It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

setting the trap for HAMAS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
HAMAS has been brought to power for one reason.
Becoming increasingly popular with all those greasy terrorist organisations its like putting them on a high chair for all to see and judge. Not just on a medial scale but on a more worldy scale. their structure and beliefs will be tested in front of their own followers eyes. Can they bring what they've promised their populus???
something tells me NO!
i think its merely a stunt by the powers that be (be that god or a super society) to either show HAMAS, as a governing body, will not support its own nation and be an abandoned ideology or to provoke them into their own demise by causing WARIII.

Much like throwing a money at a hobo so when he picks himself up you have a better chance of smashing him to pieces.

[edit on 28-1-2006 by spearhead]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you give money to a down and out thats fine,so long as it is appreciated,but if they pull a gun on you, and demand more, then the system comes down on them. Same with countries if you help them and they don,t conform you turn your back on them, otherwise its blackmail.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What is mostly important is that Syria and Iran can get supported by them against lebanon. this is being spoken of as a political Tsunami.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
...Or Palestinean people just wanted to elect a political faction that will bring MORE violence against the existance of Israel.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Byby Netandyahoo is celebrating this victory. He would benefit the most from this and also the demise of Ariel Sharon. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
...Or Palestinean people just wanted to elect a political faction that will bring MORE violence against the existance of Israel.

Indeed, this is the clear truth of the matter. The palestinian people want Hamas in power.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I think that they punished Fatah for some misdeeds. Regardless, in reality there is a big fear that they support Syria and Iran, which showe their happiness.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
With the election of this military power I can only imagine that the U.S. will have another fight on their hands.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that Bush was not too concerned about Hamas being elected? I also wonder if MOSSAD got exactly what they wanted.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The election of Hamas shows the failure in the idea spreading democracy will stop terror. We've been told time and time again that democratic nations never become terrorists, or that democracies "don't attack their neighbors"(this is a GWBush quote).

By every measurement, including that of the US government, the Palestinian election was free, open and legitimate - and a terrorist organization was voted into power. Ooops.

We are told that by bringing democracy to Iraq we will be creating stability in the region. Now that it looks like the government of Iraq will be Islamist and that Sharia (Islamic Law) will control the government, does the 1.5 trillion dollar War in Iraq still sound like a great idea?

The entire world bragged about how the elections in Egypt were the most free in their history, but the Islamic Brotherhood won 1/4 of the seats in the Egyptian legislature. Ooops, again.

This discussion is why governments just hate the Internet and the free exchange of ideas: It's easier than it's ever been for a community to figure out that they're being lied to. This is why most of the world is angry at the United States government. This is why the US government wants more control over electronic communications. This is why China wants to control Google. People in power HATE IT when the truth gets out.

This morning, I watched a petulant President on Face the Nation, say "I don't care, I'm a-gonna do it" when asked about electronic eavesdropping. With a pout on his face like a pissed-off 5 year old, he made it clear that no group of "citizens" was going to tell this guy what to do. No little namby-pamby "Constitution" was going to stop him from doing what "needs to be done" for the "good of the nation".

A show of hands: How many of you will feel safer knowing the government can secretly listen in on your phone calls? Because THAT'S the argument here. They've always been able to listen in, but they had to let somebody else in the government, somebody else with some responsibility, know they were doing it. But that wasn't enough. They had to be able to listen to your conversations WITH NO RECORD, NO OVERSIGHT, and most importantly NO PERMISSION. After all, it's not "POWER" unless you can get your own way. Ask any 5 year old.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12

They were voting more against the corruption of the Fatah than they were for Hamas. They wanted change and effective representation, they voted the only choice that they had.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The election of HAMAS into the political spectrum rings a new bell of uncertainty for the Middle East. Israel now regrets pulling out from the Gaza strip. They most likely have their missles locked, loaded and ready to fire. Even if HAMAS leaders sign a peace accord, there are some factions in HAMAS that will not stop to see the total destruction of Israel. Israel must elect Likud leaders to stop the terror before it starts. They must never resign to any peace agreements at the expense of their freedoms. HAMAS hates Zionists and will do anything to undermine their ability to remain a state. The United States and Great Britain must take a strong approach in dealing with that terrorist organization. They must NEVER give in to them at any cost.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Palestine had better well remember who pretty much handed them the reigns to power. The US played a HUGE part, if not the only part in their statehood. They would do VERY well to remember that when they start picking on Israel. Israel is one of our closest allies, and anyone picking on her is picking on us.

