It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian GDP Grew 6% in 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
And here is why Russia's GDP grew in 05

Take a look at the stories below, Russia is suppling the 3rd world with all types of weapons and military systems and her GDP reflects the transactions.

I feel this is State sponsored terrorism by sales of arms to terrorists, plain and simple. Stop the flow of arms from Russia and you stop the spread of terrorism.

Russia Is World’s Second Largest Arms Exporter

"Quote"

www.mosnews.com...

The U.S. Congressional Research Service published the results of an annual study of conventional arms transfers which showed that in 2004 Russia became the world’s second largest exporter of arms to developing countries. The figures in the report are widely considered the most authoritative of their kind made available publicly.

Indonesia to Buy 12 Russian Submarines

"quote"

First Admiral Abdul Malik Yusuf, the chief spokesman for the Indonesian Navy was quoted by RIA-Novosti news agency as saying combat submarines were strategic armaments allowing the country to maintain security in its territorial waters

www.mosnews.com...

Thailand Agrees to Buy Russian Fighter Jets in $500M Deal

"quote"

www.mosnews.com...

The government of Thailand has agreed to a secret $500 million deal to buy Russian fighter jets and helicopters for the Royal Thai Air Force, the Bangkok Post reported citing Russian news agencies on Monday.

Iran May Buy Russian Surface-to-Air Missile Complex

"quote"

www.mosnews.com...

Iran and Russia have prepared and approved an agreement project on the purchase of the Russian surface-to-air missile complex Pechora-2A in the second half of 2006.

Russian Arms Exports Up 15-fold in Last 3 Years

"quote"

www.mosnews.com...

The volumes of exports by Russian military industrial complex have increased by 15 times over the last three years, state arms export agency Rosoboronexport reported on the eve of MILIPOL Paris-2005 exhibition set to open in French capital on Tuesday, Nov. 22.

"quote"

www.mosnews.com...

On Tuesday, Jan. 24, the head of Russia’s Federal Statistics Service Vladimir Sokolin announced that the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) grew by six percent in 2005. This is in line with forecasts made over the course of the year by various international agencies and government experts.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
I feel this is State sponsored terrorism by sales of arms to terrorists, plain and simple. Stop the flow of arms from Russia and you stop the spread of terrorism.

I agree that Russia should not be supplying weapons to some nations like Syria and Iran but they are not the only ones that need to stop this type of behavior.

Right now the US is selling weaponry to countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia

Conventional Arms Transfers to Developing Nations, 1997-2004 (PDF)

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think you'll find the biggest arms exporter in the world is (and has been for decades) the USA.
(Is it only when it's the other guy that it's wrong?)

Anyhoo; 2 things.

Firstly much as I can see the Russians are shifting more arms they have always been a large scale arms seller so I doubt very much if their economic performance is solely down to those exports (whilst I agree they are not insignificant I think you'll find that they are a fairly small % of the total Russian economic activity).

Secondly - without churlishly knocking Russia - when one is starting from a low base large % rises are easier to accomplish ........and my God has the Russian economy been low in recent years.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here is that tiny image Ace posted in a larger format

Russia became the world’s second largest exporter of arms to developing countries.

And who's first hmm? Hehe sminkeypinkey beat me to it
Hypocrits.

How do you plan on stopping this? Declaring war on Russia
Good luck.

Right now the US is selling weaponry to countries like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia

That's gotta stop too. Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are rather large incubators of Al Queda.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

join