It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince of Wales tells his people not to be as fat as Americans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Seriously, this guy needs to know that the British arent copying us, its that they just want to eat more. How dare the Brits be taking the fattest country in the world title.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Actually the statistics on obesity in the US is not something to laugh about including the trend of obesity in children.

Yes we have become an over weight nation and up to 2002 about 65% percent of the adult population was obese or over weight.

I imagine the numbers up to day, specially among the children.

Mean while we blame everything but the truth is that while we get fat the miracle diet pills and pharmaceutical industries are getting fatter at our expenses so is not need for any interventions or preventions.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Its sad that a consumer society eventually kills the people who live in it. Selling and consumerism are really the root of so much human misery in a society that really has everything good a person could need.

Firstly get people to over eat, then sell them drugs to reduce overeating and lower weight.

Also sell them psychotropic drugs to help them cope with the poorer quality of their lives caused by their chemical rich, nutrient poor, diets.

If that doesn't work socialize them so that being fat is suddenly "normal" and reorganize society to accomodate such people with bigger seats wider doors bigger clothes.

If that doesn't work sell them expensive operations to cut out parts of their stomaches and leave them dietry cripples for the rest of their lives.

Even better make TV shows about how much better off the people are after having the operations but never show how much the rest of their lives are altered from it.

It certianly has created a society where self will and self restraint mean nothing, and one where enough rantiaionalizations exist so that a person doesn't have to look themselves in the mirror and vow to change their lives. They can hide from their own feelings of self loathing under yet more consumer items that created the problems in the first place.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Delta boy, what kind of crap is this?

No one should be fat! Like Americans or like anyone else!

I just have to say here, I give young Prince Harry big props. He's getting ready to join an elite bunch who will probly get sent to Iraq shortly. As a former soldier and average American, I give the young prince BIG props, for going out and doing his patriotic thing, despite his station in this life.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I agree with east coast kid, i hope that Harry becomes the next King as he is the most 'normal' Royal i have ever come across. I myself would be honoured if he was the figurehead of my nation. But lets not forget Prince Charles served in the Falklands and i am positive Prince Fillip served a tour in some conflict. It i traditional that most of the royals serve in the army, after all the queen is the highest ranking military person. Also just to note Prince William is also joining the same regiment soon also. So i give the royals two big

Back to the thread, I think it is a shame what is happening with obesity in America, but it is also happening here in the UK. I do not blame the government but the people themselves unless there is a underlying issue behind it.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The western problem is we have too much disposable income and too much variety.

As far as Prince William goes (that lucky bastard
), yest, he too is going to serve. I salute him. Good for him. He's gotten his education, now its time to put his flesh on the line. That, in fact, is way more than I can say for our spoiled American children (of our leaders). They do "humanitarian" work. But never SERVE. At least our royal cousins do.

You guys rock, limeys.

Back in the'80s the media made Prince Charles out to be some A-hole without a mission. Set against the brilliant spotlight on Diana, he looked like a complete cad. But I must say, after the Gulf War, I personally took a much different view of Prince Charles than the media tried to offer. In the run-up to the Gulf War, Charles volunteered to go fly for the Royal Air Force against iraq. But the Queen would not let him. (As someone who went, and who was all for it, that would have been very difficult not to be able to go. Like sitting the bench in college football game.) I have the highest respect for prince Charles, and I know that doesn't have anything to do with fat people or this thread, per say, at this point. I just wanted to say that. So here's to Prince Charles, for being a great man. Or at least, one I'd serve with.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
And I hope Americans try to avoid cheating on then ordering the death of their wives only to run off with the village bar hag.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
And I hope Americans try to avoid cheating on then ordering the death of their wives only to run off with the village bar hag.

Man, you know you're cool with me, but that post makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am a fitness instructor and had a client quit on me today after just three weeks because she has only lost five pounds. She didn't want a healthy program for life and a safe gradual build up in her strength and fitness. She wanted to lose 20 pounds in six weeks and then simply go back to her normal habits which she figured would maintain that lower weight. I tried to explain that it would never work that way but she has it in her head that it happens all the time. People develop a lot of weird ideas about fitness when really the answers are very very obvious and simple. Exercise a little and eat healthy (and come on, you know what's healthy) and you are 90% of the way there.

join