It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The webmail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I see it by my name at the top. How do you get it. I have heard that it is avaliable at the ats store, but I don't see it for purchase.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ATS Webmail is no longer available for new subscribers and I believe there are no plans to reintroduce it in the future.
Hope that helps!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Then why not get rid of the link?

Unless of course it is a secret portal for the ultra elite among us.

Just kidding, it still works for those who signed up for it last year right?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yes it still works for those already signed up - hence why it is still there.
I think it basically boils down to space and bandwidth, most people apparantly just let their mailbox fill with spam mail and when you think there is 5mb per person allocated, if you have 1000 members (out of the 50,000ish) with full mailboxes then that's 5gb.
It's unfortunate, but it's a bit of a case where if you don't look after it, you lose it.
It's better for everyone in the long run though, puts less strain on the servers.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I thought that I read somewhere that they were going to change it to the mail going to your computer memory.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Reddragon
I thought that I read somewhere that they were going to change it to the mail going to your computer memory.

Your computer would have to have SMTP/POP3 capabilities, servers only do at the time. That idea is almost impossible, as the mail still has to go through a server, no way around it.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That would be good, but the mail is still stored on the server until you 'collect' it. So the same problems would be an issue.

top topics

join