It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A world with One religion.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Did any of you even take the time to listen to the Quran ?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Submersible
What I am offering you is just a possibility, a solution to the religious war that will continue to plague all of our lives if nothing is done.

This is demented.. you think we'll have world peace by having another crusades?! Study history please.. it's been tried before.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

What I am offering you is just a possibility, a solution to the religious war that will continue to plague all of our lives if nothing is done.

This is demented.. you think we'll have world peace by having another crusades?! Study history please.. it's been tried before.

The history of what? war ?
This is not about a fight or about someone trying to force anything upon another.

I don't know what you will have riley.
You have the opportunity to create anything your heart desires.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The history of what? war ?
This is not about a fight or about someone trying to force anything upon another.

So why would you expect everyone to covert to YOUR choice of religion? Aren't their beliefs good enough? What if they're happy with them?
If only they could submit to YOU and what YOU think is right.. the world will be nice an dandy?

..What I am offering you is just a possibility, a solution to the religious war that will continue to plague all of our lives if nothing is done.. become an atheist!! Works for me.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by riley]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

So why would you expect everyone to covert to YOUR choice of religion? Aren't their beliefs good enough? What if they're happy with them?
If only they could submit to YOU and what YOU think is right.. the world will be nice an dandy?

..What I am offering you is just a possibility, a solution to the religious war that will continue to plague all of our lives if nothing is done.. become an atheist!! Works for me.

If I wanted you to submit to something that I proposed, it would have been expressed in that manner.
It's not about MY choice of religion, it is about the truth.
I'm listening to the president talk in nashville while I'm typing this....
hundreds of millions of people are following him and his belief's, and even hundreds more have or will become victims of his 'faith'.
He want's this government's idea of 'freedom' to rule the world, he said that GOD would want the rest of the world to experience and appreciate the FREEDOM that we in America will never quit fighting for.
I could almost put that in quotes.
The military political and financial 'superpower' of the world is going to defend Israel against Hamas.
Who do you think is going to win when one side has nothing to lose

Allah or this ass backwards government ?

I don't believe that atheist people are oblivious to the rest of the world eventho' they are not "bothered" by religion anymore, it doesn't mean they forget about everybody else in the world.
My mother-in-law called me an atheist after we had a discussion concerning our perceptions of God.
I told her that I believe it is OUR responsibility, that WE are the only chance we have at creating a better world for ourselves. I believe that my source of life is this Earth, not some mumbo-jumbo supernatural God or Godesss Queen... just a polluted environment that we were born into, a place that we continue to make worse without regard to any of our decisions because God is going to come back from vacation one day and fix it.
I'm tired of waiting.

I believe WE have to make it happen.
I want US to fix it.
And this is the only and most logical solution I could come up with concerning religion.. everything else is a breeze.
I know you don't like it, my wife doesn't either, she sais "it freaks her out".
I say "what freaks you out baby"
she sais... "that tone".

I think it's a very powerfull song that nobody has ever considered in it's true form.
And yes, love could make this world "nice and dandy" if somebody could just get a hand on it. We don't need a 'superior ruler', just a source of light that is not trying to suffocate us in their smoke-screen.

Any and all of your recommendations are more than welcome.
It would be a good thing.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Submersible]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Don't worry Submersible, if my questions get too much for you to answer, you can always ignore them.

:shk:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You presented people with a statement where you claimed there would be Peace on Earth if there was only one Religion, as where peopel would follo the female Muslem Goddess .

First, there WILL Never be Peace on Earth wheter there is one religion or a 1000... Human race can not live in Peace with eachother, because there will always be a nut who wants something he/she can't have and another bunch of nuts to follow him/her.

Second,,... as far as i'm concerned there is NO Mulsem Goddess... i think if you went to Palestine for example, and share that idea with them...you'd probably be stonned already.

so why are you so surprised with the readers reaction, when you propose a soultion that doesn't exist... you almost reminded me of John Kerry....lol

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
this has to be the absolute worst thread ever.

i hope it gets locked.

people will believe what ever they want to believe the orgin of this thread is no different than fundamentalist christians trying to push their ways on the rest of the world!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

You presented people with a statement where you claimed there would be Peace on Earth if there was only one Religion, as where peopel would follo the female Muslem Goddess .

