It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future of russia defense industry?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

"FYI the only Russian equipment the US of A has ever faced, has been at the hands of incompetent middle-eastern/North African countries"

The Vietnamese showed fairly convinvingly what can be done with Russian kit.

mod edit: Please use quote tags to quote the person you are quoting

[edit on 13-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazyD

Send your people to its death, and ultimate destruction of your country?

The only thing that is keeping Russia considered a powerhouse is its natural resources, and its nuclear arsenal. Other then that, I see nothing else.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by LazyD]

So if your country is so advanced why dont you tell me who is helping your astronauts to reach ISS? What the little poor Russians
. Now tell me who is going to build a base on moon first? What again the low tecknologicaly advanced Russians
??

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian Boy
Now tell me who is going to build a base on moon first? What again the low tecknologicaly advanced Russians
??

You're implying the Russians are going to build a moon base, LMAO, that's almost as funny as the Nazi's building a moon base, except, the Nazi myth is more believable

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Russians have the scientists and natural resources to do it. They only lack in money. Russian space tech is still cutting edge.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsd
Not being nationalistic, I'm being factual.

There is absolutely nothing factual about your claims about Russian technology and applications of it. Feel free to bring some of these so called facts to my attention as i normally find them to be much less than fact if not pure speculation.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Now tell me who is going to build a base on moon first? What again the low tecknologicaly advanced Russians
??

You're implying the Russians are going to build a moon base, LMAO, that's almost as funny as the Nazi's building a moon base, except, the Nazi myth is more believable

Maybe he means that the first base on the moon may not have an "America only" label. Besides that I can't see what he's geting at..

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Well its their plan. also they pla to send men to mars in 2015. some crazy projects that might work. People have already started training for it

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Well its their plan. also they pla to send men to mars in 2015. some crazy projects that might work. People have already started training for it

that's interesting seeing as they could barely come up for the cash to build their part of the ISS. They haven't even been to the moon yet, where would they get expertise for a mission to MArs by 2015, which less than 9 years away.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Kindly stick with the posted topic and stop the pointless flag waving no mater what side of the argument you are on.

Thank You

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You are really out of date. Here let me update you a little bit .

Russia to open moonbase mine
January 26, 2006

Moon ... the Russians may soon be going lunar / file RUSSIA is planning to mine a rare fuel on the moon by 2020 with a permanent base and a heavy-cargo transport link, a Russian space official says.

"We are planning to build a permanent base on the moon by 2015 and by 2020 we can begin the industrial-scale delivery ... of the rare isotope Helium-3," Nikolai Sevastyanov, head of the Energia space corporation, was quoted by ITAR-TASS news agency as saying at an academic conference.
The International Space Station (ISS) would play a key role in the project and a regular transport relay to the moon would be established with the help of the planned Clipper spaceship and the Parom, a space capsule intended to tug heavy cargo containers around space, Mr Sevastyanov said.

Helium-3 is a non-radioactive isotope of helium that can be used in nuclear fusion.

Advertisement:
Rare on earth but plentiful on the moon, it is seen by some experts as an ideal fuel because it is powerful, non-polluting and generates almost no radioactive by-product. "http://i1.tinypic.com/n1cok3.jpg" alt="Image hosting by TinyPic">

www.news.com

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

that's interesting seeing as they could barely come up for the cash to build their part of the ISS. They haven't even been to the moon yet, where would they get expertise for a mission to MArs by 2015, which less than 9 years away.

As long as for the ISS, 80% of it is built by russian technology and money

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Maybe he means that the first base on the moon may not have an "America only" label. Besides that I can't see what he's geting at..

Come on do you really believe you put a man on moon
No really

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

As long as for the ISS, 80% of it is built by russian technology and money

ROFLMAO, absolutely total bollocks. As I said the Russians could barely afford the mosule that they were supposed to mkae and they were well behind schedule with that.

Stop kidding yourself, although your posts are making me laugh alot, nothing like a bit of humour

Come on do you really believe you put a man on moon No really

gawd, and you call yourself informed, lol. What's even funnier is that you expect us all to believe Russia is going to have a moon mine in 2015. Hell, they can barely mine the resources they hvae in their own country let alone the moon.

Russian Boy, are you a comedian ?

[edit on 1-2-2006 by mad scientist]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This is too funny. Due to laggy conditions I voted mad scientist for way above by mistake!..

the irony!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Come on do you really believe you put a man on moon
No really

"I" didn't put anyone one the moon, and if you're refering to my country, I'm from India, not the US.
The comcalities of this thread.

