It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Picture.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Photo of Fiery Object Mystifies Scientists

Why does the Concorde ignniting its fuel dump sound like such a bad idea to me?

[Edited on 10-13-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Testrun
It look's like a high altitude cloud, the picture was taken late in the evening when the sun was setting. It's just late evening light reflecting off the cloud.

I totally agree as I actually saw it I think, I live on the wirral wich over looks wales and saw something I thought was a meteor or fire in the sky, on closer inspection I saw it was the sun hidden by cloud breaking through. it was there far to long to be a meteor or jet burning off fuel. It happens alot over wales. strange land. they speak welsh I hear..
Dan Price ahem

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Looks like something made reentry to the atmosphere then went back out...more likely a comet or meteor or soemthing of that nature.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I agree with the meteor explanation... too big for a chem trail. However, it could be jesus re-entering the atmosphere from his cosmic journey. Anyone found a full reso pic?

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
this is the third or forth time this was posted

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
When fifteen year old Jonathan Burnett went out with his camera a few days ago, he thought he'd just get some snaps of his friends skateboarding.
Then one of them spotted something in the sky - and Jonathan's quick reactions got him this picture.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I must say the picture looked better on the TV the orange flame was very bright the colours seem subdued in this image.

Still,what do you think??

Again i have to say i lived very close to where this was fiomed but missed it! Porbably because i was on ATS! Damnations!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Could of been a spacecraft re-entering the earth's atmosphere

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
ya i also think it is something in re entry to earth.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it's big(obviously).

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's a contrail. Under exceptional circumstances they appear like this. There's a webpage with several of these on, but I don't have a link.

It does look strange, but it is just a trick of the light.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Before I looked at the picture I was a large object entering the atmosphere and burning up. It still may be, but after looking at the picture I am not so sure. Could be anything. Very interesting.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The same one seen from a different angle. It looks less strange seen from 10 miles away.

Here's a different one, in the US.

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Extra credit points for anyone who can tell me what the second picture I posted shows!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Extra credit points for anyone who can tell me what the second picture I posted shows!

A really big firework? No....I mean REALLY big?

No? I thought perhaps the remnants of a shuttle or rocket launch? I dunno.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well done, sir!

The picture is of the trail left by the launch of the Space Shuttle Atlantis on May 19, 2000, from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

I love bizzare optical tricks. I saw a perfect sun-dog once, I'll never forget it.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Well done, sir!

The picture is of the trail left by the launch of the Space Shuttle Atlantis on May 19, 2000, from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

I love bizzare optical tricks. I saw a perfect sun-dog once, I'll never forget it.

Yee-Ha!

What do I get? What do I get?

It's a pretty cool picture. I've never seen a launch in the flesh - one of life's ambitions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join