It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced joined-wing designs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
no, i didn't receieve anything

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i know why..............
Because i don't have more 20 post on this forum, and i can't reply to your MCENTER.......
Can u send me your email to send you my respons please ? Thank's

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here's something :

www.buran.ru...
www.buran.ru...

Specs :

Take of engine power, kg - 6x40000
Maximum payload (incl. suspension elements), t - 450
Take off mass, t - 900
Maximum fuel reserve, t - 358
Wing span, m - 90.4
Length, m - 73.4
Maximum cargo dimensions, m:
length - 60
width - 11
height - 9.4
Operational range, km:
with maximum payload - 2300...3100
with maximum fuel reserve - 8300...11800
Cruising speed, km/h: - 840
Take-off run, m - 2350
Landing run, m - 1000
Crew No. of persons:
Basic - 4
shift - 4

^^ NPO Molniya's proposed stuff

linkAt present NPO MOLNIYA is working not only in the space field but also on aircraft engineering. A series of civil aircraft with carrying capacity from 500 kgs up to 5 tons are being designed here. To appear on the world market of such engineering, where extremely rigid competition exists, is possible only with the products appreciably distinguished from the similar ones by their characte-ristics. Considering this NPO MOLNIYA has chosen a "triplane" aerodynamic scheme stipulating in comparison with traditional schemes the essential increase of flying safety and fuel economy of its aircraft.

The triplanes have advantages of canard and classical schemes, but are free from their faults. The use of all three planes carrying properties reduces loads on the construction providing significant (up to 20%) reduction of the aircraft weight and dimensions and therefore the reduction of fuel consumption and the whole vehicle cost. Besides the triplanes have the following advantages:

the increased level of flying safety because at a high angle of attack a flow separation occurs on the foreplane prior to that on the main wing, that practically excludes the stall into a spin

the simplicity and easiness of the aircraft pilotage because of small loads on controls

the high lift-drag ratio in cruise flying mode and the improvement of take-of-landing performance stipulated by the reduction of aerodynamic balancing losses

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
planemen, now my mCENTER works well.....

We have a version UAV : www.colabsystems.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Stealthspy, those aircraft are not joined-wings. Atleast, to me they don't look like they're joined wings, but they're still pretty interesting nonetheless.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Are you thinking of designing your own fuselages or modifying existing ones as implied by your Hunter picture?

UAVs seem like an obvious application for the COLAB Systems’ joined wing configuration, given the wing characteristics. Is the joined wing (in this fashion) inherently STOL?

Here’s a generic UAV layout, well except the tail, but using the COLAB Joined Wing.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Slightly better layout:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
2 GREATEST UAV, wow you are on the good way. You have a good feeling with the Colab Concept, congretulation....................

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm a new member here, ran across the site whilst researching joined wings.
I have been flying many designs of joined wings since 1967, initially as radio-controlled models, then hang gliders, and finally UAVs. The Wolkovitch design was an attempt by him to circumvent my original patent which had a high front wing and low rear wing.(He was building hang gliders, and saw one of mine, copied it offered for sale.Lawyers persuaded him this not a good idea!). Designs have included a twin engine 6 seater, (Jelm Aircraft Co, 1970) a single seat sport plane,(38 hp Norton Wankel engine) and a large number of mostly military UAVs including the Asvec UK range,Mission Technologies(Texas) range, and the "Outrider" U.S.Army UAV. I can inform kilcoo 316 that the rear wing does not stall first; in fact when the aircraft is slowed down it just mushes on an even keel and can perform a "parachute" descent. Usually flaps are fitted on both wings. Wind tunnel test at a Texas NASA facility showed that the aircraft can maintain an unusually high angle of attack and consequent high C/L. The picture of the (presumably light aircraft) in the thread is new to me; interesting since I recently returned after four years in Ontario where I frequently flew a small surveillance UAV in the Port Stanley and London areas.

Mod Edit: Removed Email Address.

[edit on 25/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by COLAB
2 GREATEST UAV, wow you are on the good way. You have a good feeling with the Colab Concept, congretulation....................
IMHO, no not a very good feel for the (Alleged "Colab" design ; actually a version of mine, first patented in the late 60s! The twilplane for pitch control is not strictly needed ; although a Vee tail combining pitch and yaw controls works extremely well ; and has been doing so on a large number of variants designed by myself over the last forty years!.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hi,

I am no longer associated with COLAB. If you are serious, then I suggest you address COLAB. Either way I think it is a matter of fact that you are not the first person to conceive joined wings (no disrespect), merely have an interpretation of the concept, or a design that can be so-described. I have seen copies of COLAB patents for join wings and have no reason to consider them suspect in any way. Some of what COLAB have achieved is very promising but alas like many small ventures I don't think they have a commercial future but hopefully I'll be proven wrong on that. I am not here to represent or defend COLAB or NASA or an other aero-industry group who have experimented with joined wings.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What's the problem, macboffin ?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by COLAB

I will attempt to communicate directly to COLAB regarding the joined wing design.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
And now the new FORUM with an english discutions spot....for this worderfull concept wings.

Have fun

[edit on 20-8-2008 by COLAB]

[edit on 20-8-2008 by COLAB]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by macboffinI can inform kilcoo 316 that the rear wing does not stall first; in fact when the aircraft is slowed down it just mushes on an even keel and can perform a "parachute" descent.

Does the setting angles of the respective wings require tailoring to achieve that, or is it "natural"?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hello Planeman,

About 10 years ago a freind of mine was mountain climbing in northern Scotland on New Year's Day - it was a cold clear day ( temp approx -2c ) and he swears blind he saw a plane identical to the Box Wing Lockhheed are supposedly getting rady to fly - this was in formation with 2 or 3 fighters and they seemed to be e fueling or practicing doing so.

This was as I say long before the thing went " public " - he thought it odd and dscribed it as a Biplane Refuelling aircaft

One for you to ponder on !

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
yes you can play on all angles junction points depending on the type of reaction to be obtained depending on the desired use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join