It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad but true: There is NO PROOF of Aliens visiting Earth (that we have access to)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
As much as I would love to believe all of the interesting fairy tales about Roswell and the Dulce base and everything else, there still is no actual proof. Everything I've ever learned about aliens has come from text on the internet. Most of the time there isn't even proof of who is typing documents such as Project Serpo, for all we know everything on the internet could be made up by some wannabe X-Files writers. I want to believe that extraterrestrial life exists and has communicated with us, but it is a fact that normal people like you and I have no concrete evidence...no pictures, no videos, just a bunch of text that could have been written by anyone with an internet connection. Am I wrong? Please tell me I am wrong somehow...

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Diplomat]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
good point! although if u check out some of the threads, there r some links to some interesting pics with UFO's in them!! some taken from Space and all that. but still, good point.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by eoyn
good point! although if u check out some of the threads, there r some links to some interesting pics with UFO's in them!! some taken from Space and all that. but still, good point.

I have still to this day never seen a UFO picture that is undoubtedly an Alien spacecraft. I've seen lights and orbs and stuff, but never an alien spaceship...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
having personally seen a UFO sighting, I have the proof that Unindentified Flying Objects are truly out there and I trust that many others have seen the same thing.

some seem to respond to our actions hinting definite inteligence, if they are inteligently controlled craft or probes of some sort, it's reasonable that a non-earth inteligence is behind the controls of such craft.

Yes, we have no CONCRETE proof like access to debris, and dead alien bodies, we do have plenty of pictures and videos that yet have not been explained by scientist (and not given the solved stamp).

I understand it easy to lose your faith in the UFO subject, but don't lose faith yet! there are so many reports of interest out there and many of them can not be explained as a natural or a man-made phenomena.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
having personally seen a UFO sighting, I have the proof that Unindentified Flying Objects are truly out there and I trust that many others have seen the same thing.

some seem to respond to our actions hinting definite inteligence, if they are inteligently controlled craft or probes of some sort, it's reasonable that a non-earth inteligence is behind the controls of such craft.

Yes, we have no CONCRETE proof like access to debris, and dead alien bodies, we do have plenty of pictures and videos that yet have not been explained by scientist (and not given the solved stamp).

I understand it easy to lose your faith in the UFO subject, but don't lose faith yet! there are so many reports of interest out there and many of them can not be explained as a natural or a man-made phenomena.

I'm losing faith fast and I can't help it. The main source of your belief seems to be that you witnessed an unidentified flying object, but I doubt you have any idea of what that object actually was, therefore you could not conclude that it was an alien spacecraft...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
To put it simply, "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
To put it simply, "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

That is a good point. Just like the old saying "have you seen a million dollars? well then how do you know it's real?" Well my father and grandfather have seen it, and to me they are reliable sources so I would believe them that a million dollars exists. But when talking about a topic as fantastic as alien life, it isn't as easy to believe word of mouth or internet documents that little grey men are flying around abducting people. This is a subject that desperately needs concrete evidence in my opinion...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
"Am I wrong? Please tell me I am wrong somehow... " == Diplomat

I like to think that you are wrong. The strongest evidence I have to suggest you might be wrong is
SETI. But you could argue that isnt evidence, just a properly organized "scientific" search for
real evidence. Still, it shows that it is possible to search for real evidence in ways that make sense and
would have a conclusive result. Or you can spend a lot of time making "cases" for this or that. Makes
for good reading and can show off good research techniques, but the existance of other intelligent life
forms is not a legal case in a court of law. It is either a scientific reality or it is a myth.

I think I have to agree with Calvin (from Calvin an Hobbes)

""The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere is that they have not tried to contact us"

""absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". == Unplugged

Thats my favorite 0 = 0 equation. Absence of evidence is evidence of NOTHING. 0 = 0

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightwing
"Am I wrong? Please tell me I am wrong somehow... " == Diplomat

I like to think that you are wrong. The strongest evidence I have to suggest you might be wrong is
SETI. But you could argue that isnt evidence, just a properly organized "scientific" search for
real evidence. Still, it shows that it is possible to search for real evidence in ways that make sense and
would have a conclusive result. Or you can spend a lot of time making "cases" for this or that. Makes
for good reading and can show off good research techniques, but the existance of other intelligent life
forms is not a legal case in a court of law. It is either a scientific reality or it is a myth.

I think I have to agree with Calvin (from Calvin an Hobbes)

""The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere is that they have not tried to contact us"

""absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". == Unplugged

Thats my favorite 0 = 0 equation. Absence of evidence is evidence of NOTHING. 0 = 0

Well you made some nice points, but I still don't feel proven wrong. As far as SETI goes I can't say much because I do not know much about the organization, but I think I do know that they have been unsuccesful in their attempt at finding ET life...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I could not conclude they were aliens craft, never claimed they were aliens craft either if you read my post again

although you made a valid point, there are reports of inteligent UFO's out there, mine wasn't necesarilly inteligent but definitly had features that would proof it had some sophistication.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Without a doubt alien life exists! Im not going to bust out all this proof and evidence but the size of the galaxy, hell the universe, there has to be other life, billions of other life. i think i might have seen sumthin when i was younger, but i dont know.

