It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Proof of Anything?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Lately, I have been thinking if we ACCEPT the theories of tachyons, string theory, quarks which have never been seen by any scientist?
Then why are Grays, nde's, visions,abductions, etc being flamed to death just because an individual has not had any of these experiences but believe by blind faith or that is has HAPPENED..

mods: move if in wrong forum..[*_*]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well, I don't accept the theory of tachyons, string theory, quarks, or the like. I think it's actually rather damn confusing to tell the truth. But I'll take it as the best guesses we got. And, like a guess, I'll always be there to try to prove things to make sure of it. I'm as skeptical about these things which have not been proven time and time again as I am about reported alien abductions, clairvoyance, telekinesis, ghosts, UFO sightings, and pretty much everything on these forums.

Look at my quote, it says everything you need to know about me.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
You are so correct, as I think of alll the billions of $$ science spends on the hypothetical math theories that look like a child's drawing book and probably make as much sense.Most are such egomaniacs, it makes me nauseous.But it it is a pablum thing, the more OUT THERE a theory is, the more the public says 'feed me more.'
How old is science? a zygote compared to metaphysics, pyramid buildings=by whom?
That ol time religions is good enough for me..just replace beliefs w/ religion.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just my opinion but I think the reason so many in this country and in the West in general ridicule the paranormal yet worship Science is because of the medias interpretation of things.
The WEst controls the world. To an extent we beleive we are gods
which is why Science has replaced God in this country and elsewhere when you guys are absolutley right, alot of the new physics is simply elaborate guesswork.
But the media portrays them as near gods, and if science can't explain something, IE: God, ghosts, psychich phenomenon, demons, alien abductions and the like, well then by God, I mean us, it doesn't exist!!!

And another thing to consider, the thing with UFO's goes back fifty years to the 1950's when the governments and academia were frantically trying to come up with anything to explain what they were seeing. It was pretty obvious then and obvious now that whatever is flitting around our skies is a hell of a lot more advanced than what we have to flit around with.
It was actually embarrasing to be a superpower in the 1950's, having defeated not just Nazi Germany (Arguable the greatest military machine ever) but also Imperial Japan in a world war, and then be powerless to control your own airspace.
I think a lot of that feeling still exists to the point where those who control the media try desperately to downolay the notion of UFO's and other such "nonesense" while at the same time promoting such shows as Dark Skies and the X-files to give all an air of fictionality to it.
Pretty good plausible deniability when you think about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
There is a certain amount of mathematical correctness (albeit probably small) in the definiton of quarks, etc. As scientists make an assumption and create a mathematical function to cover it, it can be proved or disproved over time and be corrected, ammended or deleted and started again.

On the other hand... In the various areas that you feel like we should all throw out the science and buy into whole-heartedly, the advancement of proof or insight is the same as it was in the way back... Nothing concrete, nothing quasi-scientific, and nothing other than... I believe, but have no proof, but you, sir/madam, are a moron for not believing right along with me. How dare you question things that on the outward appearance are metaphyisical and deep, yet on closer inspection, are fraught with smoke and mirrors, conmen, conwomen, misconstrual, denial of evidence, no proof, and general chicanery n the name of money and fame....

Er... Pardon me... I want to believe ... But not at the cost of my soul, dignity, self respect, or reason.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by sigung86]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It was actually embarrasing to be a superpower in the 1950's, having defeated not just Nazi Germany (Arguable the greatest military machine ever) but also Imperial Japan in a world war, and then be powerless to control your own airspace.

