It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus protected 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey guys i was not sure if this was the correct section for this thread but here goes. I just read the book "The prophecies of Nostradamus" by Erika Cheetham printed in 1979 and i come across the is little nugget:

"An explosion in the center of the city of new york making the land tremble,or could tour here mean towers or skyscrapers ? The two
great rocks are the immutable great powers who will eventuallyopen war. Ingenious commentators interpret Arethusa as coming from Ares, God of war,and the U.S.A The new river is presumably
blood see X. 49."

on page 63

Now remeber this book was printed in 1979 !.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I read before this that he made such a prediction, but I don't think he made it that implicit as to say "New York". It may not be Nostradamus's original wording, although the date makes it look pretty impressive.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
that's an interpretation of a quatrain, not a real quatrain.

The tough thing with Michelle is that he wrote in several langauages, and often was intentionally obtuse to prevent his being burned at the stake, so you can interpret hsi writings in any way that suits you

Penn gillette puts it best to the nostradamus believers. he challenges them to use a quatrain to identify an event BEFORE it happens, not after.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Actually, when Nostradamus was still alive their was an instance where his prophecies were figured out before they happened. The incident involved the accidental death of the French King. The King himself knew of the prophesy and tried hard to avoid it. Nonetheless he died anyway just like Nostradamus said.

Nostradamus used vision techniques. So for example if he had a vision of war-planes shooting at eachother, he described them as beasts... he did not understand what a plane was. Keep in mind that the prophesies must be interpreted loosely because it is not like he knew what a skyscraper was when he saw one in his vision.

One of the most interesting Nostradamus predictions were those reffering to WWII, and the rise of what he called "Hisler", which could very well be "Hitler" misspelled.

I imagine that his visions were a combination of auditory and optical hallucinations.

On another note, if you have ever seen the movie "Paycheck" then you would probably agree with me that seeing the future would probably not be a good thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
good point about the "old lion", and hitler used his prophecies as propaganda, dropping leaflets from planes (I think)

I was really into it 10 years ago, and I still kinda have my eyes open for MABUS, but I don't think saddam is him....

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
hold on a second, protected or predicted? come on now, how can you confuse the spelling of protected versus predicted? unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Anyone red the book called The Nostradamus Code?

It was recently published. It talks about the predictions Nostradamus made for the years 2005-2012. He's predicted most of what we're going through now & what we will be going through in the future.

I haven't read it. Just wondering if anyone here has....or what everyone thinks about it.

www.nostradamusonline.com...

[edit on 28-2-2006 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

join