I can't say I have trouble buying clothes that fit.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
I can't say I have trouble buying clothes that fit.

hmmm must just be here then lol
Honestly I can't say I have experienced it anywhere else.
Must be a conspiracy against women in Australia to look a certain way ... altho I must say it isn't working lmao!

Well I'm outta here next month anyway (and good riddance) altho I really don't see any stores in Japan having clothing to fit a woman my size

thank God for the innanet and online shopping

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with curves. A woman can still have curves and be fit.

The problem I have is when a woman has obviously let herself go and then she cries about thin women and blurs the line between curvy and just plain fat.

I have a little bit of a gut but I don't run around crying about men with six-pack abs ruining it for me.

Peace

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
For the sake of argument I'll take the less curvy. Not that I wouldn't take a more curvy one. In fact I have one of each.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Jaded I understand what you are saying. I will but a pair of pants in my usual size at one store and then i will go to another store, try on a pair of pants that are the same size, and they will totally not fit.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When driving:

To get from here to there, take the straight, boring freeway.

OR

Take the curvy mountain way, hug the road, have more fun!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join