It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do People Deny The Governments Lies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why do people deny that the Governments lie? My view:

1) Blind Faith - Thats both in the religious and the political ideological sense. The religious angle in politics is undeniable, what with people such as Bush playing the God Card for re-election. They know how to pull your strings, and they pull them as they need to.
2) Fear - Fear of terrorists, fear of communists, fear of whatever. The vast majority of people are afraid of things they will never ever try to comprehend, and as such, look to the Government of their nation for protection. Perfect example: Iraq and the support the US citizens gave to the invasion of it because they believed Saddam was bosum buddies with Osama and his crew.
3) Ignorance/Apathy The average man on the street doesnt always actually care about politics. Why? Because its easier for them to just nod and carry on with life the way the Government sets things out for them. Its also easier to just agree rather than find out the truth. Therefore, they don't know any better than what their Leaders tell them. And as they so often don't know any better, they soon lose the ability to question what the official line is.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Most people are sheep, lemmings and cattle. The truth is just too difficult to conceive of for them. To believe the truth would be to realize a responsibility to do something about it, and that might be inconvenient. The sad truth is that most people prefer a comfortable slavery to a difficult freedom. Unfortunately, no slavery ever stays comfortable for long. Once the shackles are on, then the whip comes out.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Lies from the government is one thing, but forgiving them when they're busted usually indicates some personal benefit from those lies.

Man is mostly selfish, dishonest and all those other things some complain the gov. is so it's much easier for them to support an "authority" that will support how they make their money, like the war machine, detention centers, medical research that just makes basic health care too expencive for the poor blah, blah, blah... the one that you should all be ashamed of is sex offending teachers that can't be fired but can't teach so get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do nothing while you're told there isn't enough money to educate your kids....admit it, you all really love Government lies because they make it legal for you to literally 'steal candy from a baby'.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
You know, lately watching the news, I began to realise, that Canadian news never bothers talking much about our government... yet the whole TV network is full of information about the latest screw up from the American side of the border in regards to politics.

I thought at first, that perhaps this may be because not many decisions are being made in Canada... until of course I tune into CPAC.

I realise now that we no longer watch our own government because of the way it is structured. All decisions regarding the country are created in parliment, ratified by parliment, and amended by parliment... and are watched nationally on TV for christs sake. Thats not only about 125 people (half of parliment) who have to agree with the bill... but the civilian populous is overseeing the process aswell. Our canadian government really cant get away with anything (aside from the last money scandal... but that had nothing to do with politics).

And theres the point... if a government runs smoothly without ****ups, it becomes boring, and nobody cares.

On top of that, we as Canadians seem to have had a hidden desire to see the Americans screw up. So when the US government makes another mistake, we tend to watch more. I dont know of one Canadian who actually believes the lies the US government is dishing out... thats probably because, as was said before, we are not as religious as the US... we dont have the fear of other countries on our doorstep... and Canadians are simply not complacant about what happens around us... this is because we know that if theres something we see that we dont want... we can do something about it. We as Canadians have quite a bit of control over our government.

Recently though, I've gone from wanting the US to screw up... to worrying about the people down there. The US government is taking obvious steps to turning the country into a marshall controlled state, and their people arent doing anything about it.

Maybe its time to follow the rest of the free worlds advice, and adopt a parlimentary government.

Either way, once this is over, I can guarantee the people of the US wont allow the government to have this much power over its country again.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The problem is we've gone from a society of people who had total control over their lives, (which meant they had to build there own house and grow their own food etc. but at least they were free)...To a society totally reliant on government to provide you with what you need.

People nowadays don't know any different, government has always been in control for them, so the thought of living without a government seems impossible. People actually are convinced government is necessary, no matter how bad it is. The worst government in the world is better than no government at all, or so we're conditioned to believe.

So to question government is to question the hand that feeds, and there we get the fear factor. People don't know how to live without government, we have no idea how to be self reliant anymore.

If there was no government, wouldn't there be chaos
Everybody running round, setting petrol bombs off?
And who would clean the sewers? Who'd mend my television?
Wouldn't people lay about without some supervision? Crass

We are conditioned in school to believe that an authority figure knows better, is always in the right, should not be questioned. When you grow up and you hear what you've always been taught contradicted, and by who? A buddy, an internet site? (They will not believe it until a person in authority tells them, ironic huh?) They don't want there nice safe view of the Wold destroyed
because it would mean they might have to do something about it.

Most people act on their emotions rather than their intellect, those in power know this, that's why we have all the pomp and ceremony surrounding anything in power. "Fill the nation with patriotism and they'll never question our motives".

