It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viva Testosterone! The male revolution!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
What I'm saying is this: You probably don't know enough about real wealth to be able to spot a genuine rich person when you encounter one. Sort of sad, isn't it, to think that most of your images and dreams of riches are the opposite of what it means to have true financial security.

The whole world is chasing after a mirage, and stumbling over the rocks of gold ore at their feet.

Very interesting and true-absolutely.

What I find interesting is people don't know enough about the wealth of one's soul, to spot a genuine person, not a counterfeit one when they encounter one....and vice versa...sad

the wealth of love...often it is those in society wearing their relationships the same as a flashy car, chasing people as if obtaining their affection will reflect well upon them often it is a process of squandering ones own soul for the appearance of success...often through another counterfeit person

While those that truly have soul mates, needn't advertise their sexuality, virility, or "success" with attracting the opposite sex, nor are they likely to squander that which is genuine...and yet, no one understands or recognizes their true contentment and happiness with one another

what a shame

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by think2much

While those that truly have soul mates, needn't advertise their sexuality, virility, or "success" with attracting the opposite sex, nor are they likely to squander that which is genuine...and yet, no one understands or recognizes their true contentment and happiness with one another

what a shame

It's worse than that.

If it was just a case of the world not recognizing what I have, that would be okay. The problem is that so many people DENY it exists---they say that if you are happy or "rich in heart" then you are deluded and duped, and that real love doesn't exist. (there's a thread about it here on BTS!)

It's sort of like people dying of the crud, and then calling you a liar when you try to explain what penicillin is.

exasperating.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
If it was just a case of the world not recognizing what I have, that would be okay. The problem is that so many people DENY it exists

well that is what I mean precisely there. Not that you need people to recognize what you have, but that it exists. People can not see what you have to value it , to recognize it is truely what is of value in life...in love...true love...love for and with another person...you are quite rich doc...wealthy in love...and people can't/wont see it as something of real value

When it is the ONLY thing in life of real value

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Why is that people can't figure out their own problems? I mean... Even the worlds highest celebrated Psychologists aren't capable of seeing themselves for who they really are. Who does the psychologist see with their problems... An old cliche I know...

But why is that some of the best thinkers... The best problem solvers... The people who are best at knowing what others want... The people who know how to behave around certain people... The type of person who can walk into a room and instantly know how to behave (get what I'm saying? Or do I just sound messed up?)... The givers... are usually also the most screwed up? Why is that the people that can talk to a person, and help them get their lives straight, can't do it for themselves? Can a person give so much that they just snap one day and need to take? They need to become selfish just because they gave for so long?

Look in the mirror, see what your problems are, and fix them. It can't be done. Maybe it's a cruel trick played on us by God, or whoever or whatever created us... Just so we have to be dependent on someone else. Socially responsible... We can't be loners forever. Pro-create... Bond in a mental manner. Everyone has their own problems, demons, skeletons in the closet. But it takes someone else to point them out half the time. You can think you know.. Most of us do. But when it boils down to it you probably don't.

It's impossible for a person to solve their own issues and problems. Even the best problem solvers can't solve their own. I know this is a bit off topic... But I needed a place to vent. You all seem like an intelligent group of people... I was just thinking about this issue. I'm sure you have all heard it before but I brought it up anyway. Because I wish I could do it all alone. But, damn, i just can't... So I use people. Just long enough that I get fixed. Then I go back out into the real world until I need someone else. SOmeone to fix me again.

I think there are many others just like me... Takers. Probably the type of man you are describing in this thread old man.... That this is what they do. They just want something cheap... For a short time. Not a lasting relationship. Just long enough to recharge their manhood. Then they want out. So by selling a certain image, one of temporary "lust," they can have just that. A one/two month affair, just to recharge their testosterone. Shallow? hell yeah.

I know I'm rambling... Probably making myself look bad again. But I have been reflecting on myself a bit lately... Trying to figure myself out... I can't do it. So everything I said above is probably wrong... Because I can't look at myself in the mirror and figure out who I really am. Gah... I'm debating whether or not I should even post this...

What the hell... Gotta love the anonymity of the online world. You can just throw yourself out there and not worry about a thing. Because no one knows who you really are.

Viva Testosterone!!!

[edit on 13-2-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
The givers... are usually also the most screwed up? Why is that the people that can talk to a person, and help them get their lives straight, can't do it for themselves? Can a person give so much that they just snap one day and need to take? They need to become selfish just because they gave for so long?

I know this is a bit off topic... But I needed a place to vent.

Yeah well, not so off topic really... is it now?

though I'll leave this one alone Sailor for time being as I haven't gotten to Orangetom's last post and I want to first...

though I may be out of time for now-just wanted to stop in and tell you Orangetom I did see your post and I will reply to it! Soon!

oh and Sailor-nice new avatar btw!

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
I have been musing on your post above to denial.

I tend to agree with the overall premise about the attraction levels ...except that I have been with women who feel they are attractive. I have found most of them overated. Not all mind you but most. What I have also found with many of them is that they are not well integrated into many life skills outside of their attractiveness. This is what makes so many high maintenance.

Ah yes, this would be the blonde bimbo sister-in-law I have....though she did get a part time bank job, that had to turn into a full time one and support her and her son when she suddenly thought the greatest guy I've ever known for her wasn't quite "good enough" anymore...thought she could do better...was being told so by her friends...the ones that also came and moved her out of his house on a whim...

she regretted it nearly instantly...but ah...the damage done she wasn't on her own for too long, she had another engagement ring soon and live-in boyfriend...I moved her into that place...and out again myself. :shk:

She now knows the life in the fast food lane as you call it isn't as good as it seems... has a guy that is great for her now-a performer by nature...he loves to be busy-he is nearly too busy for her...she wishes he'd spend more couch time with her sometimes...but he does it all...the landscaping, the building and repairing of the broken down home, he did the interior decorating-painting and wallpaper etc...and does alot of the housecleaning...cleans the bathroom for cryin out loud!

