It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq's WMD Secreted in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
According to Iraq's number 2 official under Saddam Hussein, Georges Sada, dozens of shipments of chemical agents were sent to Syria in the months leading up to the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

www.nysun.com
The pilots told Mr. Sada that two Iraqi Airways Boeings were converted to cargo planes by removing the seats, Mr. Sada said. Then Special Republican Guard brigades loaded materials onto the planes, he said, including "yellow barrels with skull and crossbones on each barrel." The pilots said there was also a ground convoy of trucks.

The flights - 56 in total, Mr. Sada said - attracted little notice because they were thought to be civilian flights providing relief from Iraq to Syria, which had suffered a flood after a dam collapse in June of 2002.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I always thought it was a very real possibility that any WMD's that Iraq had previous to the invasion were sent out of the country. Saddam is a madman, but he is a very cunning madman. He knew the U.S. was coming for a while, and had plenty of time to do this.

Not that this justifies all that has happened in Iraq (if it's indeed true), but it sure put things in a different light.

Related News Links:
www.newsmax.com
www.washingtontimes.com

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
i was going to vote yes for this one, but i guess for some reason stories that go against the conpiracy theories of the "bush neocons" perpetrating the war with a bed of lies get axed from atsnn these days....a growing trend it seems.

anyway....i have said from day one that although i disagreed with the timing and the reasons for going into iraq, that i had no doubt he had the wmd (mainly because WE SOLD IT TO HIM), and most likely shipped it to syria. so this isnt really that surprising. what will be very surprising is if some proof of this surfaces.

the only part i dont get is why the administration has not tried to push this angle before. the rumors have been floating around about this since well before we actually started the war. all the major networks were reporting the rumors at the time. why didnt the government (and the UN for that matter) investigate this further at any point in the last 3 years? it wouldve gone a long way toward credibility for the war in iraq.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There was a rumor going around the mill in DC more than two years ago that Saddam had moved most all of the WMD into Syria and that they were buried in the Bakaa Valley of Lebanon. It seemed confirmed to me when the Syrian withdrawal from Lebanon stalled in the Bakaa Valley. They would have to dig up and remove the WMD back to Syria before they could continue the withdrawal.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's possible and I hope we can prove it someday, but at this point its a load of BS from a guy trying to sell a book.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yep - I saw those WMD's in Syria Myself.

And when they won't Find them yet again, I bet they will be Secretly Moved to Iran, right?

They only WMD's they are gonna find are Weapons of Mass Deception.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
i
the only part i dont get is why the administration has not tried to push this angle before. the rumors have been floating around about this since well before we actually started the war. all the major networks were reporting the rumors at the time. why didnt the government (and the UN for that matter) investigate this further at any point in the last 3 years? it wouldve gone a long way toward credibility for the war in iraq.

My opinion is that furnishing proof - via satellite imagery - would have compromised our intelligence gathering capabilites.

When you think about what we know today of satellite imagery from 20 years ago or so - the ability to read license plates and to distinguish cigarette brands from space - then today's satellite capabilities would be mind boggling to most of us.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Yep - I saw those WMD's in Syria Myself.

And when they won't Find them yet again, I bet they will be Secretly Moved to Iran, right?

They only WMD's they are gonna find are Weapons of Mass Deception.

As was previously stated, we know he had WMD's at some point, we sold them to him and he has used them in the past. Do you really think this maniac was so concerned about UN inspectors that he actually destroyed the chemical agents he had. Come on, think about it a little before throwing your blanket anti-bush statements around.

I wish we had never started all this crap as well, and I think Bush has done a horrible job, but I don't buy the idea that Saddam had nothing he wasn't suppose to have, the guy is a nutjob.

top topics

join