It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the bible non-fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have always had a lot of questions about the Bible. Is their any proof anything in the Bible acually happened, or are we just suposed to belive that it just did. I am not trying to offend anyone at all i am trying to answer questions i have and possably become a believer myself. Why didn't jesus write anything, or did he and the powers that be don't want us to know about. I have heard rumors of acual scriptures written by Jesus himself [some claim these are written in his own blood] these scriptures are rumored to go against everything the churches are about so we will not ever see it if it exists. But the real question i am asking is is their any proof any of this happened, sorry for my stupidity

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
IMO the Bible is a collection of Myths, Legends, Geneology, and collected
bedtime stories.

In short some fact, some fiction, some history,some family beliefs. Records of
family disputes( at least from the writers side, but lacking as Paul Harvey would
say, "the rest of the story.")

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
ironjello, thet are conspiracy theories that jesus did write his own "testament" and that the vatican is hiding the document. But no proof, only wild accusations.

Secondly the oldest scripture of the old testament is called the Dead Sea Scrolls. Link It is estimated to be made around 100 A.D. we can referance its accuracy to other evidence we have found at other sites, and texts. So all in all it is a pretty accurate historic description of somethings, but then again it doesnt mention the word "jesus" once.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There has been no archelogical evidance found that contradicts the bible

They found the city of Hazor

They found the remains of Sodom and Gomorrah

They have found evidance of Hebrews in Egyption Tombs as well as what looks to be Jacobs tomb

The palace at Jericho where Eglon, king of Moab, was assassinated by Ehud (Judges 3:15-30). They also found the walls fell outward and the place was evacuated quickly (still food and grain in the city after it was abandoned)

The east gate of Shechem where Gaal and Zebul watched the forces of Abimelech approach the city (Judges 9:34-38).

The Temple of Baal/El-Berith in Shechem, where funds were obtained to finance Abimelech's kingship and where the citizens of Shechem took refuge when Abimelech attacked the city (Judges 9:4, 46-49).

The pool of Gibeon where the forces of David and Ishbosheth fought during the struggle for the kingship of Israel (2 Samuel 2:12-32).

The Pool of Heshbon, likened to the eyes of the Shulammite woman (Song of Songs 7:4).

The royal palace at Samaria where the kings of Israel lived (1 Kings 20:43; 21:1, 2; 22:39; 2 Kings 1:2; 15:25).

The Pool of Samaria where King Ahab's chariot was washed after his death (1 Kings 22:29-38).

The water tunnel beneath Jerusalem dug by King Hezekiah to provide water during the Assyrian siege (2 Kings 20:20; 2 Chronicles 32:30).

The royal palace in Babylon where King Belshazzar held the feast and Daniel interpreted the handwriting on the wall (Daniel 5).

The royal palace in Susa where Esther was queen of the Persian king Xerxes (Esther 1:2; 2:3, 5, 9, 16).

The royal gate at Susa where Mordecai, Esther's cousin, sat (Esther 2:19, 21; 3:2, 3; 4:2; 5:9, 13; 6:10, 12).

The Square in front of the royal gate at Susa where Mordecai met with Halthach, Xerxes' eunuch (Esther 4:6).

The foundation of the synagogue at Capernaum where Jesus cured a man with an unclean spirit (Mark 1:21-28) and delivered the sermon on the bread of life (John 6:25-59).

The house of Peter at Capernaum where Jesus healed Peter's mother-in-law and others (Matthew 8:14-16).

Jacob's well where Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman (John 4).

The Pool of Bethesda in Jerusalem, where Jesus healed a crippled man (John 5:1-14).

The Pool of Siloam in Jerusalem, where Jesus healed a blind man (John 9:1-4).

The tribunal at Corinth where Paul was tried (Acts 18:12-17).

The theater at Ephesus where the riot of silversmiths occurred (Acts 19:29). - See picture at top

Herod's palace at Caesarea where Paul was kept under guard (Acts 23:33-35).

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Spiritual truth--
regardless of the channel(s) through which it is bestowed upon each of us by the loving-kindness and generosity of Deity
--is so much more than 'true' or 'false,'
and it lies beyond the human delineations of
'fiction' and 'non-fiction.'

No matter where one searches for the truth--it can and will be found, but it only becomes apparent when one widens one's perspective beyond the mundane.

Dig?

new topics

top topics

join