It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Rovers keep going and going!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
They were supposed to last only several months but they've lasted almost 2 years! Amazing!?

You know what's more Amazing? Both of these Rovers in two years combined have done less research than the Apollo 17 Astronauts.

Amazing!?

And anyone doubts the need for Manned Space Exploration?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hi there!

I also think they are

(a) concealing more than they are revealing

and

(b) designed for a longer period of use than we were told

Still an amazing achievement though!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm left wondering why they didn't equip the rovers with wiper blades to wipe dust off the solar panels. Of course if the folks at NASA can keep the design the same so that the dust keeps falling or blowing off the solar panels, we could have lots of robots roaming or flying about Mars one day.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The point is without a person on the ground you can't make accurate interpretations...and you lose a LOT of time.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A few more years and then the grand announcement will come that will be so earth shattering and mind-boggling people will pass out in front of their TVs.

They run on Energizer batteries.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I'm left wondering why they didn't equip the rovers with wiper blades to wipe dust off the solar panels. Of course if the folks at NASA can keep the design the same so that the dust keeps falling or blowing off the solar panels, we could have lots of robots roaming or flying about Mars one day.

Odd you should say this. About a year ago, some folks were noticing that sometimes, at the end of the day there was dust on the solar panels right before it shut down. Then in the morning, it would start up again, and in its first pictures the panels were clean.

I knew martians were very clean.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yeah - seems that for a planet with not much of an atmosphere there's an awful lot of dynamic weather there isn't there? There's more to the Rovers than meets the eye methink..........(in conspiratorial tone
)

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka.
They run on Energizer batteries.

Now if We could make a car that would last 2 years with that kind of mileage on them !

top topics

join