It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Bushie shenanigans.. I just HAD to post this article here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Most of you now I really don't like Bush too well and I don't want to start yet another partisan mud slinging thread, but I after I read this article I just had to share it with my ATS brethren..

www.capitolhillblue.com...

This really sums up for me what I've been reading from the "writing on the wall".

What do you guys all feel about this?

I really don't know much about Doug Thompson (Learning more) but I'm really getting a kick out of his work.

]

[edit on 27-1-2006 by TxSecret]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

George W. Bush, the out-of-control despot who thinks the Presidency of the United States is a license to lie at will, wage war on a whim and break the law without recrimination, put on his “I am in charge” face Thursday and, for all practical purposes, told anyone who thinks his powers should be subject to review or oversight to go screw themselves.

www.capitolhillblue.com

Give 'em hell, George. Someone has to have some cajones.

His press conference was a frightening study of a madman on a tear, an insane, power-mad tyrant who believes he is above the law and cannot be questioned. Sadly, it appears no one has the balls to questions his lunacy.

www.capitolhillblue.com

I appreciate the value of hyperbole, but really, doesn't this better describe someone like Saddam Hussein, Kim Il Jong, Hitler, or Stalin. If Bush has broken the law, he will be held accountable.

The arrogance surfaced often as he faced the press. His eyes darted from side to side, blinking rapidly – a textbook example of a maniac on the loose.

www.capitolhillblue.com

When all else fails, resort to pop-psychology.

After too many years watching this man destroy what once was a great nation, I can only conclude that Bush is insane and his insanity is protected by a brain-dead populace and a power-mad political party that can’t possibly accept the sad fact that they helped put a madman in charge of our government and have kept him there.

www.capitolhillblue.com

And don't stop with the President, diagnose everyone else who sees it all differently, too.

I could go on, but this guy is as bitter as they come and not really worth very much consideration.

[edit on 2006/1/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
All I can say is...wow. This is the most partisan piece of crap I've read since last time I picked up the New York Times.
I love how they'll quote a few words of what President Bush said, then go on for another paragraph to add in their own dribble. Here, let me try.

Ted Kennedy recently said "I care about the American people" but only the ones that support my ridiculous ideology, I want to overthrow the government so that I can gain power and money, and I killed my girlfriend.

How was that? Can I write for CapitolHillBlue now?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Oh my God...

Oh no..........

I think I wet my pants!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
This is the most partisan piece of crap I've read since
last time I picked up the New York Times.

Ditto. This looks like a very radical left version of
WorldNutDaily. Even worse. My goodness.
I wonder if those who write this junk take themselves
seriously. Think they actually believe it? GAWD!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I think a big part of it is self-righteousness. The "sticking it to the man" mentality. They see themselves as supporting a cause, so they'll make up any lie (no matter how extreme) to prove their point. I think that to them, Bush is evil, so even lying to hurt him is doing the right thing...because they're hurting him. Sort of like if you knew a guy beat his girlfriend, so you made up an excuse to hit him. Only in this case, they're wrong about Bush.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
To me the op/ed piece reads almost like a parody, especially when you look at the photo of the author with is fishing hat, bushy (whoops) beard, and scowl. I would think it's really kind of hard to write that poorly.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Herman
This is the most partisan piece of crap I've read since
last time I picked up the New York Times.

Ditto. This looks like a very radical left version of
WorldNutDaily. Even worse. My goodness.

......, and stopped trying to revive a dead Internet Right Wing whipping boy, Paul Krugman would be heralded more than Nostradamus!

As for Doug Thompson, the man has been an award winning journalist since puberty. He's also a Marine veteran of foreign wars, as I beleive to remember him being prefaced on another site. He also served as a Congressional Chief of staff and was on the Congressional Technology comittee charged with the creation of the Internet. He's also an award winning artist.
So while it fits the inability of Authoritarian "intellect" to label dissent as radical polar opposites, it is far from applicable here, regardless if you don't like beards and fishing hats.....the author has far out earned his stripes compared to his detrators on this thread, in the areas of measuring Washington leadership & policy.
That HE HAS REAL cojones in putting his word out there so definitively warrants pause & consideration for any rational thinker.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Clearly this is an example of disinformation. How could any self-respecting individual buy into this over the top version of the present administration. I for one would be perfectly happy to sit and watch TV until my number is called. Then I will docilely be led away to the internment camp.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
That HE HAS REAL cojones in putting his word out there so definitively warrants pause & consideration for any rational thinker.

Give me a break. There's nothing rational about this diatribe. It's purely emotional and a near perfect example of purple prose.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret
I really don't know much about Doug Thompson (Learning more) but I'm really getting a kick out of his work.

He says what he thinks. I've seen folks in the mainstream media shy away from him (though secretly they're cheering him on). He says things that they would never dare say out loud, let alone in print. He doesn't go by the approved narrative, that's why. And he doesn't sound like them. They're the herd and he's usually ahead of the pack.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Being a leader or having been inspired by one, we've all had at least one experience where vein popping, blood pressure spiking, damn-what-the-heck-is-up-with-coach/seargent/dad episodes where the paint blistered and you sure as hell paid laser focus attention.
That time is now, and it's more for his "peers" this style, IMO, than for the masses. If you can't identify the coward press void of all inquisitiveness and investigative integrity that has been in place since all the old school has departed, then these type of diatribes are for you.
Thompson has done some stellar observation over the years & I've followed him for a bit now.....and it HAS CUT BOTH WAYS.

top topics

join