If they are stupid enough to attempt to attack Israel, I figure the US will unilaterally beat them down, then move on to other supporting neighbors, since they aided and abedded. If you ask me, this is a really good way to solidify our presence in the Middle East. We now have a reason for this long, drawn out crappy war. The reason is that the US is moving to have permanent occupation there. With occupation, we'll have a military force right in the middle of the last major holdout in the world. Everywhere else has either at least a contingent of our troops stationed somewhere nearby, or an ally is there. One thing's for sure, it'll be an interesting few months ahead. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
well stated...

unilaterally beat them down

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Palestine had better well remember who pretty much handed them the reigns to power. The US played a HUGE part, if not the only part in their statehood. They would do VERY well to remember that when they start picking on Israel. Israel is one of our closest allies, and anyone picking on her is picking on us.

If they are stupid enough to attempt to attack Israel, I figure the US will unilaterally beat them down, then move on to other supporting neighbors, since they aided and abedded. If you ask me, this is a really good way to solidify our presence in the Middle East. We now have a reason for this long, drawn out crappy war. The reason is that the US is moving to have permanent occupation there. With occupation, we'll have a military force right in the middle of the last major holdout in the world. Everywhere else has either at least a contingent of our troops stationed somewhere nearby, or an ally is there. One thing's for sure, it'll be an interesting few months ahead. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

remember that jewish ppl took the original land from the palestinians. another thing, why would you olidify yourselves in the ME? Do you agree that ppl of middle east speak the same thing if they have the power? why should the hell be crimes from Israel that is not mensioned in the media clearly, but if one Israeli dies it is a big deal. Everyday there are killed children and women. search the Kana massacre that happened in Lebanon in April 1996. Why should USA spend millions of dollars on Israel while there are populations dying from hunger? Why should Israel be, boldly, the only nation in the ME that has nuclear weapons. It is the one of the worst countries having history in massacres and aggression against other countries.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Wind,

I'm afraid it all depends on your perspective of history. If you ask the Israelis, they would tell you that God told them to go wipe out the Palestinians in the Old Testament, and since they disobeyed God's direct order, they have had to suffer with the consequences. While the KJV Bible does say that, I can't use it as proof, since I wasn't there, and circumstantial evidence isn't evidence as far as I'm concerned when discussing something in an arena such as this. To me, this act of kindness would show just how forgiving a group of people can be, since despite what God Himself wanted them to do, the Israelis disobeyed because they didn't want to kill them all. What a show of mercy.

So, with all of that said, I should also say that I know that there must be several good-minded Palestinians living in Palestine. Why is it that we only see the ones that want to destroy Israel? They should know by now that that will never happen, with the US backing her. What I want to know is why aren't the sensible-thinking Palestinians the ones running the show? Why do they let a radicalist, militaristic faction run their country for them? That's just wrong, and in my humble opinion, stupid. I mean it's demeaning to the Palestinians that truly want peace, and it doesn't help their chances at peace at all. If they truly want peace, why don't they simply act like it?

To use some news-related evidence to back up what I just said, Palestinians strap bombs to themselves and go blow up busloads of innocent people. Since when should this be tolerated as a means of achieving peace? I think someone's diplomatic skills got washed out during the indoctrination. It just strikes me as funny how one state claims they want peace, and yet will so overtly act like a bunch of heathens to show the rest of the world that they aren't deserving of it. Bear in mind that I'm merely speaking of the radicalist factions that do those sorts of things, as those are the only Palestinians that seem to get any note-worthy news time.

