It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever see it snow in summer?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
After experiencing that storm in Idaho on July 8 nothing would surprise me. After thinking about it I remembered a strange storm in Southern California in the summer of 74. I was attending a college near Ontario, California. I heard a lot of commotion outside my apartment door and went outside to look. The ground was covered with hail and it just kept coming down. A transformer blew up at the end of the building and scared the **** out of me. There must have been 6 inches on the ground in a matter of minutes. It was probably in the 80's outside and it melted within minutes. Everyone talked about it for days. Weird stuff.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yeah I remember years ago here in tennessee in the middlle of summer a weird hail storm just came out of nowhere covered everything in the biggest hail ive ever seen then just stopped. Personally I think all this crazy weather is the unchecked use of HAARP. I mean its the middle of winter and ive been walking around in tshirts and shorts.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I
I was trapped in blizzard on July the 8th in the early 80,s. I was in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. The day before it was in the upper 70's.

I know what you mean it was July 8th 1986 I was playing Softball at CJ Strike dam that day and went up by Feather and it was a blizzard by 3pm that afternoon, I live in Montana now, and of course I've seen it snow in the summer months probably more then a few times. But nothing compares to that day in Idaho in 1986.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GM Historian
In the UK a cricket match was once called off because of snow, in JUNE! However I believe it has snowed in August in the UK.

June 2nd 1975 (which was also one of the warmest and driest summers on record). No doubt if it happened today it'd be clamed on HAARP or Chemtrails....

Most reports of summer snowfall are actually soft hail - which can fall in convective storms even in very in warm temperatures and, especially in the immediate aftermath of the storm, does look very much like snow, even forming small drifts. Technically, of course, rain starts off as snow, but melts before it reaches the ground...

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I can top all of you. We had hail in Honolulu. Twice.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Ok so we have established the weather has got to be out of whack, now can anyone explain why? Personaly I think man is to blame[opinion] especially things like HAARP.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yep.

1982. Snowed on the Fourth of July parade.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Once again why? I still cant find a naturally occuring reason for it.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

In the UK a cricket match was once called off because of snow, in JUNE! However I believe it has snowed in August in the UK.

Most reports of summer snowfall are actually soft hail - which can fall in convective storms even in very in warm temperatures and, especially in the immediate aftermath of the storm, does look very much like snow, even forming small drifts. Technically, of course, rain starts off as snow, but melts before it reaches the ground...

There is hail and there are snow pellets. Two different weather events with different origins. And not all rain starts out as snow. Some start out as rain and stays that way.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54

Originally posted by Essan

There is hail and there are snow pellets. Two different weather events with different origins. And not all rain starts out as snow. Some start out as rain and stays that way.

read my original post The DJ even said it was snow in fact I remember him saying that was what the meteorologist from the local tv network reported to them.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by SoLaR513]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hi SoLaR

Only had it once that I can recall - would have been 79 in Wales. My brother and I had gone for a climbing weekend. It was a Friday night in June - we were in my old Minivan for the night, as the wind collapsed our tent and broke our tentpole! The van was shaking side to side in the wind and rain, and then it started to snow. Carried on for quite a few hours, and in the morning the tops of the peaks had a covering of white. We weren't parked at a high altitude either - just 300m or so above sea level. I have experienced lots of hailstorms in summer though over the years, and they can look just like snow, but a bit faster if you know what I mean!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You know maldives01, you recalled that with great detail, I could almost see the tents and all. That got me to thinking. I hadnt thought about my experience in years and then from an off hand refference I suddenly remembered it all like it happened yesterday,infact, when I questioned my family members and what not they all had the sme reaction and complete clarity or total recal if you will. The point I think Im getting at here is that from what Ive read HAARP is supposedly capable of altering minds. Like mass brainwashing and all that. So lets review that day, It was 105, the middle of first recorded draught, it snowed, there were blackouts all over the state, and a sort of mental blocking. These are all things asociated with HAARP!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Interesting angle on HAARP there! Quite possibly - never thought of it before, but now you mention it - could be! Not in regard to my recollection of that weekend in Wales- it was a real action packed one, with lots of memorable things happening! You know, the sort of thing you and your bro would talk about in years to come over a beer..........
It wasn't just the snow I remember. But that is a v interesting point you have raised there SoLaR

[edit on 2-2-2006 by maldives01]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join