If there was only one religion then the potential for peace on Earth would be much greater, no ?
The ultimate goal is that people would cherish every form of life they come in 'contact' with, including the fruits of this Earth. Regardless who they want to believe actually 'made it'.

First, there WILL Never be Peace on Earth wheter there is one religion or a 1000... Human race can not live in Peace with eachother, because there will always be a nut who wants something he/she can't have and another bunch of nuts to follow him/her.

There doesn't have to be a limitation on what people can and can't have, as long as they don't take it from someone else.
You are probably very right, there will NEVER be Peace on Earth, but don't you think that is what the Spirit of this Earth desires ?!?
Or do you think the Life and Spirit of this Earth want's to continue to be an un-recognized part of your sewer system?
The last time I checked, there were over 4200 different forms of 'recognized' religion. NONE of them worship this planet,
NONE of them have fought for or against other religions for the Spirit of this EARTH!
Why is that? What's wrong with this picture !?!?

Second,,... as far as i'm concerned there is NO Mulsem Goddess... i think if you went to Palestine for example, and share that idea with them...you'd probably be stonned already.

You made yourself clear, maybe your concerns in life will be different if your toilet ever 'backs up'. I am fully aware that NObody recognizes the Woman Spirit of this Earth.
I wouldn't mind getting stoned, then at least it would matter.

so why are you so surprised with the readers reaction, when you propose a soultion that doesn't exist... you almost reminded me of John Kerry....lol

Thank you for the compliment, it never dawned on me that a slave could presented himself in such a proper manner.
I offer you a possibility, the potential of something good to look forward to in the future. Maybe you won't benefit from it personally, much like me... but it is something that future generations will have to consider.
I'm sure most people would believe a world with 4200 different religious belief's in their "creator" could not exist either, especially when none of them take responsibility for their own actions. Most religious followers put their fate in the hands of some 'body' else, while they kneel and pray face down and put their hands on the GROUND, their prayers are directed to something 'above' them. It's almost as if nobody even realizes where we are in this universe. What's wrong with this picture ? ?

This video summs up my take on the situation, Read the lyrics to the song while it's downloading, a perfect explanation.
A tribute to Your Source of Life. Known to most of you only as,
a damned good commode.
It somehow swallows all of our sewage and you never have to think about.

Is it wrong for somebody to dream that WE DESERVE MORE ?

Originally posted by Implosion
Don't worry Submersible, if my questions get too much for you to answer, you can always ignore them.

Yeah it's pretty comfortable, my ass is a little sore.
Maybe I should go out and more!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
this has to be the absolute worst thread ever.

i hope it gets locked.

people will believe what ever they want to believe the orgin of this thread is no different than fundamentalist christians trying to push their ways on the rest of the world!

To be fair pal, all you're doing there is pushing your fundamentalist belief that this thread isn't good enough to be allowed to continue. Don't you just hate it when one person tries to push his/her ways on the rest of the ATS community?

[edit on 1/2/06 by Implosion]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Does that mean you are from another planet?

It's not much different than when somebody tries to speak for the entire ATS community.

kinda like the pot calling the kettle black huh ?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

What I am offering you is just a possibility, a solution to the religious war

What you're offering is a psychotic delusion. A one-world religion is impossible even if everyone here agreed it was a good idea, which it isn't. Muslims kill eachother and make war just like everyone else.

You are probably better off with what you deserve, nothing.

Rather apropos that we're taking you with us then, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

If I wanted you to submit to something that I proposed, it would have been expressed in that manner.
It's not about MY choice of religion, it is about the truth.

Which you think is YOUR choice of religion? What makes your beliefs somehow more credible than mine? You have asked us to 'submit' to your beliefs because you have inferred that not doing so is selfish.. not agreeing is therefore an act of non compliance to your authority/'wisdom' in your eyes. I'm sorry.. but your ambition to be the world's saviour isn't going to work if you can't tell us why you are worth following more than our own beliefs.

The military political and financial 'superpower' of the world is going to defend Israel against Hamas.
Who do you think is going to win when one side has nothing to lose

Allah or this ass backwards government ?

I do not believe in Allah.. though his followers can be just as dangerous as any other gods.