Such an adroit post, I agree totally and no matter how many errors science makes, they are still seen as gods.
WE all came fro somewhere, but they do not know where, but are too egomaniacal to ever admit it.
The most truthful thing I have ever heard was when Einstein was on his deathbed, he being so sad about Japan he said'I regret not spending my life studying meta-physics, rather than physics'

[edit on 27-1-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Nothing concrete, nothing quasi-scientific, and nothing other than... I believe, but have no proof, but you, sir/madam, are a moron for not believing right along with me. How dare you question things that on the outward appearance are metaphyisical and deep, yet on closer inspection, are fraught with smoke and mirrors, conmen, conwomen, misconstrual, denial of evidence, no proof, and general chicanery n the name of money and fame

BRAVO, another one to add to my ignore list, Your ravings will not ever again show on my screen.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
You are so correct, as I think of alll the billions of $$ science spends on the hypothetical math theories that look like a child's drawing book and probably make as much sense.Most are such egomaniacs, it makes me nauseous.But it it is a pablum thing, the more OUT THERE a theory is, the more the public says 'feed me more.'
How old is science? a zygote compared to metaphysics, pyramid buildings=by whom?
That ol time religions is good enough for me..just replace beliefs w/ religion.

If we all did that then in the 18th century where would we be? Still riding horse and buggies with information not travelling any faster then that. As for the scientists being egomaniacs, I see you've never actually talked to any scientist as if you did then I'd doubt you'd be making that statement. Most are rather humble and religous to boot(especially the Theoretical Physists, that is the only field where actually talking about "God" doesn't make the theorist blush and stammer), I find it's the Laymen who are the arrogant egomaniacs when it comes to current scientific consensus. Of course it's not an absolute rule as I've met a few arrogant scientists and engineers but they are in the minority by far. Oh yeah High School science teachers can be pretty bad this way too.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Question everything. How true! Even the proof that we have in many scientific theories is subjective. Perhaps this "reality" we live in is all just an illusion, in which case, so is everything that exists within it. How can anything be truly proven beyond a doubt? To me, science is just as subjective as religion. There is no right way or wrong way, there are just alternate ways to think, to feel, to believe,......to be. Take out of everything as much or as little as you choose.

By the way, I think the government has done a brilliant job of convincing the greater society the UFO's and other paranormal activities do not exist. Just look at all the overwhelmingly abundant evidence to the contrary, yet still we must come to forums such as this to tell the truth. As much as we try the popular belief still follows what the government wants it to.

[edit on 27/1/06 by mytym]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I know its not exactly a new thought, but isn't it obvious that no matter how much information gets leaked, how many witnesses come forward, hell, even a UFO could land on I-75, the occupants stop at a fast food joint down the ways, stop for photos, kiss babies and then zoom back off into space. IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!!!!!!!
The media has done such a good and fabulous job of discrediting anyone and anything to do with UFO's and the paranormal in general that a serious event such as a dogfight over NYC between f-15's and an extraterrestial black triangle IN BROAD DAYLIGHT would still be ignored despite the hundreds of thousands of witnesses.
And then you'd have some hack sitting in his mothers basement, watching the Discovery Channel and declaring its all an elaborate hoax and I guarantee you more people would resppond positively to his side then would the actuall witnesses for the simple reason that people want to belong and not be outcasts.
An alien could be a guest on Oprah tommorrow morning and the vast majority of people would not beleive it.
I'm afraid that any of us left who are beleivers in the existence of a conspiracy to cover up the knowledge, dealings with and handling of an extraterrestial race will always be a vocal minority.
Also don't forget that sadly alot of cases out there are deliberately distributed around the net and elsewhere as disinformation to discredit those of us who simply want the truth.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I'm afraid that any of us left who are beleivers in the existence of a conspiracy to cover up the knowledge, dealings with and handling of an extraterrestial race will always be a vocal minority.

Amen, I have spent considerable years in this struggle, and the ufo-knowers are fighting a losing battle,the ONLY this can be all over once and for all is to have an en masse landings is all civilized countries, not get out until they have melted all the weapons for that area like The Day the Earth Stood Still is a prime example..']

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
IMHO proof exists of the existence of extraterrestials, the government just does a good job of either
A) Simply hiding the information beneath a mountain of beauracracy, or simply trusts it to only a select few or..
B) If the truth does come out (Roswell [sure its debatable but the main stroy has remained consistent enough over the years to give it credibility]. MJ-12 [again debatable, but no one can deny that a group like that exists], and the sheer number of contacts made visually and through radar by our own military over the years) it is sytematically picked apart by "experts" who revert the find to the realm of fantasy and make the whole issue a laughing stock.