So to sum up...Fear distraction and denial...

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The truth is politicians lie all of the time. Ever notice that they never come out hard on any issues and never seem to even show up at all until election time rolls around. Then they can't do enough for the good citizens. And most Americans, let's face it, don't even care. People are all caught up in paying the mortgage, the car payments, the credit cards, trying to raise kids and the like. If you work ten hours a day odds are you aren't putting much thought into current politics. At least not on any meaningful level. The system keeps you a slave to the dollar. You spend your best days working, away from your family, just to make money in order to buy a bunch of crap that you really don't need to begin with. The best part is that you stay just above broke so that you are perpetually working to keep your head above water. It's all a vicious cycle. By and large the government wants it's people to be constantly afraid for one reason or another and as dependant on their help and protection as possible. I would say that the average person in society has no real clue as to what is really happening, totally oblivious to the severity of the state of disrepair that our country is falling into. They vote blindly based on inherited religious belief or they vote by party loyalty. Most probably can't even tell you the basic differences between the two major parties, yet they turn out to vote for a candidate they know nothing about simply to hold the party lines. And the worst part is the apathy, most people don't even care. As long as they are safe, can pay their bills, have a roof over their head, food on the table, and a membership to Blockbuster they don't really care what happens around them. If the politicians can keep the citizens blind folded and destracted, then they have the keys to the castle. How else can you explain the gigantic defecit that the U.S. has created for itself over the last couple of years. It is a clear case of politicians gone mad with greed and corruption, gambling away our future as a country. People need to wake up.

"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, 'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" [Dosteovsky's 'Grand Inquisitor']

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker
What I want to know is why cant a lot of people admit to a lot of the governments lies. People always say how politictians lie a lot but them pretty much believe anything that they say. Kinda like Groom Lake (a.k.a Area 51) and how they try to duplicate U.F.O.'s other projects they do there. But them a lot of people dismiss this and believe the governmnt when they say that it is "only" a military base and are not doing the thing that they are doing. And people deny that "Big Brother" exist and they say they would never watch us (I'm not saying they're watch us but they are capable of doing so).

The government is capable of tracking where we drive via GPS devices, to track our Internet use, and track our credit card use, and monitor our phone calls (that is if your vehicle has GPS, you have the internet and/or a phone and/or a credit card). But people deny they would do these things.

Is it because people have just been dumbed down to believe everything the government tells them? And they also lie through the news and the media. And people assume what they hear on the news is all true an that they get all the facts but they don't. I think that a lot of people just trust the government to much and will believe everthing they say. Maybe people think that they are in controll of everything that they do and by admitting that can track what they do they will be admitting that they are not 100% in control. The reason that I do NOT believe everything the government says is because I do not totaly trust them.

A lot of people will also deny the possiblity of stuff like the possible existents of the Illuminati and NWO, and the possiblity of hurricane Katrina being manufactured.

I'm not saying everyone is like this, 'cause a lot of people aren't, but there are a lot that are. The government has convinced a lot of people to believe a lot of the stuff they say even if it is not true.When you let the government do your thinking for you then chances are you arn't going to know the whole truth. When ya believe the lies the government tell it's kinda like they're giving you the proverbial wool cap and we are just pulling the wool over our own eyes. I prefer not to wear a hat.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

they deny it simply because they are afraid. as has been said before most people just have trouble coming to that conclusion. not because they don't belive it. but because they are to afraid to belive it. most people trust there goverment. remember how let down you were when you found out santa wasn't real (i dont
) amplify that 100 times and then we get some picture of what they must feel. but yes i agree it is also blind faith. as has been said before.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Ligeia]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker
What I want to know is why cant a lot of people admit to a lot of the governments lies.

People admit that all the time, most all people lie at least once. It is human nature, humans are not perfect. I think everyone knows this...

-- Boat

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's not so much that they deny it, I think it comes more down to the fact that the majority of citizens feel that if the government DID lie, there is nothing they can do about it, so why worry about it to begin with?

We like to believe that the primary purpose of ANY government is to secure the safety of it's people. We, for the most part, are safe, so we, don't question the government.

Simple as that.

They do their job, we continue being ignorant to the plethora of abuses committed daily on our behalf in the "Best interest of the people".

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Do you think that there is someone in the government who is monitoring what you are doing right now?

Yeah Howard, I think that this post is going straight to the NSA just after I post it...

I'm not sure about your posts though man, I mean you could be posting from the government for all we know about you.

I'm just a little peon so they will take a while to do a 'mugging' on guys like me.