She's got it good in him...he's younger too...it's a small town so...it may last...he's not going anywhere...and I *THINK* she is finally realizing, she is pretty as a barbie doll on the outside...but looks wont last forever-she had better keep this one...she is settling down for the first time in her life...because she might not get this lucky next time out in the FF lane...

IT is sad to see so many of these women who have bought into the womens mantras and trying to get another round of life in the fast food lane...before the biology runs out. Seems to me that the latest fad in increasing ones value in the marketplace outside of radical diets(nothing new here) is surgery..plastic surgery. It is becoming so popular that even very young women are doing it...teens even.

Ah...if only lobotomies were as easy to get as plastic surgery...yes olde man I have noticed this trend, anyone would be blind not to. It is force fed from every angle...a woman must be beautiful, perfect, her looks and sexual appeal is ALL she has going for her is the idea...even smart women buy into it because they believe the other smart women are going to outdo them by becoming platically perfected, thus to "compete for love" they must compete on the level of physical beauty

But don't think men aren't targeted as well...no...especially men born between 1948-1965 right now. They are doing botox injections and lip[osuction etc...yeah it's all about the physical appearance with the counterfeit types

Counterfeits...I'm so sick of this fast food lane counterfeit society olde man! ARGH!

You know, don't get me wrong, I can appreciate looking at someone of the opposite sex who is physically attractive...no doubt-I'm highly visual...but what truly turns me on is someone who gets to me on another level...any or all of the following...intellectual, spiritual, psychological, emotional...someone that "gets me" or can "get to" me on those levels...ah...that is most attractive...that attracts me on many levels but ultimately plays out sexually as well...

truly the brain is the sexual organ, no?

So why can't people realize that? I don't get it...honestly I truly don't...

Once again ...it is all external improvement ..the inside is still as dull as it ever was.

yeah once a bimbo always a bimbo...plastic surgery doesn't change that...

you know people can TRY to change...try until they are blue in the freakin face...but you CANNOT change who you are at the CORE...who you were born as, to be, and how you developed...you can change behaviour...you can change looks

people TRY

TRY to change their appearance...clothes, makeup, the gym, plastic surgery

TRY to change their behavior (this is often a good thing)

TRY TRY TRY

but why don't they learn to acceot the truth of things...why can't they TRY that.

Sorry, going to go off on a tangient and dinner has been delievered...one of those nights...

I'll get back to you olde man

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
so where was I...I don't know...plastic surgery to keep people in the marketplace...sad...I can't imagine wanting to be in the marketplace myself...honestly...as much as I am in hell in my marriage the idea of the "marketplace"...oh...so does not appeal to me...why would I want to bother with a counterfeit...answer is simple I don't.

I played the counterfeit role myself this weekend...considered it part of marriage therapy...went to a little CD release party...admitedly I do love music...but I went for more than the music...

I did alot of people watching too...lots of bar hag groupie types and one had recently had her breasts "done"-meaning enhanced, lest that be taken the *other* way...anyway...she wanted to show them off...and so was showing her tatoo she had on one as the excuse to expose herself...

interstingly enough, though there was talk about her, and temporary attention, she was looked down upon and I was kind of relieved to know not everyone falls for it...there was another trying to dance with the drummer...a married man...she was grinding it up pretty good and his wife was NOT appreciating it...I reminded her that her husband is truly a musician of integrity-in it for the music not the women

but there was a group of women, some a bit older in their mid to late 40's even and hanging with some in their 30's...almost as if they believed it made them seem younger by default...like the 30something girls would camoflauge the 40something women

it was funny...I do like watching people...and in it all you had these types of women just pimping themselves out with their sexuality...pole dancing at one point for attention-it was rediculous...and then you had the uptight types, the wife etc...and then you had alot of guys enjoying the atmosphere and music etc...and when I say atmosphere I mean discussing music with other guys and having conversations with women who were not pimping themselves out and were somehow getting MORE attention than the cheap counterfeits...

it was intersting that when one such women would talk to the groups of women, they flocked to her overwhelmingly so and acceppted her quickly...she validated them and gave their circle some class...credibility...but she wouldn't stay and associte with them-of course! But you'd think they'd learn something...by example...they didn't

sure they got some base attention...from the base men...2 peas in a pod...thankfully I was in good company in those who were not impressed...

however guess what I did anyway Orangtom...

well as you know from my admission earlier yesterday-I got drunk. Not difficult considering I didin't drink for about 7 years, and only had about 6 beers this past year...never more than 2 at one time...so to drink for 3 hrs or so before leaving early...welll I was smashed...

and why?

Not to socialize-I'm a pretty social person and had no problem attracting the right type of people sober, and being friends with the drummer, helped make the introductions etc...

but I did it trying to loosen up enough to connect with my date-my spouse...what a sell out I am...my spouse now thinks everything is fine, good, great...we went out...I rolled over on my morals and got drunk...we had a "good time" but really...I enjoyed the music and atmosphere...even the beer...it had nothing to do with "us" but I faked it...and the alcohol helped...

what a waste...and I regret it...but one thing I know...as I looked around that room...the marketplace...it's no place I want to be...I want to be home...by myself with my integrity...or with someone of integrity SOMEDAY but I'd not be looking soon...and not in the marketplace!

[edit on 13-2-2006 by think2much]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Viva Testosterone!!!

This thread deserves a damn bump. That's where I step up to the plate.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join