It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When friends may be the enemy - DisInformation in the new age.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Way to go saying nothing of substance within 30 lines. Yes, I have seen/read enough to come to firm conclusions, like it or not - mocking me won't alter that or solidify your claims.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Have you got anything to say on the topic Lumos or are you going to continue with what could equally be considered COINTELPRO tactics like 'derailing threads which threaten to expose us'?

Let's just pretend it was someone else that wrote it to make it easier.
Like I said, if you want to discuss me, there is a thread specially for that purpose.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

AgentSmith
Regardless of my motivations, you can't change the information being put forward, nor can you deny it is true.
Nor am I trying to discourage any form of debate, please can you explain how this is the case in your opinon?

I didn't "change" nor "deny" the information, why claim otherwise? I said it's an old hat, which it is. Neither did I discourage debate, I rest my case on the absence of proof - good luck trying to dig up something to the contrary. Again, why claim this? Paint-schemes?

Where was the personal attack? Delusionary?

In turn you insinuated I'd jump off bridges if you said it was bad, i.e. that I'd do anything as long as it contradicted whatever you say. Very courteous.

Lumos
Why would you, apparently seeing no merits in "conspiracy theories" (up until a week ago, that is) spend such vast amounts of time on this site, which is explicitly dedicated to discussing exactly those? If, in your opinion, we were all loonies, wouldn't it be magnitudes more sensible to spend that time in a more worthwhile manner, somewhere else?

Care to answer that for once?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You have attacked me by implying I am some sort of Government operative.

Originally posted by Lumos

Lumos
Why would you, apparently seeing no merits in "conspiracy theories" (up until a week ago, that is) spend such vast amounts of time on this site, which is explicitly dedicated to discussing exactly those? If, in your opinion, we were all loonies, wouldn't it be magnitudes more sensible to spend that time in a more worthwhile manner, somewhere else?

Care to answer that for once?

There you go again, I'm flattered you'd rather discuss me than the topic, really I am

As I said, click on the link in the sig - I've even put in a post about how and why I got started in Conspiracy theories and why I came to this site. Just for you Lumos *hug*

But I'm sure you think my crack team of disinformationists put it together, so why bother?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Your point of how the truth becomes personal is also a very good one, you see it all the time and people that should be on the same side become divided.

Hey smith, if you've ever seen the Colbert report (with Steven Colbert) on comedy central I beileve the buzz word you're looking for is "truthiness".

which is basically his running gag on this very topic. There is no more truth just personal truthiness.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Take the Smell Test

I came across this today and thought it apropos for this discussion.

And here's what's funny: Once you've learned to detect it, that smell of conspiracy is often there even when there is no conspiracy, even when there are no black helicopters, and the space moose army isn't about to invade us. It's everywhere, in common beliefs that surround us, beliefs that aren't wacky or evil, but use a similar conspiracy-like approach all the same. Just like non-lethal viruses use the same tricks as lethal viruses to spread themselves, the tricks real conspiracy theories use aren't exclusive to them. They're too effective for other bad ideas not to adopt.

Before the internet, these tricks were less of a threat to us, because the same gatekeeping that have made traditional media so stale also made the tricks conspiracy-like theories use less effective. Good riddance to gatekeepers, but now we need to be more active in protecting ourselves against these ideas. We need to apply the conspiracy smell test to everything we're being told. And if that brand new idea you read in some blog fails part of the test, you might want to be careful.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
AgentSmith
Your entire opening thread post was exemplary --------->

You have voted AgentSmith for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

LUMOS, your tactics are relentless...
Confusion, distraction, hyptnotism...
But to most, obviously flagrant...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join