They will never come for you though Howard, I'm sure of that because you defend what the government says most of the time ( or is it all of the time I don't know), unlike people like me who questions most of what the government says.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Double Speak and Mind Control

Go here to read about Double Speak and Mind Control.

The Government uses it all the time.

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Okay...some people here may or may not know this, but mind control has many many different techniques.

Politicians, do another form of mind control too, that some people are oblivious to, although I'm not one of those naive people. It's called double-speak. They say one thing, leaving out small details that lead you to assume that they're heading in one direction, while in reality, they've left themselves open for "wiggle-room".

[edit on 12-4-2006 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
people want to feel like they have a "big brother" protecting them. well speaking from my perspective, i think sometimes the little brother needs to take care of the big brother. the big brother may lie to the little 1 because the little 1 might tell on the big 1 for something he may have done.

do you understand what im saying?

the government lies to us, to keep us from knowing stuff that could get them in trouble with... anyone of interest at that moment.
they keep us in the dark and tell us lies to confuse us. IRONICALLY, they tell us lies SO WE WILL CONTINUE TO TRUST THEM.

i say f*ck that!
dont believe a single word you ever hear from ANY politician, ANY represenative, ANY single person that you see on tv speaking for ANY branch of the government.

they are playing the american puppets, excuse me, i mean public.
open your eyes people please.
if not for us, then there wouldnt be a "them".

i am NOT saying to revolt or anything of that nature, just dont be sheep. be free thinkers.

QUESTION EVERYTHING

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
Well, it's always been like that ever since i was a real young kid it was always "why would the govenment do this"? And "The government has no reason" etc etc etc. But we basically are ignourant and we do what is the best thing. So if we hated the government it would cross alot of lines, and our business would cease. But in the end it's always look out for number one. Will things ever get better in this country? Don't bet on it, if there was a really huge scandal the people wouldn't do jack crap. We are also brain-washed and nothing will get better. But one thing that bothers me is the fact that other government's have been known for corruption and scandal, but we can't seem to understand our's isn't perfect either.

I personally believe the peak of people not trusting the government was after the RMS lusitania incident and innocent lives were taken all for political gain. People say the government won't lie to you and such but that incident proves they would do it again and they have (9/11, moon landing, pearl harbor, Global Warming, H1N1, etc.)

they believe we are expendable. I just love the clowns that believe our government wouldn't hurt us. I just LOL!

[edit on 15-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
Why do people deny that the Governments lie? My view:

1) Blind Faith - Thats both in the religious and the political ideological sense. The religious angle in politics is undeniable, what with people such as Bush playing the God Card for re-election. They know how to pull your strings, and they pull them as they need to.
2) Fear - Fear of terrorists, fear of communists, fear of whatever. The vast majority of people are afraid of things they will never ever try to comprehend, and as such, look to the Government of their nation for protection. Perfect example: Iraq and the support the US citizens gave to the invasion of it because they believed Saddam was bosum buddies with Osama and his crew.
3) Ignorance/Apathy The average man on the street doesnt always actually care about politics. Why? Because its easier for them to just nod and carry on with life the way the Government sets things out for them. Its also easier to just agree rather than find out the truth. Therefore, they don't know any better than what their Leaders tell them. And as they so often don't know any better, they soon lose the ability to question what the official line is.

2 and 3. Especially 2. They want to think the government is a big lovable panda. Until they realize a panda is a wild animal that will maul and kill you if it feels threatened/afraid or becomes aggressive(ie in cases of territory).

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I prefer my standing on this issue. Everything is a lie unless I see it with my own eyes, than it might not be a lie and I will have to do some investigation to prove it was not.

I am not paranoid, just wary.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
gah I posted on this already! I need sleep!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
And what about the people who blindly think everything is a conspiracy, no matter how unplausible or impossible some thing are?

A few of those types have been caught out repeatedly here on ATS....like the hundred or so people that beleived (and flagged the thread) the Blossom Goodchild event

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think most people are afraid to think the government would do anything to hurt or do anything to disrupt country,every day I hear I'm crazy because I believe the government would do or have done things detrimental to US citizens,just mention soldiers and they trip out,the thought of us sending our sons to fight for oil or drugs ,a lynch mob will form,hate to say it people but when the push comes to shoving majority of US will bend over with no resistance IMO

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Because it would rip their life in half. People like to think they're being told the truth, that everything will be okay, even if it wont. It lets them get on with their lives in peace.

If they admitted the government wasn't always truthful and that things aren't always as they seem it would make them scared. It makes ME scared. Because you don't know what's happening, not knowing what's happening unnerves people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join