It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Picture.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
When fifteen year old Jonathan Burnett went out with his camera a few days ago, he thought he'd just get some snaps of his friends skateboarding.
Then one of them spotted something in the sky - and Jonathan's quick reactions got him this picture.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I must say the picture looked better on the TV the orange flame was very bright the colours seem subdued in this image.

Still,what do you think??

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Looks like a chem trail to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If it is, that's one helluva chemtrail. It looks like it's maybe something on reentry, or something like that. Chemtrail is unlikely, I'm thinking, simply because of it's color.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Depends on what they were spraying that day

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Wow, that looks pretty awesome. Looks like a ship in reentry into the earths atmosphere just a thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   
On TV it is better detail.The orangey red is firey.There was more contrast too.

It's definately not a hoax.The kid was on TV and he seemed quite bemused that anybody would be interested in it.

An RAF pilot has E-mailed saying that it's a fuel dump.I think that sounds right.Looks a bit dangerous though like a napalm attack.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Could be a meteor... there have been a lot of those lately.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   
could be a meteor

definately something burning up in the atmosphere though

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Reminds me of the November 16 1998 video by Jim DeVoy of Port Charlotte, Florida. He videotaped what appeared to be a large fireball shooting across the sky. A few seconds later, a really fast moving white streak shot across the sky perhaps in pursuit of this large fireball. People claim that one of the objects in the video was the mysterious "aurora" vehicle.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
wow certainly looks cool. ive seen that vid you are on about that one also is fun to watch

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I'd have to go with the re-entry burn theory on that one. If it was an aircraft dumping fuel (as they suggest on the site) what would cause it to ignite?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My first impression was that it is a meteor (bollide) however I will not argue with an expert who feels it is a fuel dump.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Definatly weird....hmmm

I would have to say maybe it was one of the British Space mission vehicles re entering the atmosphere. Although it could very well be a meteor...or a space craft of unknown origins

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah. It looks like a meteor entering the earths atmosphere. It could very well be a space vericle re entering(or entering for the first time) the atmosphere aslo yes. Defiantly something entering the earths atmosphere. Dont know about the fuel dump theory... why would it illuminate the sky like that? If it's ignited, I don't know what would have ignited it (like UniversalFiction said)

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I also concur that it appears to be a meteor. I actually read on a couple ather sites it WAS a meteor, but, they were US news sites, so, go figure. They always lie anyways.

How about that cross..... I don't see no cross in that photo. I think the religious nuts are taking things a bit far on that one.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Nasa sez it's a meteor.

Later, he e-mailed the picture to Nasa asking for an explanation and was amazed to discover that the space experts were so impressed with his snap they had published it on their website.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
it definetely aint a fuel dump i've seen one and it doesnt look like that it doesnt even look like a meteor either because the shape of it but im unsure

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It look's like a high altitude cloud, the picture was taken late in the evening when the sun was setting. It's just late evening light reflecting off the cloud.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There is some disagreement over whether it is a meteor or whether it is contrail being illuminated by the sun.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   

this looks cool

[Edited on 6-10-2003 by Russian]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join