I've been convinced for years that there are those working for the Intelligence Services, The Military, Industry and possibly even branches of the governemnt kept undisclosed to the American public (operating under secret funding) whose job it is to oversee this project of disinformation.
The question is why. Why continue to cloud over an issue that is of such importance to not just this nation but also to the human race in general? While I don;t beleive so much that the revelation of Alien life would cease all disputes between the nations, I do know it would put things into perspective.

I think the question that should be asked from now on is why? Why continue to spend so much energy in covering it up? What are their (Aliens) agendas? Are they benign (probably misspelled that) or not? Unfortunately I doubt any of us will ever know.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think the question that should be asked from now on is why? Why continue to spend so much energy in covering it up? What are their (Aliens) agendas? Are they benign (probably misspelled that) or not? Unfortunately I doubt any of us will ever know.

IMO, as smart as the black ops are, they are no match for the Grays, and the timing is 'ripe' for a show of their benevolence.
If they are not compassionate, we would all be gone from this planet by now..Time is short for their presence to be known to the world, religiosity will just have to accept what they see with their own eyes.
What could the people of earth do? Worldwide panic I do not see..

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
intersting, you seem to have a point.
People seem open to some things, but closed to others.
(conditioning, thats it)

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
intersting, you seem to have a point.
People seem open to some things, but closed to others.
(conditioning, thats it)

IMO, there are WAY too many 'new souls' that are content to have the basics supplied to them than to look for anything BUT the truth

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Nothing concrete, nothing quasi-scientific, and nothing other than... I believe, but have no proof, but you, sir/madam, are a moron for not believing right along with me. How dare you question things that on the outward appearance are metaphyisical and deep, yet on closer inspection, are fraught with smoke and mirrors, conmen, conwomen, misconstrual, denial of evidence, no proof, and general chicanery n the name of money and fame

BRAVO, another one to add to my ignore list, Your ravings will not ever again show on my screen.

I think if you read it again, you will see that person had the same view as you. The bolded, was where they were being sarcastic.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by trudginup]

[edit on 12-2-2006 by trudginup]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I think if you read it again, you will see that person had the same view as you. The bolded, was where they were being sarcastic.

And you will see that person is no longer appearing on my screen.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Remind me never to offend you...

I think too often people enter into a discussion of the paranormal with a firm mindset of either disproving it or refusing to listen. So many people have their minds made up already, and have never even looked into the abundant wealth of informtaion, eyewitness testimony (which is good enough to send someone to prison for the rest of their lives, but for a UFo sighting...Bah! Forget it.), scientific data (such as landing sites in France in the 60's and 70's) and of course, my favorite, military witnesses.
It frustrates me, having once been a skeptic, to see so many who simply refuse to listen to the other side when it comes to this argument. Sure, I'm not asking anyone to simply beleive everything, I'd rather they found out for themselves, but dogmatic refusal to just hear the other side is one reason why there isn't "proof" of anything..."Proof" has to fit a mindset first, before it can be beleived.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I'd rather they found out for themselves, but dogmatic refusal to just hear the other side is one reason why there isn't "proof" of anything..."Proof" has to fit a mindset first, before it can be beleived.

LOL, I do not ignore people unless it is SUCH asinine comments, I do not need in my life.
When people refuse to open their mind, thay do NOT belong in this forum, wasting bandwidth, IMO.
Anything I have ever posted in this forum had happened to me personally, yet I will still get flamed as being a liar.
My life it too short to fabricate anything, and IF one does not believe what has been in my life, then rather than flame it, put me on ignore.
Good points you have made.

Dae

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

IMO, there are WAY too many 'new souls' that are content to have the basics supplied to them than to look for anything BUT the truth

Wow, as opposed to you who is an "old soul" calling scientists egomaniacs?

And spending billions on Maths? *mind boggles*

And that dude you put on ignore? He was agreeing with you but you didnt understand how, you were told this by another poster but still want to have him/her on ignore... not nice, let alone old soul behaviour.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join