It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Just Killed Itself

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
they aren't terrorists, because they're fighting INVADERS. israel didn't exist for well over a couple hundred years, and poof it came into existence. it forced palestinians off of their land, and drove them into poverty.

if fighting against invaders is terrorism, then you demean the struggle for freedom against invaders.

next you'll say native americans had no right to resist white settlers...

Ok I'll bite.

So HAMAS is justified in deliberately targeting and killing civilians as long as it is under the umbrella of liberation? When will it be wrong for them to do this? When there are no more "invaders" left?

Nevermind that the PLO had in 1993 :

The PLO recognizes the right of the State of Israel to exist in peace and security. The PLO accepts United Nations Security Council Resolutions 242 and 338. The PLO commits itself...to a peaceful resolution of the conflict between the two sides and declares that all outstanding issues relating to permanent status will be resolved through negotiations...the PLO renounces the use of terrorism and other acts of violence and will assume responsibility over all PLO elements and personnel in order to assure their compliance, prevent violations and discipline violators..
Source

If these declarations by the leaders of the Palestinian government are renounced by a HAMAS led government, how is Israel to negotiate?

HAMAS has made it clear in the past that any treaties ect,, would just be a stepping stone along the way to the total liberation of Palestiine or in other words the destruction of the state of Israel.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If I was Bush, I would just say to Isreal, go to town and we'll clean up the leftovers. Turn that whole region into a rolling glass landscape and solve all the worlds problems in the flip of a switch.

Train

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hi all

Been wtaching this thread for a while and I must say (along with some others) that this thread has degenerated into the mudpit QuietSoul decribed. Really people, comments like "..they're born muderers liars and thieves" and the others that QS quoted achieve nothing, advance nothing and it's because of this mindset that the world is going to S*&T (sorry mods). Honestly LA_Max I have to know, you seem to have this overwhelming antipathy.....no actually lets call it for what it is, PURE HATRED for people from the ME....why??? I'm so interested in how you justify this attitude, because at the end of the day there's very little difference between you and those "wretched ME folk".

You make sweeping generalisations about people that your only contact with is TV (yes I know I just made an assumption about you, please correct me if I'm wrong....how does it feel by the way??), your outlook seems to indicate that USA is the centre of the universe and thus can never be questioned or otherwise criticised.....ok that was venting so I'll stop there, but lastly consider this have you ever been on the OTHER end of racism, seems your comfortable on your side but has anyone ever called you a thief,a muderer, a thief for no other reason than they disliked you race and/or your democratically elected govt.....I highly doubt it, but if you did and still hold your views, than obviously the maxim "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a bunch of silly words to you; and if that's the case then you are the perfect definition of...what was your word...oh yeah "subhuman"!!!

Ciao babe

KO

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
You gonna play this "IRA" card Chris?

Lets be straight here, nothing the IRA ever did comes even remotley close to the brutality of HAMAS's operations against the Jews...... Ive never seen the IRA send a suicide bomber into a crowded public place packed full of women and children.

I'll agree that the tactics used by the suicide bombers of HAMAS are routinely much more vicious than those of the IRA but comparisons can still be drawn between the two organisations.

One thing we saw with the IRA was that once they had been drawn into a political process and began a dialogue with the UK, it became harder for them to officially go back to terrorist attacks. My thinking is that there was now some form of accountability for them and consequences would follow from any actions they took. When HAMAS was just a loose cannon terrorist organisation with no official power, it could afford to carry out attacks without too much concern for the consequences. Now they are a government, what they say or do will have repercussions for the entire palestinian people in some form or another. I would hope that this fact will eventually lead them down a more moderate path.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Despite people making comments like this...

Originally posted by BigTrain
If I was Bush, I would just say to Isreal, go to town and we'll clean up the leftovers. Turn that whole region into a rolling glass landscape and solve all the worlds problems in the flip of a switch.

Train

some people ignore reality and make comments like this...

Originally posted by 27jd
I haven't seen anybody suggest we should "nuke Iran"[edit on 20-1-2006 by 27jd]

I guess it does make sense, seeing as the people who want to "nuke the ragheads" aren't connected to reality anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
Now they are a government, what they say or do will have repercussions for the entire palestinian people in some form or another. I would hope that this fact will eventually lead them down a more moderate path.

But the current Iranian government did'nt moderate their views when they got into power...in fact the power only gave them more resources to fight their Jihad against us Infidels.

You could be right, HAMAS might moderate their sick Jihad against civilians or lose European and American aid, but Ive yet to see the Palestineans make a intelligent decision.....they never miss an opportunity to screw up!

I give them 3 months before they unleash their suicide machine against Isreali civilians and at least Isreal has hard targets to go after...HAMAS can't hide anymore and thats the only ray of sunshine I see in this crappy situation.

Maximu§

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I actually cannot wait until palestine and iran get shredded into pieces. It is rather exciting and I get a sort of adrenaline rush from it. Theres nothing better than seeing a bully in the middle east get a tomahawk shoved up his ...

Train

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The Palestinians have now freely elected a terrorist 'government'.
Hamas .. who sucks all donation $$ away from educaton and
health care for it's people ... who vows to destroy Israel ....

I can't believe that the Palestinians who voted for Hamas were
unaware of the death and violence that Hamas means for them
and for everyone else in that part of the world.

This is disgusting.

And now if Hamas does anything against Israel, which it will do
because it has sworn to, then what rains down upon the heads
of the Palestinians are their own fault for putting Hamas officially
in charge.

ugh.

Hamas is what? Lol
You're against Hamas because its willing to fight over and screw Israel. This is where all those haters come from. Using the same mentality. We honestly don't care anymore about Life or Death These are our decisions
: We are still getting killed by the same people which are our enemies. So it don't matter. I would rather fight for something that exists than fight for nothing at all.... Israel is fighting for something that Never existed in there history .

[edit on 10-3-2006 by MsPalestinian08]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsPalestinian08

I would rather fight for something that exists than fight for nothing at all.... Israel is fighting for something that Never existed in there history .

Do you mean that the Palestinians are fighting over something that never existed in their history?

Israel did exist in their history and still exists today.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hamas in power is just what the radical groups in Israel wanted. It gave them the perfect excuse to mow down more Palestinians refugees with tanks and m16.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthUnificationFrontier
Hamas in power is just what the radical groups in Israel wanted. It gave them the perfect excuse to mow down more Palestinians refugees with tanks and m16.

Your and I will become friends real quick.

We Israelis love killing our cousins (for those who do not know Israelis refer to Palestinians, all Arabs for that matter, as 'our cousins' since Abraham had two male children Ismael and Isaac - It is said that Arabs came from Ismael and Jews from Isaac). We just look for an occasion to shoot and bomb the crap out of harmless children in a school bus, families in restaurants and in holiday festivals. Thats us!!!!!

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join