I believe that my source of life is this Earth, not some mumbo-jumbo supernatural God or Godesss Queen... just a polluted environment that we were born into, a place that we continue to make worse without regard to any of our decisions because God is going to come back from vacation one day and fix it.
I'm tired of waiting.

I believe WE have to make it happen.
I want US to fix it.

By people converting to a religion that they are not familar or comfortable with and don't believe in? Are you suggecting they pretend and go through the motions?

And this is the only and most logical solution I could come up with concerning religion.. everything else is a breeze.

It's not a logical solution.. I'm sure the early church 'asked nicely for conversion' ..then they slaughtered all the pagens that refused to convert.. likewise Moslem terrorists. Even Osama has asked [he added or else]. Are you expecting a few million christians to become Moslems as well? Buddhists even? Thats the only completly peaceful religion I know.. wouldn't converting to that make more sense than a belief system with a record of habbitual violence and war? Why your god? Why any god? Wouldn't it be better to NOT make god the central political issue of the day and concentrate on ourselves instead? How about a 'live and let live' solution?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
Jesus spoke arabic? Thats news to me! I guess your god really wanted to screw the non-arabic people over eh? Some choice!

It looks like I was wrong

www.christianitytoday.com...

Believe it or not, it's happened before.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

To be fair pal, all you're doing there is pushing your fundamentalist belief that this thread isn't good enough to be allowed to continue.

[edit on 1/2/06 by Implosion]

I know, the best thing for me to do is just shut up and leave you alone about this for a while... allow you the time to let it sink in or fade away.

Which you think is YOUR choice of religion? What makes your beliefs somehow more credible than mine? You have asked us to 'submit' to your beliefs because you have inferred that not doing so is selfish.. not agreeing is therefore an act of non compliance to your authority/'wisdom' in your eyes. I'm sorry.. but your ambition to be the world's saviour isn't going to work if you can't tell us why you are worth following more than our own beliefs.

I have not nor will I ever ask you to 'submit' to my belief's riley, and Islam is not my choice of religion. Religion was not my choice to begin with.
I do however very much so respect and envy the Muslim's conviction, confidence and the amount of comfort they enjoy with Allah, a God they can hear, a God who talks back.
If it feels like what is being discussed here is from a source that deserves to be 'followed', that is not my intentions and not of my doing as this person.
If people who knew me as "scott" were to read this they would laugh if you told them where it came from.

By people converting to a religion that they are not familar or comfortable with and don't believe in? Are you suggecting they pretend and go through the motions?

Absolutely not, the time of pretending that we are comfortable with what we have been led to believe and just 'going through the motions' will hopefully soon be over. If you take into consideration that I do not know where to lead or take any of you, maybe it would open some of your hearts and minds enough for you to participate in this thread.
Would it make you feel better if I just came out and asked you for help?

It's not a logical solution.. Are you expecting a few million christians to become Moslems as well? Buddhists even? Thats the only completly peaceful religion I know.. wouldn't converting to that make more sense than a belief system with a record of habbitual violence and war? Why your god? Why any god? Wouldn't it be better to NOT make god the central political issue of the day and concentrate on ourselves instead? How about a 'live and let live' solution?

We gotta fight our way outta these God-Damned chains man!
I would LOVE for us to all be like Buddah, so perfectly peacefull that we could all levitate!
But Buddah wouldn't even consider trying to take this system down.

I see what this government is doing to their own people, and it is obvious who is in control (money and power) and who's Spirit is fighting against them. The government of terror has labeled THEM as terrorist.
Soon everybody will realize that 'consumer friendly' and the 'American way' was the wrong way.
I think the belief in a "Father/God" Spirit is a healthy thing for humans to possess, it gives them a reason to cherish the potential of a reward after this life, and it causes them to somewhat 'preserve' themselves. Considering a world with no religion would mean a people with no conscious mind, a people who made their choices based on natural instinct instead of morals.
If there were no consequences, or no perceived consequences would we have chosen to cherish our true source of life? I don't know either.
I would love to focus on a 'live and let live' solution for all of us, but it would just serve as good lipservice while we are still stuck in these chains.
Am I not focused on US??

