It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine Just Killed Itself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentleman, all that we have been speculating about in the last couple years and more recent months has took a turn for the worst.

Hamas has won the majority vote in palestine.

Go here www.msnbc.msn.com...

Isreal is now completely surrounded by people who are in power who want them dead. I see the situation over there taking a turn for the worst, with the worst case scenario almost 100% likely now.

Isreal will be attacked soon and if the world doesnt fully stand by Isreal, we will see Isreal whipped off the map just like the president of Iran wants.

This is very serious news.

Hamas in Power, VERY SERIOUS

Train

[edit on 26-1-2006 by BigTrain]

mod edit: title spelling

[edit on 26-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Any link to back up the statement?

I will say here as i said in the ATSNN thread about this. Bush wanted to spread democracy through-out the middle east, this is what you get. Have i not been hearing constantly about how america is so proud how other middle eastern nations are now taking up democracy. Although now im sure they will now be happy with this latest resolve. Bad luck i say, democracy is not perfect dont be pissy when it gives you the bad end of the stick.

[edit on 073131p://upThursday by wang]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just go to CNN.com it is the main headline.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Perhaps it was referencing this:

news.yahoo.com...

Or this one:
www.cnn.com...

We will have to see how they act, that is do they now act like leaders or terrists with different clothes.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The Palestinians have now freely elected a terrorist 'government'.
Hamas .. who sucks all donation $$ away from educaton and
health care for it's people ... who vows to destroy Israel ....

I can't believe that the Palestinians who voted for Hamas were
unaware of the death and violence that Hamas means for them
and for everyone else in that part of the world.

This is disgusting.

And now if Hamas does anything against Israel, which it will do
because it has sworn to, then what rains down upon the heads
of the Palestinians are their own fault for putting Hamas officially
in charge.

ugh.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain

Hamas has won the majority vote in palestine.

Isreal will be attacked soon and if the world doesnt fully stand by Isreal, we will see Isreal whipped off the map...

Train

Apologies for this but...

...why should we stand by Israel....she has made her bed, now let her lie in it!
I think the world should listen to the people...the people have voted, Hamas have won. Israel should accept this, and begin dialogue with Hamas, the new ELECTED leaders of the Palestinian people.

A world without Israel....would it really be that bad???

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
begin dialogue with Hamas,

There is no dialogue with Hamas. They have firmly
stated that the reason they exist is to wipe Israel
off the map.

Isreal exists. It has a right to exist. There are dozens of
muslim 'homelands'. There is only one tiny jewish 'homeland'
and they have a right to it.

If you advocate being rid of Israel to make the world a
better place, then you are blaming the victim and empowering
the bullies ... bullies who will go after all the rest of us 'infidels'
next.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Fatah was a terrorist organization also, don't forget. Hamas probably won't 'normalize' like Fatah and the PLO though. But arafat was an arch-terrorist too.

The yehudis are now in a situation where they won't even contact the Palestinian Government, which is quite odd.

Also, does this mean that Palestine and Isreal are now back at War with one another?

I mean, after all, Hamas itself is openly at war with Israel. Can't Israel now use its army in an unrestrained manner in the palestinian territories? I mean, war is war, no?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   

yes, what do you think is going to happen if someone tries to whipe israel off the map? when someone is cornered do you not think they will do anything they can to get out of it? last i heard israel had nuclear weapons....

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
THAT Nygdan is exactly right. So much for the peace process.

Hamas IS at war with Israel. Israel does have a right to
defend itself from the OFFICIAL government of the Palestinians.
Also - considering that something like 76% of the palestinians
voted and a very high majority voted for Hamas ... it looks like
almost all of the Palestinians support the war against Israel
which makes them supporters of terrorists.

So much for the 'good will' of giving up the land to the
Palestinians, eh? Now it's just a launching point for Hamas
to try to destroy Israel.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Originally posted by FlyersFan

There is no dialogue with Hamas. They have firmly
stated that the reason they exist is to wipe Israel
off the map.

Ever ask yourself why this is? Why does Israel exist? Why does the US exist? We could go on all day. It is not the fact that they exist. It is what the people in charge want that is important, ie. GWB wants war for oil. HAMAS wants part of its homeland back, Israel has so many agendas it's hard to keep up.

