It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Dream Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am looking for people who have the same experiences with dreams as I do.

When I dream it is if I am entirely conscous. I am aware of the situations I am in. I am aware of the choices I am confronted with. I can can see, think, feel, and act just as if I were awake.

I know I am in a dream, that I am actually lying in bed asleep. Everyone I have talked to says that thier dreams are like a movie played before them. Or, that they are viewing from thier eyes but are unable to make choices, think or act.

I don't know if I just have a heigtened mental state during my sleep that allows me to actually control what goes on.

Also, I am curious if anybody can control what dreams they have. I don't mean control what they are doing in the dream, but think about it before they sleep and dream about it.

Going a step further, can anyone change what they dream? Such as, you are dreaming you are some kind of prisoner to some madman. Then, as soon as you wish it, find yourself in some exotic place where everyone serves you. It has to be a situation where you intentionally change the dream, not sparatically changes.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I believe you are referring to lucid dreams. I, like many people have them too, and yes, I am able to change my dream if I'm in a situation I don't fancy. When I do it, it is not some exotic place where everyone serves you but just another location and set of circumstances. I call it phasing and can do it at will without restriction.

As far as thinking about something before I go to sleep and then dreaming about it, that would be nice and I have read that someone else has posted on this site that they are able to do this, but alas, I am yet to achieve this.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
When it comes to my experiences I have full choice over what I do in the realm that I am in.Although I cannot manipulate these places.In dire need I can wake up.A few times I've been aware that they are dreams.

In most of my dreams/planeswalking experiences(which occur almost every night),it is as if I have exsisted in these places my whole life going along with whatever is happening at the time.I never dream about everyday things either which is strange.Its usually very strange erie and dangerous!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have had a variety of dreams but probably need to get more sleep to start remembering them. I've had many lucid dreams where I realized I was dreaming and changed things. I don't remember too many of my dreams lately probably because I haven't been sleeping as much as I once did. It can be fun if you are super powerful in your regular dreams.

Example of one lucid dream I had. I was watching a war between two species in space that spanned different star systems. I was watching the main battle in one particular star system. For some reason I observed something that made me angry at one species. Apparently I was lucid and angry because I decided to wipe that species out of existence. I went back in time and destroyed that species before they had a chance to exist. Then I observed a different time line unfold and the species I left became a peaceful species instead of fighting it out all the time with the other species. Note: Most of my lucid dreams are here on Earth.

I imagine a regular dream is one where you aren't altering what is happening and it's like watching a thriller movie with you in the action. A lucid dream IMO is one where you know you can alter the reality of the dream and usually do so in some manner.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A lucid dream dream can take you one step closer to an OBE. All you have to do is look at your hands and sit up. Sometimes if your dreaming that you are in a building and you become luciid try to make it to the top floor. The next door you go through might have a supprise in store for you.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That you remember and are 'a part' of your dreams ... that is a GREAT thing. My very best advice to you is to journal your dreams. Date them too. Then go back and read them later.

Are there any people or things in your dreams that seem more 'real' than the rest of the dream? Anything in particular stand out in them, or a particular feeling you have when you wake up?

You can train yourself to have some cntrol over your dreams - look up lucid dreaming. And thinking about it before you sleep can sometimes work.

new topics

top topics

join