And why MY choice of God?
Because I believe we really are ashes to ashes and dust to dust, that we are from this Earth man. And since it appears as nobody else has been trying to get others to recognize what has happened to what appears to be our only source of life, we definitely need something to bring us down to our hands and knees 5 times a day,
singing some kind of praise untill we are blue in the face.
Our disrespect towards the Spirit of this Earth, I won't even try to describe.
Do you realize that the industrial revolution combined with the religious confusion that has taken place over the past 100 years, has allowed the contamination of every living organism and vertebrae known to this planet?
Either what God has allowed, or what we have done, has caused 'Mother Earth' to become partially synthetic. A damnation.

You can't say that I don't have a Spirit within me, and you can't say that all of us didn't come from the same source and origins. So as far as I am concerned this Earth not only still has a superior Spirit that want's to save others, it also has one that Needs to be saved.

What if somebody took the Muslim world's final directions from the LORD then removed the meaning and turned it into a song?
Do you think it is going to benefit me personally?
NOT!

I don't feel like it will be necessary to discuss this anymore.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Bottom line. My last word on the subject. This world need organised religion like it needs a nuclear war. It's time people learned that God is in each and every one of us, and it's time that we allowed people to praise this God in any way they see fit, free from Dogma, free from intolerance, free from religious hatred. All we do by serving ANY organised religion is perpetuate boundaries, and hold up the wall of our mental prisons.

God is all powerful, s/he doesn't need us to band together to validate his existence any more than I need to be part of a religious movement to validate mine. Wake up and realise this. Evolve already.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Where are you from!? Do you not recognize your source of life or have any appreciation for the life you are enjoying today?
YOU better recognize !
Some BODY!
Some THING!
Some ONE much greater than you put your sorry ass here!

If you chose to believe that God, Your Creator is this Earth, or you chose to believe that God is a 'supernatural entity' that exist outside our perception of life, that's fine.
But if you chose to believe that you are here by some form of self induced existence then you better get ready to catch yourself.
I think you are about to fall.

I am from my mother and father (the source of my life). I wouldnt go as far as to say they were greater than me as we are all equals whether we like it or not. I dont believe in any god christian, islamic or otherwise. I dont see the need to give any special thanks to a supposed creator entity that people have imagined or created for themselves. SO in my book your the one in for the fall when you realise that your god is non existant and your getting nothing when you die.

G

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I do however very much so respect and envy the Muslim's conviction, confidence and the amount of comfort they enjoy with Allah, a God they can hear, a God who talks back.

You like the taliban?

We gotta fight our way outta these God-Damned chains man!
I would LOVE for us to all be like Buddah, so perfectly peacefull that we could all levitate!
But Buddah wouldn't even consider trying to take this system down.

Buddha would probably say 'solve your own problems'.
What do you mean 'take this system down'? What would that entail?

I think the belief in a "Father/God" Spirit is a healthy thing for humans to possess, it gives them a reason to cherish the potential of a reward after this life, and it causes them to somewhat 'preserve' themselves.

It also detracts from cherishing the life they have. This 'after life reward' has also inspired people to try cash their chips early by blowing themselves and others up. THAT is not healthy.

Considering a world with no religion would mean a people with no conscious mind,

Do not assume.. I have no religion yet I have a very concious mind.

people who made their choices based on natural instinct instead of morals.

Religion has proven itself to be immoral.. I have no religion and yet I have morals. Again.. don't make assumptions.. morals are totally dependent on the individual.

And why MY choice of God?
Because I believe we really are ashes to ashes and dust to dust, that we are from this Earth man.

So do I.

And since it appears as nobody else has been trying to get others to recognize what has happened to what appears to be our only source of life, we definitely need something to bring us down to our hands and knees 5 times a day, singing some kind of praise untill we are blue in the face.

Perhaps actually taking care and appreciating our planet might help? Praying 5 times a day would be just 'spiritual browny points' for some.. so long as they pay Allah homage he'll fix the ozone layer and the rest of the problems that plague our planet? Yeah right. Funny how that whole regions politics revolves around religion and OIL [the main thing thats destroying the planet.]

You pray 5 times a day.. but do you drive?

[edit on 2-2-2006 by riley]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
has anyone ever heard of the Baha'i faith ???

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I don't pray 5 times a day riley, you have me confused with somebody else.

This should answer the rest of your questions also.

YOU da' man!

Thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join