I simply suggest that we take a step back and ask the real Palestinians to make a claim for themselves. And if it's true that all they can think about is the destruction of Israel, then I suggest that they all just go live in the Congo or something, where no one will bother them, cause the world isn't going to put up with behavior like that anymore. People should be able to coexist in an area. The Palestinians were given a state by the joint efforts of the US and Israeli governments, in collaboration with the Palestinian leadership (or so we thought); the least they could do is to show some gratitude by complying with the demands set forth at the beginning of the peace talks.

Ok, sorry for the long speel, but I just have to try and grasp this whole concept of sleeping through our lives, not paying attention to what's really going on. I don't like to choose sides, but in this one, I think Israel has a point. In the past 20 years, the only military acts I've heard of Israel taking were in response to attacks made against them by other countries that can't seem to tolerate someone different. If they can't learn tolerance, then I'm afriad that the civilized world has no use for them.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Borg
Palestinians have punished fatah for some corruption. Just search their history and ow they were brought out of their countries, just see how do they live in Lebanon as refugees. I agree with you that they have done many bad acts, including blowing innocent ppl in busses, but is it fair that they live in all this poverty? is it fair that Israel takes most of their waters and pollutes their water so they are obliged to drink from the water on the road? Is it fair that , as I heard, the Palestinian house recieves a dollar per day? Poverty and misery brings revolution, killing of ones relatives also brings revolution. Humiliations on the check points everyday and shutting them in a big cage , which no one can get out after certain our in their areas is a flame for revolution. I am sure if we were in their places we will act as hatefully as they do.. but still, killing innocent ppl is wrong. And do you know what a relative of me told me? she said that Mosheh Dayan, a former Israeli defence minister probably, said that most of the wages of these organizations are paid by Israel. If this is true, then, they are tools in the hands of Israel, which uses them as a cause to kill or for political means such as attacking palestinians for winning more votes.

As for their Old testament, its origins are nothing but falsifications of people who lived their lives by violence, trying to take the Kana'anites lands. Their God Jehova was the God of war and blood, the Kana'anites God was that of love and peace. I hope you can read books about their history and how they came and attacked the innocent ppl.
regadrs

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by vuoto
After all, it's not "POWER" unless you can get your own way. Ask any 5 year old.

I like this analogy as it demonstrates the intellectual level upon which most of this disagreement is based. "He started it" "no, he started it" etc.....

Good post vuoto

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
ohhh so the death of the palastines is beingh blamed on religion, yet again. im Glad Hamas has got in, your forgeting that hamas is not just a terrorist organisation, it does care work, charity work, because IT WANTS TO CHANGE WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PALASTINE PEOPLE

c.mon use your common sense, 60-70 years ago loads of jews are given isreal by the british,, sure if your palastinian your going to think youve been robbed , cheated of your rightful land, who cares whats in a stupid old book that no one can prove is true. religion is the worst excuse, im backing hamas all the way. how can America and uk tell hamas to stop violence when america and uk are fighting a illeagal war. the west isnt the best lets stop thinking it is. so many people on this board see hamas as bad or evil, no get your facts straight alll of us are bad and evil, britain and america in there quest to control every thing, eu trying to become a superpower, iran with nuclear technology, terrorist arnt the only bad people that kill inocent life,

i dont believe in terrorism but i see why they do it, palastine for instance doesnt have and army, so when irsreal came along who defended it, local militia wasnt good enuff. hamas sees themselfs as the defendei dont condone any loss of life but i understand perhaps its time for every1 else too

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There is no trap for Hamas. They have been given a very long rope which is near the end. It's the choice of these people to either cast of the terrorist yolk before they hang themselves or become a nation. It's only a trap because most of us know it's in their nature. However, a trap by definition does not provide an out if it's good.

Let me point out on the day of 9-11. Our enemies revealed themselves. There were those who looked on with great saddness and those who danced in the streets. I think we all know who was dancing in the streets. It's they whom will feel the tightness of the rope around their neck, or have a change of heart or nature.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join