It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini-Kilov Project1157

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Who has more infromations about this perfect cruiser?Do you know what's the name the cruise that was belong to USSR Navy is?

[Title was killing RSS feed - fixed]

[edit on 31-1-2006 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
doesn't really fit the size of a battlestar... a battlestar is a hugh ship... like in that show battlestar Galactia lol

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Never heard of it.

1. Russia doesn't have any ships of this class.

2. Russia isn't building any ships of this class (but 19 other state-of-the-art ships are under construction!)

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Pssh...Like the Ruskies could build this great of a ship.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkmonkey14

Well dude they build the biggest supertankers to carry oil, and they're building 2 bigarse carriers....so to answer you question - yes, they sure sa hell could.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
HA! What does building massive oil ships have to do with building high tech ships of war?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   

HA! What does building massive oil ships have to do with building high tech ships of war?

I thought you said they couldn't build a ship of this size?

Well building high tech ships is even easier for them - they build a dozen ships like this each year.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
Well dude they build the biggest supertankers to carry oil, and they're building 2 bigarse carriers....so to answer you question - yes, they sure sa hell could.

Right?

en.rian.ru...

Nothing floats like a Hyundai...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Russia's largest tanker company Sovcomflot

I don't think Hyundai is building Russia's two aircraft carriers - I'm sure thats what Sovcomflot is busy with

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I wondered that this project's number should be 1170 which was belong to SlavaⅡ Class project

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I thought you said they couldn't build a ship of this size?

Well building high tech ships is even easier for them - they build a dozen ships like this each year.

You're saying russia is building dozens of these warships? Highly doubt it.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by punkmonkey14]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I don't think Hyundai is building Russia's two aircraft carriers - I'm sure thats what Sovcomflot is busy with

Please support your claim that there are two aircraft carriers under construction by any entity in Russia.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You're saying russia is building dozens of these warships? Highly doubt it.
[edit on 30-1-2006 by punkmonkey14]

Current [Military] Ships in Construction by Russia:

Name - Class - Commission Date
Stereguschyy 2038.0 Stereguschyy Pending

Boikyy 2038.0 Stereguschyy Pending

Soobrazitel'nyy 2038.0 Stereguschyy Pending

Admiral Lobov CG Slava Pending

Vechniy DDG Sovremenny Pending

Buynyy DDG Sovremenny Pending

? FFG 22350 Pending

Dagestan FFG Gepard Pending

Yaroslav Mudryy FFG Neustrashimy pending

Borodino FFG Novik pending

Ivan Gren LST Alligator Type V Pending

Vitse-Admiral Zakhar'in MSO Natya Pending

Aleksandr Nevskiy SSBN Borei Pending

Borei - II. Pending. The keel was laid down on March 2004.

Yuri Dolgoruky SSBN Borei Pending

Severodvinsk SSGN Granay Pending

K ? SSGN Granay Pending

K ? SSGN Granay Pending

K 139 Belgorod SSGN Oscar II pending

K 152 Nerpa SSN Akula pending

Source:
www.warfare.ru...

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Please support your claim that there are two aircraft carriers under construction by any entity in Russia.

Thanks.

... That's a very well known fact, it's been in the news.

Unfortunately I don't have anything bookmarked (I didn't know people could not know about this).

The timeframe I believe - 5 years to design, approx 2000-2005 and 5 years to build - approx 2005-2010.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Manincloak]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Unfortunately I don't have anything bookmarked (I didn't know people could not know about this).

Why is it impossible to find any source on the fact. Your reference doesn't support your supposition, there are no carriers listed on that page, and why are they all pending commission, including the one which had it's keel laid in 1988!

18 years and still building... Naval power indeed.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The only thing I've been able to find ANYWHERE about new Russian carriers shows the earliest in service date as 2017. I don't want to quote it or link it because it's another message board, and I don't wanna violate T&C, but all the evidence I've found shows that there's nothing being built, and they're only working on a new design, but it's going to be at least 10 years before anything is in service.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Why is it impossible to find any source on the fact.

How is it impossible?
It's not possible for that to be impossible

Originally posted by Mirthful MeYour reference doesn't support your supposition, there are no carriers listed on that page

That's because construction hasn't begun yet.

Originally posted by Mirthful Meand why are they all pending commission

If it wasn't pending, then it would be commisioned yet - they are in construction, that's why theiy haven't been commisioned yet - because they are in construcion.

Originally posted by Mirthful Me18 years and still building... Naval power indeed.

What are you talking about ? There's no ship there that was laid down in 1988. I think you're misreading something.

