It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"George Bush is a Saint!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
President George W. Bush was scheduled to visit a Methodist Church outside Washington D.C. Karl Rove made a visit to the Bishop and said to him, "We've been getting a lot of bad publicity among Methodists because of Bush's position on stem cell research and the like. We'd gladly make a contribution to the church of $100,000 if during your sermon you'd say the President is a saint."
The Bishop thinks it over for a few moments and says, "The Church is in desperate need of funds and I will agree to do it."
Bush pompously shows up looking especially smug and as the sermon progresses the Bishop begins his homily: "George Bush is petty, a self-absorbed hypocrite and a nitwit. He is a liar,a cheat, and a low-intelligence weasel. He has lied about his military record and had the gall to put himself in a jet plane landing on a carrier posing before a banner stating 'Mission Accomplished.' He invaded a country for oil and money, and is using it to lie to the American people. He is the worst example of a Methodist I've ever personally known. But compared to Dick Cheney, George Bush is a saint."

mod edit: too many smilies

[edit on 26-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why in this forum? Doesn't this belong here?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I am going to have to agree with JJ here.
This is based off of an email that has been making the rounds of late which bloggers have started posting to the various websites.
Every single web posting of this story is word for word what is in the email.
There is no mention of the date, the church, the bishop's name etc.
This has hoax / joke written all over it.
It is funny though

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
God awful accurate, but a joke none the less!

My bad on two fronts: I didn't think anyone would believe it to be a real news event AND I didn't even know there was a jokes forum.....my apology on both.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
On a different note, it seems the mods disagree, as it is still in the slug-fest. This is understandable, as the jokes forum generally has inane humor. I think it's time to send a gripe/idea for a political humor forum, as political jokes can often deteriorate into slug-fest style discussion. We need political humor, Jib Jab rocks!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That is pure GOLD. It would be impossible for that to be true though, if anyone said something like that in such a blatant and public stance as that they would have had SS all over them (by SS I mean Secret Service, though take it as you see it
).

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This mob scene that has beeng going on around here, never ceases to amaze me...
all this cry-out for "our rights, our rights"... the FBI is "spying o us ...spying on us "... "The Goverment is eveilll"..."The Christian President is evillll"..."The sky is falling "...

yet ..not one of the people in this forum posting this kind of nonsense as yet to disapear??? in fact, not only they are still here, but also they keep using their typing litle finger to further spread the non-sense...

Really, who lives in a "state of fear" after all???

And, btw ..if you over-trown the Goverment, who would you have in mind to put there ??? The Great enlightend Democratic party ? Filled with gun banners , but only the peoples guns not my own"... and " Alaska oil drillers as long as it isnt Bush's idea"... and other cases of hipocricy?

Who exactly would make the perfect govermente that this country "so much needs" according to you ?

So Bush is evil and lies to people to keep them in a state of "brain washing by fear"...yet you are the ones talking about man-in-black chacing you around... yet you are the ones screaming they're spying on my phone, when the goverment could care less how many letuces your grandma asked you to buy, or if you called your mistress at lunch time....

" sad is he, who thinks himself so smart, he can't see his own stupidity"

new topics

top topics

join