It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

remembering challenger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
ive never attempted to start a post but here i go. i remember i was 8 years old and we were watching the shuttle launch live on tv in Mr. C's class. all of us were shocked when this happened and i remember some kids were crying . this will never b a memory that i forget. let us honor these 7 astonauts today because they are not only american heroes , they are heroes for all of humanity.

here is a link to cnn.com with a complete story for any of u who are too young to remember or have forgotten. www.cnn.com...

here is a link to nasa www.nasa.gov...

r.i.p. crew of the challenger and any other man or woman who has lost their life in the name of humans to explore space.

[edit on 28-1-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I can still remember it too, when I was a kid I used to love watching all the space shuttle launches as they happened. I would still like to travel to Florida one day and hopefully see a launch, though I doubt it will happen with few if any flights in the future.

RIP Challenger and her crew... You will always be remembered.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Although I was born in August of 1986, scientifically speaking, I am as old as the Challenger disaster itself. It remains one of the defining moments of our lifetimes and it serves as a humbling experience to our limitations and our evils.

At the same time, it is also a reminder that someday, thanks to people like Francis Scobee, Michael Smith, Ronald McNair, Ellison Onizuka, Christa McAuliffe, Greg Jarvis, and Judy Resnik, we will be able to discover the great things out there and make our lives better for all.

Godspeed to the crew of the Challenger and to the forgotten three of Apollo 1, who died yesterday.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Amen. As long as there are people willing to risk it all to advance our knowledge, and our boundries, I think the human race will be OK.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
to all space fans. i highly recommend going to your local imax theater and viewing "magnificent desolation" its visually orgasmic . it honors those we lost 20 years ago today and all other americans who died living the dream.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Challenger exploded at around 11:38 this morning. I counted out 73 seconds in my head as my own way of remembering the disaster.

One thing's for sure. They all died, but they never stopped living.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was on a middle school field trip to see a play that morning so missed seeing the launch (I grew up in Orlando, so would usually see the launch on TV then go out to see it in the sky after a few minutes when it came visible from that distance). I think they just sent us all to the media center to watch the television reports when we got back to the school. It was quite weird, everyone was closely watching this launch since a teacher was aboard.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sad indeed. Ya I remember it still like yesterday. That was the very first space shuttle launch i saw as a kid (7 at the time). Rest in Peace to all the heros of the yesteryear who paved the way for where and what we are today.

new topics

top topics

join