It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore "Losing It" - Attacks Canada This time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yes, now Al Gore (self-proclaimed inventor of the internet) has turned his fire and brimstone on our neighbors to the north - Canada. Their crime? Apparently electing a more conservative government. According to Gore, the recent Canadian election was all about a conspiracy relating to the oil sands in Alberta.
In Al's disintegrating mind, there is of course no way that Canadians could have voted out the liberals up there just because they were tired of their policies and corruption scandals.

article

"The election in Canada was partly about the tar sands projects in Alberta," Gore said Wednesday while attending the Sundance Film Festival in Utah.

"And the financial interests behind the tar sands project poured a lot of money and support behind an ultra-conservative leader in order to win the election . . . and to protect their interests."

Gore believes the issue of the oilsands and the sway he contends the industry holds with Harper didn't garner news coverage during the election because "media concentration has taken a toll on democratic principles around the world, and Canada is no exception."

Al, Al, calm down before you blow out an artery or something.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think Gore has a point, but why does he care about Canada? I think it also had to do with the missel defence program that the liberals didn't want any part of.

We've seen some interesting things being said by Gore in the last 4 or 5 weeks, maybe John Titor was right about an American Civil war.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Gore should do a little reading about his topics of conversation before he spouts off, not to mention mind his own business.

I believe the majority of Canadians can think for themselves

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I agree, I think Gore has a good point too. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but Gore can 'spout' all he wants. Who are you to tell him not too? (Just curious)

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oh, yeah! He's really "losing it", isn't he? The way he voices his opinion and everything? What a nutcase! Who does he think he is, saying what he thinks? What a loose cannon, huh?

And how he "attacked Canada"!! Disgraceful! What did he say again? Let's see...

"The election in Canada was partly about the tar sands projects in Alberta"
"And the financial interests behind the tar sands project poured a lot of money and support behind an ultra-conservative leader in order to win the election . . . and to protect their interests."

Oh, no you di-ent say that!!

How dare he say that! I'm just shocked!

When I'm not busy being bored.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A cool read I just found on the subject...

ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu...

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think he's probably correct. There is usually a correlation to the biggest spender in a race and the winner.
its the oldest trick in the book. It is the fabric of our political system.

he didn't attack anyone either, jsy seemed to be stating facts

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Do all americans have absolutely no idea how our political system works
We vote governments out, not in and this was a vote against the Liberals not a vote for the Conservatives. If it was a vote for the Cons they woulda got a Majority but they didn't and have even less power then the outgoing Libs. They are both different sides of the same fiscally conservative coin anyway soo it makes very little difference to me. I just wish the seperatists didn't have the Balance of Power :sigh:

"The election in Canada was partly about the tar sands projects in Alberta"

It was Mr. Gore? Uhh huh.

"And the financial interests behind the tar sands project poured a lot of money and support behind an ultra-conservative leader in order to win the election . .

Harper may be a Social Conservative as well as Economic, but let me tell you if he tries to govern like a Social Con then he'll get thrown out on his ass faster then the last Liberal Minority government did.

I don't see this as an "attack" just more typical American Ignorance about other countries.

Also some food for thought, the average life expectancy of a Conservative Minority gov't is around 6 months

[edit on 27-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Obviously Sardion you don't understand ye' old concept of "Follow the money trail".. Maybe if you weren't so 'soaked' in your ilky partisan rankor you would understand. (Isn't that kind of 'polarity' a form of ignorance?) Just to make my position clear I'm neither Democrat nor Republican. I do however lean towards the left.

If you think Al Gore is ignorant then you hardly know the man.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by TxSecret]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
canada has wasted another 240 million on a minor govenment.we dont care what party it is we want results on the gay marriage issue and we want canada to defend hershelf from outside interests that do wish her harm.the usa people who are shouting at us are really angry at themshelf and have no one to look towards to solve there own problems.this govenment is on a short leash and may not last it term but canada is defining hershelf as a country in transition to grow with the worlds problems......

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Curious....

I wonder how Gore got hold of the list of Conservative Party donors for the 4th quarter of 2005, considering they haven't been released yet.

Or is he just taking a guess?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

"Canadians understand how elections work in Canada and understand there are these very tight restrictions around what individuals and companies can contribute to individual parties or campaigns."