I am just agreeing that all this 'written' stuff on the inet can easily be fabricated! that project serpo just sounds contrived to me. it does not link up with things luke dulce and all the supposed Armstrong sightings on the moon.

One thing though that sends a shiver down my spine, is the fact that NASA could be lieing to us!! I mean at the end of the day what is not to say that there are huge alien craft orbiting our planet, or based on the moon? I really do not believe the reptile theory!! haha.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I could not conclude they were aliens craft, never claimed they were aliens craft either if you read my post again

although you made a valid point, there are reports of inteligent UFO's out there, mine wasn't necesarilly inteligent but definitly had features that would proof it had some sophistication.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you claimed it was an alien craft, I was just trying to say that there was most likely no evidence that it was...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Without a doubt alien life exists! Im not going to bust out all this proof and evidence but the size of the galaxy, hell the universe, there has to be other life, billions of other life. i think i might have seen sumthin when i was younger, but i dont know.

I am just agreeing that all this 'written' stuff on the inet can easily be fabricated! that project serpo just sounds contrived to me. it does not link up with things luke dulce and all the supposed Armstrong sightings on the moon.

One thing though that sends a shiver down my spine, is the fact that NASA could be lieing to us!! I mean at the end of the day what is not to say that there are huge alien craft orbiting our planet, or based on the moon? I really do not believe the reptile theory!! haha.

I would also say that alien life exists without a doubt. This thread is about alien life visiting earth and all of the fantastic stories such as Roswell and Dulce and the rest.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Without having MULTIPLE credible officials come forward and spilling the beans we likely will never have conclusive truth since they seem to be the key to that.

What we could do however is hope that a discovery will be made that would definitly proof alien existance, this could come in the form of a citizen (not affiliated with the governments) capturing (an) alien(s) or their craft or parts there of.

but until that happens, our only hope would be disclosure form the government them selves.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Without having MULTIPLE credible officials come forward and spilling the beans we likely will never have conclusive truth since they seem to be the key to that.

What we could do however is hope that a discovery will be made that would definitly proof alien existance, this could come in the form of a citizen (not affiliated with the governments) capturing (an) alien(s) or their craft or parts there of.

but until that happens, our only hope would be disclosure form the government them selves.

I like how you use the word 'multiple' because even one major official wouldn't be enough lol. I've even had dreams that I was the one who met an alien and let him stay with me. He let me learn from him and even take videos hanging out with him. In the dream it wasn't even the popularity or the fame brought on by the experience that I liked, but the feeling of knowing I was the one to show the world...that would be really cool in my opinion...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
what beer do u think an alien would drink?

however, with the privatization of space and the coming of companies being able to launch missions into space, i think governments will not be able to hide things like this for much longer! When Nike are filming there new shoe commercial on the moon, and they see ancient buildings or passing UFO's, i think somebody will blow the lid! Imagine what that would do for there sales!!! Then the truth will have to come out!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   

what beer do u think an alien would drink?

however, with the privatization of space and the coming of companies being able to launch missions into space, i think governments will not be able to hide things like this for much longer! When Nike are filming there new shoe commercial on the moon, and they see ancient buildings or passing UFO's, i think somebody will blow the lid! Imagine what that would do for there sales!!! Then the truth will have to come out!

First of all, I would probably have my little grey friend drinking becks or corona. Anyways, you are right about privatization. How soon this will become the norm is the question...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It all depends on what you consider proof.

Would photos, video, radar and eyewitness testimony be enough "proof" to convict you in court? You better believe it happens all the time.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
It all depends on what you consider proof.

Would photos, video, radar and eyewitness testimony be enough "proof" to convict you in court? You better believe it happens all the time.

Only photos and videos I've ever seen were balls of light in the sky or maybe what might have been a military craft. I don't think something like that would be sufficient evidence in a court of law but I might be wrong...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Oh theres better video and photos then just balls of light.

Maybe check out the infamous 1991 Mexico City UFO event. A daytime event so now balls of light in the sky. It was flimed by more then one person 17 to be exact and eyewitnessed by thousands. Some type of silvery disc shaped object.

Zoomed in picture of a frame of the video
www.timestar.org...
This picture isnt that great though I found it fast you really have to see the video.

Other good videos are the NASA flimed STS-48 video. You can see a unidentified object being fired at and evading the attack.

Here are some of the better pictures
ufocasebook.com...

But there is so many more.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join