It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dean - "If we get back in power"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Did anyone else see Howard Dean on the Today Show this morning? He was sensational....sensationally stupid. He was actually making some fair statements about the President not obeying the law, then let it slip out ...."back in power". That's right, what the Democrats crave is THE POWER !!! "Give us the power". I suppose that's what all politicians want, but are politicians supposed to be that honest?

He also seems to think that the Bush admin. just doesn't want to capture Bin-Laden. Some of his statements were very bold and could come back to haunt him.

I'll tell you one thing. If we get back in power, we are going to make a real effort to go get Osama Bin Laden. We are not going to let him lollygag* around for four years after the September 11th attack. And also we are going to equip our troops with the body armor that they deserve in order to fight this war. We need to do a better job on defense than this President is doing."

*He actually said "lollyday"

So now what? Is Dean stating that the Democrats would be more aggressive in the War on Terror? Of course he makes no mention of Iraq, but he wants us to think that he's tough on defense. Ha! I doubt I believe that one.

"...Not one dime of Jack Abramoff's money ever went to any Democrat.

That quote is going to come back to haunt him. Really? Not a single dime? We'll find out soon enough I suppose. He's a real idiot to make statements like that, but then "Rooooowww!" Dean has always been one to stick his neck out there.

This is the only transcript I could find of today's show, but I'm sure more will be out by tomorrow.
source

EDIT: Found some more goodies on this if you're interested. This site (Link) has more details of the transcript of Katie "taking Dean to the woodshed".

Interviewing Howard Dean this morning, you could almost hear Katie Couric thinking: "sure, he's a fellow member of our great Democratic family. But darn it, this guy is killing us!" And thus it was that Couric gave Dean the crazy uncle treatment, hitting him with tough questions

GEEEEAAARRRGH!

[edit on 26-1-2006 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
...."back in power". That's right, what the Democrats crave is THE POWER !!!

Unlike the Republicans, huh?

You are aware, aren't you, that when one party has the majority in any of the three branches of the government, it's commonly referred to as having the 'power' in that branch. Commonly. Right now, the Republicans are in power in the government because the Senate, the House have a majority of Republican members and of course, the president is Republican.

I suppose that's what all politicians want, but are politicians supposed to be that honest?

You're complaining because he's being too honest? Ok.

He also seems to think that the Bush admin. just doesn't want to capture Bin-Laden.

I agree with him.

*He actually said "lollyday"

You're making fun of the word he used? Can you say nuclear?
Besides, he spoke of giving the troops real support instead of paying lip service to it. Yeah, what a jerk, that Dean!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Dean is the greatest spokeman the Republicans ever had.

Everytime he opens his big mouth...his party grows weaker and weaker. Like most Liberals, he wants to see his party back in power....no matter what the cost.

If it means losing the war against Islamic terror....thats the price their willing to pay. The Democratic party is gasping its last gasp.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If the Supercrats get back into power, as Dean implied in that interview, the following is going to happen:

The troops will start hunting for OBL and find him in the first week.

The Supercrats will also revisit the impeachment of Bill Clinton and lead the charge in prosecuting him. After all, "This is a headstrong President who thinks he is above the law. We don't think that is right."

A new source of energy will suddenly be developed, or Anwar will no longer be such a big deal, bankrupting the middle-east. Also, the world economy will cease to exist. "One, American jobs that will stay in America using energy independence to generate those jobs"

No spy will ever be in America, no nation will ever monitor our communications (i.e. media), spying will disappear off of the planet, all of America's military equipment will become open source. "Two, a strong national defense based on telling the truth to our citizens, our soldiers and our allies."

The Democrats' talking points will drastically change. "Three, honesty and integrity to be restored to government."

Medical science will take a nose dive, but everyone will be able to get shoddy health care. "Four, a health care system that works for everybody just like they have 36 in other countries."

The democrats will give up their base of minorities by being honest and not using racial scare tactics. People will be educated on just how wrong this policy was. "five, a strong public education system so we can have optimism and opportunity back in America."

A large number of FEC reports, media clips of Democrats saying otherwise, news papers, and memories will be lost. "Not one dime of Jack Abramoff's money ever went to any Democrat. We can show you the FEC reports."

Hammas will be asked to look into what we're up to with monitoring Al'Queda. The Legislative branch will admit its incompetence of analyzing wire tapping information and insist Hammas and Bin Laden (who was captured the first week the Dems took power) will make sure the right people are being listened to. Ward Churchill will come in occasionally on a consulting fee, as well. "We all believe that we ought to be spying on Al-Qaeda, but we don't believe you ought to spy on American citizens without some kind of third party looking at this."

They will be able to handle every situation in 360,000,000 different ways, accounting for everyone's opinion. ""He (President Bush) has made gross misjudgments in Iraq because he would not listen to General Shinseki and other military people who told him to do this differently"

Well, I think a name change is in order. These guys aren’t Democrats, they’re not even Supercrats. They are the Neo!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
@ you lot.

Howard Dean was one of the best things that ever happened to the Democrats. His campaign paved the way for a grassroots movement focusing on small donations from people instead of mass corporate fellating for cash. He brought fire and passion to his rallies and challenged the competitors to raise the level of discourse.

I believe Dean is referring to troops being pulled away from the search for OBL and sent to Iraq. Afghanistan is largely forgotten but continues to be gripped by fear and terror.

Laugh at Dean, it covers up the shame of a baseless war, a failed hunt for a terrorist mastermind, the loss of New Orleans, massive ever increasing debt, and ignorance in the face of the 4th Amendment.

Yeah man, those Democrats, egg on their faces! Let's go buy another flag!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I like Dean better than Hillary, I will never vote for her, now if Hillary makes it that I doubt it, I would gladly vote for McCain if he runs but I will never vote for Rice she is like a zombie.

And if is between Rice and Hillary I will vote libertarian.

It seems that when a political figure turns around and tells the truth about the realities of life in our nation, he is either crazy, stupid or a traitor.

I like honest people when they are voicing the truth, but when they get in power they usually follow whatever is what help them get into that power.

Bush is just a good example of it, corporate favoritism and war profiteers.

top topics

join