It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credit Card Warning!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stevy
ohh crap.... Guys i kinda gave over my bank detals when my credit card company call about 2 weeks back to pay them via my bank. And they called again the other day (because i didint pay them) And then told me they have none of my bank detals?!?!?!?!

what should i do????

Just dont give out any information when you receieve a call. Hang up and call the 800 # on the back of your credit card or your statement and talk to them and you're safe to give out your info.

My friend today had a charge for $10 from some match-making website that she's never heard of. She called the 800 # on the statement and they told her that it was a mistake but they need her credit card # to credit her amount back. My friend is sitting right next to me while this is asked and I tell her to hang up and call the credit card co. instead. The credit card co. cant put a dispute thru for some reason. What a predicament eh.
After being fully warned she called up the other co. again and said that she didnt have her credit card handy. Their response: "well ma'am we need your credit card # because we cant locate you in our vast database" ( What baloney)

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
tell your friend to call the CC company and register the card as 'lost' and they'll cancel any transactions on that card that are pending from the moment it's registered as lost...they should then re-issue a new card which should take a few days, and all your friend has lost is 10 bux to a dodgy site....which, if you have the ISP, you could always bombard from an 'anonymous' IP as revenge, or order taxis, pizzas, limo's etc if you have a real-world address...a jiffy-bag full of dog-poo always does the trick, and if they have a 'freepost' address, wrap up a few housebricks and mail them off as well

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by timski
tell your friend to call the CC company and register the card as 'lost' and they'll cancel any transactions on that card that are pending from the moment it's registered as lost...they should then re-issue a new card which should take a few days, and all your friend has lost is 10 bux to a dodgy site....which, if you have the ISP, you could always bombard from an 'anonymous' IP as revenge, or order taxis, pizzas, limo's etc if you have a real-world address...a jiffy-bag full of dog-poo always does the trick, and if they have a 'freepost' address, wrap up a few housebricks and mail them off as well

The dog-poo idea sounds like a winner.

The problem is that my friend just left this morning for Colombia and she needs to use her CC there. So she's gonna have to put up with the charge for this month. Thats what happens when you're lazy.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join