It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio person

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My girl has a pen pal in Ohio and said her friends dad was on tamfiul for this flu and he almost died,Now can anyone say the flu is not the brid flu?.if anyone has any input please post it..chow

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Unlikely and no way to know without a cuylture being done.

Also, it's spelled Ciao... not chow. Thought you'd want to know.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by payinblack
My girl has a pen pal in Ohio and said her friends dad was on tamfiul for this flu and he almost died,Now can anyone say the flu is not the brid flu?.if anyone has any input please post it..chow

I live in Ohio and there has been NO cases of the bird flu reported in this state, now it could have been a different strain of the flu tho.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think this is where people are going to go nuts and scream BIRD FLU anytime anyone gets sick with the common "known" flu viruses we are faced with every year.
If you researched just the common A Type Influenza you would see that thousands of people die each year from the regular type of flu. Mostly it's more lethal to the very young and very old but can and has killed average age people as well. It all depends on your immune system and how healthy one is.
Each year whenever one of us gets sick with the flu we each combat it differently most get well some don't.

Don't panic...it's not the bird flu.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Glad you answered that DDay, I try to be patient with them, I really do.

Catch the news of another mamilian being infected? Seems like H5N1 is adding more sequences to its genome. Lets see, it has the E627K since Qinghai Lake (1st time this HUMAN sequence has ever shown up in an avian virus-this allows the virus to exist in cooler respriatory climates..humans) and then in Turkey they saw the additional polymorphism that has shown a greater affinity for the human domain binding site....ah, it just goes on and on.

Hey DDay...serious now. You have been prepping for you and your loved ones....right??????

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
so how long do we have before human to human transmission begins and we see an explosive spread throughout the population? 10 years?

one year?
never?

this is not "the flu", it is practically a terminal illness that kills two-thirds of its victims. it would be nice to know if we are rapidly approaching a plague of it.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
so how long do we have before human to human transmission begins and we see an explosive spread throughout the population? 10 years?

one year?
never?
Snip...

H2H will happen when H5N1 aquires enough human sequences to transmit effectively. Only H5N1 knows when this will be, but the odds are not in our favor..ie another two humans died in Indoneasia today. H5N1 is endemic in 1/3 of the world already...this gives it ample oppurtunities to recombine with other viri that already have the needed human polymorphisms to enable effiecient H2H.

In other words start prepping now!!!!

[edit on 10-3-2006 by gman55]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Hey DDay...serious now. You have been prepping for you and your loved ones....right??????

Absolutely! Been on board with supplies for a while now. Tamiflu stocked long before the big push to even stock pile it and of course got my Collidal Silver which is like my American Express.
Tomorrow I plan to finish stocking some more water, batteries and food. It may sound nutty to some but something is coming be it a full fledge war with Iran or the Bird Flu either way making sure I have enough to get us through whichever hits first.

This baby is on the move fast 20 some odd countries in a month after literal isolation for about 5 years.
I think Mother Nature is about to give herself an enema and do some serious clearing out.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
DDAy.....you get brownie points!!!!

Have you followed Dr. Niman's site? If not get ready....he predicted that H5N1 would aquire a specific sequence from another virus that is circulating in the near mideast (Turkey region)....and "suprise" it happened.

Unfortunately the WHO just poo-pooed this feat. They STILL don't recognise recombination as a vaild explaination for viral evolution...and they (WHO) still have not released the sequences to GenBank for public examination...only 15 labs have access to the data which others including Dr. Niman could use. All these big ego's and denial from WHO is going to kill hundreds of thousands simply for the right to publish first!

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thanks Gman and I assume you have done the same in terms of preparation.

and they (WHO) still have not released the sequences to GenBank for public examination

I didn't know that part of it. Very interesting and yes to answer your question I have been following Niman this whole time. In the beginning he was doing alot of interviews and I listened to as many as I could but as of late he hasn't been doing much of those at all.
I am wondering if he is being hushed? He is an expert in viral evolution but unless the reader understands the verbage one could get lost in the techical speak.

My opinion is this. These reports are way to focused on the most lethal form of the H5N1 but as Dr. Niman reports there are many variants of this virus and it's sequencing capabilities. Other forms are deadly as well but not necessarily in birds. This doesn't mean that it cannot put a hurting on us.

I also believe this is much more wide spread than the WHO is letting on.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Thanks Gman and I assume you have done the same in terms of preparation.

and they (WHO) still have not released the sequences to GenBank for public examination

I also believe this is much more wide spread than the WHO is letting on.

Bingo.

Niman has published papers and made public anounments, one in which the WHO was forced to respond too. The Health Sec. of Italy has also publically chastised WHO for not releasing the sequences. Maybe more countries will be able to pressure the WHO for transparency.

PS Niman posts regularly on Fluwiki and curevents as well as his website
www.recombinomics.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hey Gman I just read this on the recombinmonics site.

The selection of a new pandemic vaccine candidate by the United States is not a surprise. When initial results of the first candidate vaccine was announced, it was clear that H5N1 was evolving away from that target, which was a 2004 isolate from Vietnam. The Qinghai version of H5N1 was spreading rapidly in Russia, Kazakhstan, and Mongolia, and further spread was anticipated.

However, an Indonesian strain has been selected as the next target. It is unlikely that a vaccine against an Indonesian isolate would offer significant protection for the Qinghai H5N1 strain of bird flu.

Seems like they are discovering that there are more than one lethal strain in which I don't blame the Italian's for asking the WHO to step it up.

Till now the media has downplayed this virus. This is getting very interesting. In one news article it stated that this virus will be seen here in the US in about 6 months. I think it will be sooner personally and then we will have panic on our hands.
Case in point of this orginal thread about the Ohio friend.

top topics

join