Isreal exists. It has a right to exist.

Just like Iraq had a right to exist without interference, just like Afghanistan had a right to exist without interference, just like any other country in the world.....

next.

I am tired of this argument. Iraq was not a threat, neither was Afghanistan, neither is Iran nor is Syria. The sooner you see that the only people who want rid of these nations is ISRAEL and the UNITED STATES.
The only bullies in the world are the US, Israel and UK.

I had to laugh when you called Israel the "victim"

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Apologies for this but...

...why should we stand by Israel....she has made her bed, now let her lie in it!
I think the world should listen to the people...the people have voted, Hamas have won. Israel should accept this, and begin dialogue with Hamas, the new ELECTED leaders of the Palestinian people.

I think that anything you have to apologize in advance for probably shouldn't be said.

Apology not accepted.

You know Ireland generated a lot of hatred and death not so long ago. What if back then people who "thought" like you decided it would just be better to wipe that troublesome little island clean?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Isn't Israel backed up by the States tho?

Plus Israel has nuclear capabilities so it would be silly to go for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Ouch thats bad news for Israel and could be bad news for peace

Could make for some interesting times. If HAMAS attacks Israel or the other way around like they have done in the past is it now a act of war since they are both ruling parties?

I dont really fear any of the Middle East countries actually wiping Israel off the map since Israel has the power to bring most of the Middle East down with her. Im more concerned with terrorist style groups like Hamas then any nation in the area.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
You know Ireland generated a lot of hatred and death not so long ago. What if back then people who "thought" like you decided it would just be better to wipe that troublesome little island clean?

Ireland is composed of people with similar ethnic ties.
Israel is about as diverse as they come.

But, anyway, yes, Bush supports democracy when it's what he wants it to be, which is why he is declining to speak to Hamas. Democracy was never hailed as perfect.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I am tired of this argument. Iraq was not a threat, neither was Afghanistan, neither is Iran nor is Syria. The sooner you see that the only people who want rid of these nations is ISRAEL and the UNITED STATES.
The only bullies in the world are the US, Israel and UK.

You must listen to alot of Air America.

Last time I checked, Hamas was strapping bombs to their chests and walking into buses, schools and restaurants.

Train

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Isn't Hamas controlled by Syria? Won't this make the Palestinians less "self governed"?

I am curious how the US will respond to this. They say the Fatah party has not yet stepped down fully (are they in opposition or working with Hamas) but President Abbas is planning a big speech tonight.

Would this be the same as if Al Qaeda won control of Iraq through free elections?

I seriously can't see anything good coming from this.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

next.

I am tired of this argument. Iraq was not a threat, neither was Afghanistan, neither is Iran nor is Syria.

Of course you are tired of this argument, since it refutes your entire "thinking" process.

It takes a sick "mind" to laugh at victims.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think it is fair to take a moment to examine Hamas at this point. They are now the legally elected representatives (or controlling power) of the so-called Palestinian peoples. Hamas is a legal political entity on the world stage, and what they say must now be taken at face value. So, that being said, here are a few highlights from the Charter of Hamas, more properly known as "The Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement":

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it."

"The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Moslem generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. "

"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors."

"After Palestine, the Zionists aspire to expand from the Nile to the Euphrates. When they will have digested the region they overtook, they will aspire to further expansion, and so on. Their plan is embodied in the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion", and their present conduct is the best proof of what we are saying."

The full document can be easily found on the web. Here is where I found it.

If I am the average Israeli citizen, even those most pro-Palestine left winger, I must now believe that the majority of Palestinians have chosen to embark upon the path of destruction against me. All the concessions, all the troop withdrawals, all the dismantled settlements - its all for naught. Hamas has truely bedeviled the Palestinian peoples. One has to wonder how can so many people be blinded by so much hate.

From this point forward, Hamas had better be very careful as to what it says. Since they are a duly-elected government, they can no longer make wild threats infused with rhetoric, and not expect there to be consequences. And since it is a self-proclaimed terrorist organization, I wonder which of them will be brave enough to step out into the light and put a face of this organization of death?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So what happens to the hundreds of millions per year in funding that the PNA receives?

About 10 million euro per month comes from the EU so will they put and end to that now that Hamas is part of the PNA?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join