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The only thing I've been able to find ANYWHERE about new Russian carriers shows the earliest in service date as 2017. I don't want to quote it or link it because it's another message board, and I don't wanna violate T&C, but all the evidence I've found shows that there's nothing being built, and they're only working on a new design, but it's going to be at least 10 years before anything is in service.

That's very true to the extent it was planned to take 10 years in total from start to finish.

I'm not sure about 2017, I think 2015 at the very most.

I shall try to find some sources.

Edit: WOOOPS - I gave the wrong timeline

Desgn -> 2005 ~ 2010

Construction -> 2010 ~ 2015

They have started to design it, they made a dead hard deadline to begin constuction by 2010, and they plan / hope to have it built in about 5 years.

Sorry for the messup

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Manincloak]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well the source I found was from a Russian newspaper, using a Russian military source, and they said 2017.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Well the source I found was from a Russian newspaper, using a Russian military source, and they said 2017.

Any date that far away is a guess at best.

It really depends how fast they build it, and how much money they are willing to spend for a speedier construction.

The Russian Federation is currently developing a new aircraft carrier design. They are starting from scratch to make a modern model, with the newest available materials and electronics. Requirements would be for two aircraft carriers - one for the Russian Baltic Fleet and one for the Russian Pacific Fleet. Construction is set to begin by 2010, and finish in around 6 years.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

MOSCOW. May 15 (Interfax) - The Russian Navy is launching a project to develop a new aircraft carrier, the navy's commander Admiral Vladimir Kuroyedov told Interfax.

"We are beginning work to develop a new aircraft carrier in 2005. Construction is to begin after 2010," Kuroyedov said.

"We are launching this development project and will involve leading experts to find out which materials and weapons we'll need and how many aircraft carriers should be built," he said.

Kuroyedov earlier told journalists that the navy is planning to put the new carrier into service in the Northern Fleet by 2016-17. Another carrier will be built for the Pacific Fleet, he said. "Deck aviation has a good future. A new multi-purpose aircraft will be created in a few years," Kuroyedov said.

Source: www.milavia.net...

So yeh, I guess you're right with that, although I think they will hope to get it done by 2015 or 2016.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Was more effective than this.

First you say:

Then you change your story:

The timeframe I believe - 5 years to design, approx 2000-2005 and 5 years to build - approx 2005-2010.

Then reality sets in:

Edit: WOOOPS - I gave the wrong timeline

Desgn -> 2005 ~ 2010

Construction -> 2010 ~ 2015

They have started to design it, they made a dead hard deadline to begin constuction by 2010, and they plan / hope to have it built in about 5 years.

Sorry for the messup

On another note:

What are you talking about ? There's no ship there that was laid down in 1988. I think you're misreading something.

From your source:

• Yaroslav Mudryy FFG Neustrashimy

Laid: 27.05.88. Neustrashimy-2. Ex-Nepristupny (30.08.95). 2001: readiness 75%. pending

www.warfare.ru...

Looks like a keel was laid in May. 1988… And is still pending commission.

:shk:

Maybe the Russians do need to get Hyundai to build their carriers.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I suspect this ship is just fan art, I've never heard anything about it anywhere else. As far as I know the Russians currently have no new large surface combatants under construction. AFAIK the only surface vessels currently under contruction are the Stereguschyy corvettes.

And Mirthful your statement about the Neustrashimyy is incorrect, it's been in active service since 1993, I can find you pics if you want. However there is ony one, and it's an relatively small (but well armed) ASW frigate built to replace the Kirivaks, not anything comparable to the ship in the lead post.

I wouldn't discount the Russians' ability to put more large hulls in the water in the long term, including CV's. The have the necessary experience and technology.

The Russian economy, contrary to what a lot of people seem to think, is currently bouncing back in a big way. The financial crisis of the late 1990's is long over, Russia's GDP has been growing at about 6.5% anually since, and higher oil prices are likely to see this increase in years to come. Foreign debt has gone down from 90% of the GDP to around 28%, and foreign currency reserves have gone from $12B to about $80B. Their economy is still heavily dependent on resource exports though.

EDIT: I promised pics: Neustrashimyy in Keil, Gemany in 1995. Also at the Keil Week Regatta in 2002. Both would be rather difficult to manage if it hadn't launched yet

THe Russians already operate the largest surface combatants on the planet.
Two 26,000 ton Kirov BCGN's are still in service, as well as three 11,500 ton Slavas. The largest surface combatants the US operates are the 10,100 ton Ticonderoga CG's. Size isn't everything though, I'd rather have a squadron of Burke DDG's than a pair of Kirovs. But yes, the Russians are perfectly capable of building very large surface combatants.

[edit on 1/31/06 by xmotex]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join