My first ever way above vote went .... by mistake!!

congrats mad sci!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

gawd, and you call yourself informed, lol. What's even funnier is that you expect us all to believe Russia is going to have a moon mine in 2015. Hell, they can barely mine the resources they hvae in their own country let alone the moon.

Russian Boy, are you a comedian ?

[edit on 1-2-2006 by mad scientist]

Yeah Yeah I know truth is unberable
no matter how hush it is
but this is the reallity and you better believe it cause it will be easier to accept it later when the time comes. Here let me help you a little bit with that , open google and have a look on the subject .

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Demographics = Destination.

Russia has a declining population (crashing really), a lousy climate, poor living conditions, a GDP smaller than Californian and a per capita GDP (much) smaller than West Virginia. Sure Russia has lots of natural resources, but what good are they if there’s no one to make use of them or they’re just being shipped out as raw materials.

Hate America all you want, but it’s still the preferred destination for the smart and ambitious. The only way they kept smart, ambitious people in the USSR was by building a wall around it.

The following compares the US to the EU, but it will give you some idea as to how the US compares to Russia.

America will also be noticeably younger then and ethnically more varied. At the moment, its median age is roughly the same as Europe's (36 against 38). By 2050, according to Bill Frey of the Brookings Institution, a think-tank, America's median age will still be around 36, but Europe's will have risen to 53 (and China's will be 44). In the 1990s, America took in the largest number of immigrants it had ever seen in one decade: 33m people now living in the country were born outside it, and Latinos have become the largest ethnic group. “America,” says Hania Zlotnik of the United Nations Population Division, “is the world's great demographic outlier.”

Then there is the technology gap. Each year, more patents are applied for in America than in the European Union. America has almost three times as many Nobel prize-winners than the next country (Britain), and spends more on research and development than any other country. On one measure of academic performance, over 90 of the world's top 100 universities are in America.

Europe and America have also been diverging economically, though one should be cautious about that. In the seven years from 1995 to 2001, real GDP rose by 3.3% a year in America but by only 2.5% a year in the European Union. The bursting of the stockmarket bubble and the subsequent recession reversed this pattern—in 2001, GDP growth was higher in Europe than America—but the gap opened up again as the economies recovered. On current estimates and forecasts, growth in America in the three years to 2004 will average 1.3 percentage points a year more than in the 12-country euro area. Some 60% of the world's economic growth since 1995 has come from America.

These relative economic gains may be reversed. It is hard to see how the country can sustain both its huge trade and budget deficits. On the other hand, its growth in the 1990s reflected a big improvement in productivity, which rose by over 2% a year in the 1990s. The number of hours worked also rose. In 1982, Europeans and Americans put in roughly the same number of hours each year. Now, Americans work a daunting 300 hours a year more.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

that's interesting seeing as they could barely come up for the cash to build their part of the ISS.

I dont really trust Russia because of stuff like that. They made a big stink about ponying up the promised cash for the ISS and all the while are constructing multi-billion dollar structures like the one under Yamantau Mountain to do god knows what awaying from the prying eyes of the world.

I have doubts if they are really as broke as they some time make it out to seem.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Maybe true ElTiante but first we live to see .

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
well this forum is basically US western dominated forum so its quite common for Russia to get criticized but for years I havent found a single reliable answer to the 3 of my questions ....if you really believe me I dont want a debate...i want a discussion from fellow american friends for understanding each other better

1 If US is so well developed then why inspite of all those so called "successful" NASA projects the americans have to depend on "age old "Russian rockets to send their men to ISS........but at last the question remains why Russian rockets.if you are so improved ..i remember that some americans even admitted that russian rockets are more reliable than US ones ... I would like to know your honest views

2 If Russia is such a crap country as some of you think what makes you all CARE and criticize of any of the positive developments of Russian military ? shall i call it haterd, anger , greed what ? I am sure you wont care to criticize such a military development of India /China /korea with such enthuciasm ...some time i get the feeling that americans inspite of being the citizens of the most powerful country always suffer from a sense of insecurity ....please let me know your(i mean the american ) views about it ..

you call russia a poor economy ...while you call India and China to be rising economies .....but still basically India and China are third world countries with GDP per capita four times and two times less than that of Russia....any one who have been to the 3 countries can tell you the hell and heaven difference ....please justify yourself ........

as far as defense is concerned Russia is still regarded as the second largest defense spender of the world by most of the defense analysts after USA a few of them put Russia in third position ...irrespective of the fact of wether she is second or third as far as defense is concerned how do you justify yourselves in calling Russia a poor defense spender ?

sorry for the bad english ...its not generally used in Russia

[edit on 6-2-2006 by prelude]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join