It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Chicagoland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
To start with. I am not prone to making up stories. I used to be in the military and was in air defense artillery, so I'm pretty sure I've seen most types of aircraft.

Tonight, from my vantage point in a suburb of Chicago, I saw the most amazing thing I've ever seen. In the southern sky at about a 45 degree angle, around 6:30, I saw a large, bright, globe shape. To describe the size, take a baseball and hold it out at arms length, that’s about how big it appeared. It seemed very far away. My first reaction was, boy that’s an awful big star. Then I thought, it’s probably a planet, but they usually say something on the news.... About the time that thought passed, the sphere, started to get smaller; as if it were moving directly away from me. Then it was out of sight. This whole process took less than a few minutes. I am amazed and stunned. I have never seen anything like it. Just amazing!

I sure hope somebody else got to see what I saw tonight.

[email protected]

[edit on 26-1-2006 by shotpak]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
A softball at arms length would eclipse 100 suns,
and your first reaction was "big star" or "planet" ?
It lasted for more than "a minute" ?
That's nuts.

My location is NNW of Chicago by 25 miles.

I wasn't outside at 6:30.

"I was amazed and stunned"
NOW we're getting somewhere.

If what you witnessed totally blew you away,like,
" I have never seen anything like it. Just amazing! "
then welcome to the club.

We're not talking about 'vague lights that kind of looked different'
but "HOLY CRAP LOOKIT THAT" type stuff.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Stuff like this:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The ball ref: I was a little carried away, but it was so large, I'm freeked. And unless something on the news shows a rocket or something that took off in that area, although it didn't look like any rocket I've ever seen, I will never be the same....ever...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Shotpack,
I have seen something similiar and it took me a while to realize it was the headlight of an aircraft facing me that was turning.Big bright light that got smaller then disappeared.Plane turning.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Damn, you're lucky. I live on the lake, 2 or so miles north of downtown, and I never see anything. I used to live in Berwyn, Cicero, and Bolingbrook though, never saw anything there either. Didn't see anything about a big sphere on FOX news though.

top topics

join