It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Plan to put Nuclear Missiles on the Moon 1959 video Inc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The idea being that stocks of their nuclear asrenal wouldnt be wiped out by icbm's as even the fastest rockets would take a few days to get to the moon, giving i guess time to counter attack.

All this was planned before the Apollo missions.

video.google.com... ry

A short piece of film, that says when nuclear submarines were put the
into action and the start of the Apollo plans, killed of the moon idea.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The moon could no doubt hold massive strategic value. That pesky Outer Space treaty banned all weapons on the Moon. They didnt even go that far with orbital weapons in the Treaty only banning space based WMDs.

Non WMD space based weapons are still allowed in that treaty.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
How powerful can a weapon get until it reaches WMD status?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think that WMD would apply to any weapon that, once detonated, would inflict harm indiscriminatly. What I mean by that is that there is no threshold as WMD encompasses several fields (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, etc). Take biological weapons. You can target a town, but not individuals. The MOAB, for instance, would maybe be a mini-wmd. I guess wmd is measured by..well, the mass of destruction it causes

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGoodDoctorFunk(Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, etc)

For space-based weapons don't forget to add to that list kinetic weapons. Hurling a large mass down to earth from space could cause a great deal of damage despite the fact that it is a passive weapon ( like throwing stones instead of grenades, only on a larger scale ).

- Mike

new topics

top topics

join