The federal Elections Act limits how much money individuals, corporations and unions can donate to political parties. Individuals are allowed to give as much as $5,000 a year, while companies and unions are capped at $1,000 a year.

So much for the oil company's money being such a big factor. Al Gore is just tasting sour grapes.

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If there were only more Buddhist temples in Alberta, maybe the outcome would be different?

Gore should just regrow his beard and go back into hiding. He's nuts.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret
Obviously Sardion you don't understand ye' old concept of "Follow the money trail".. Maybe if you weren't so 'soaked' in your ilky partisan rankor you would understand. (Isn't that kind of 'polarity' a form of ignorance?) Just to make my position clear I'm neither Democrat nor Republican. I do however lean towards the left.

If you think Al Gore is ignorant then you hardly know the man.
[edit on 27-1-2006 by TxSecret]

I'm a New Democrat fyi. Al Gore is Ignorant of my Countries political system not overall(I quite like his political polcies actually), people voted for the Conservatives because they were tired of the Liberals(who are pretty much the same thing IMO).

Obviously you're yet another American who is Ignorant of our Political system.

Hurrah for the 4 party system!

Here is a good artcile on the political system of Canada. Educate yourselves.

en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by Boatphone

"Canadians understand how elections work in Canada and understand there are these very tight restrictions around what individuals and companies can contribute to individual parties or campaigns."

The federal Elections Act limits how much money individuals, corporations and unions can donate to political parties. Individuals are allowed to give as much as $5,000 a year, while companies and unions are capped at $1,000 a year.

So much for the oil company's money being such a big factor. Al Gore is just tasting sour grapes.

-- Boat

There's that too. It's funny that all my fellow lefties in Canada are not tasting sour grapes and are actually happy at the result while our counterparts in the US are screaming bloody murder, okay maybe not that but they do have some wierd ideas of how our political system is setup.

Originally posted by flukemol
canada has wasted another 240 million on a minor govenment.we dont care what party it is we want results on the gay marriage issue

Speak for yourself, people didn't vote because we're afraid the apocolypse will happen because we allow same sex couples to marry.

The Liberals got voted out because of Gomery. Without the Gomery report Quebec never would have elected any Conservatives and we would most likely be looking at yet another Liberal minority or even a majority.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Oh, yeah! He's really "losing it", isn't he? The way he voices his opinion and everything?

You're right. It is the "way" Gore voices his opinions that worries a lot of folks. Gore has a right to voice his opinions, but his vitriolic diatribes are not helping his image very much. Not that it matters, really. I guess the only way he can get any attention at all is to foam at the mouth occasionally.

I can't make heads or tails of Canadian politics, but if the Canadians elected a more conservative government, then I'm all for it. I was beginning to really worry about our historically polite, well-mannered neighbors to the north.

[edit on 2006/1/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by flukemol
we dont care what party it is we want results on the gay marriage issue

Actually, the Conservative stance on the same-sex marriage issue was the main reason they didn't get my vote.

This election was all about giving the Liberals a kick in the pants. That's the Canadian way.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
We're still just as liberal as we were this time last week as the 3 opposition parties are all leftest, the Bloq and NDP are very similiar in their policies and the Libs are centrist.

I just wish the Separatists didn't have the capability to bring down the government.... that is what pissed me off the most about this election.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret
I agree, I think Gore has a good point too. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but Gore can 'spout' all he wants. Who are you to tell him not too? (Just curious)

I am Canadian that's who, if your referring to me.

He can spout all he wants and, as such I can defend, especially when he doesn't know facts from conjecture.

Perhaps its an acute longing for an oilsand of his own
He certainly seems to enjoy "muckin around".

But in all fairness, he seems an ok guy, but he is afterall a man of some influence and in the media, and it is not right when he states information pertaining to a subject that he is not completely and factually informed on

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Obviously you're yet another American who is Ignorant of our Political system.

Please add me to that list and, I'm really sorry to have to say it, but, I'd rather read a treatise on arcane anal bleaching methods than to read about Canadian politics.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just wondering...when did Harper become ultraconservative? I mean, his stance is way more moderate than a lot of republicans. In fact, Harper was talking smack after the US refused to acknowledge that the Arctic is ours.

That's right, stay off the ice!

Al Gore, like most Democrats, don't seem to know what they're muttering about.

DE

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join