Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why Do People Deny The Governments Lies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What I want to know is why cant a lot of people admit to a lot of the governments lies. People always say how politictians lie a lot but them pretty much believe anything that they say. Kinda like Groom Lake (a.k.a Area 51) and how they try to duplicate U.F.O.'s other projects they do there. But them a lot of people dismiss this and believe the governmnt when they say that it is "only" a military base and are not doing the thing that they are doing. And people deny that "Big Brother" exist and they say they would never watch us (I'm not saying they're watch us but they are capable of doing so).

The government is capable of tracking where we drive via GPS devices, to track our Internet use, and track our credit card use, and monitor our phone calls (that is if your vehicle has GPS, you have the internet and/or a phone and/or a credit card). But people deny they would do these things.

Is it because people have just been dumbed down to believe everything the government tells them? And they also lie through the news and the media. And people assume what they hear on the news is all true an that they get all the facts but they don't. I think that a lot of people just trust the government to much and will believe everthing they say. Maybe people think that they are in controll of everything that they do and by admitting that can track what they do they will be admitting that they are not 100% in control. The reason that I do NOT believe everything the government says is because I do not totaly trust them.

A lot of people will also deny the possiblity of stuff like the possible existents of the Illuminati and NWO, and the possiblity of hurricane Katrina being manufactured.

I'm not saying everyone is like this, 'cause a lot of people aren't, but there are a lot that are. The government has convinced a lot of people to believe a lot of the stuff they say even if it is not true.When you let the government do your thinking for you then chances are you arn't going to know the whole truth. When ya believe the lies the government tell it's kinda like they're giving you the proverbial wool cap and we are just pulling the wool over our own eyes. I prefer not to wear a hat.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Do you think that there is someone in the government who is monitoring what you are doing right now?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Probably not. But it is possible that they could or have.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What amazes me isn't so much the people who believe the Government 100% of the time. I would simply call that piousness. What amazes me is the people who rock back on their heels and scream when they catch the government in a lie, when they never believed the government told the truth to begin with!

"They lied!! They...LIIIIIEEEEDD!"

I just call it The Nature Of The Beast. I don't need to know every single aspect of every single government operation. Do the words "Too much information" still mean anything?

I still don't believe there is Alien Technology at Area 51. Does that mean the Government owes me a tour of that facility? Of course not! Is there Top Secret work performed there? I'm sure there is! However, at one point or another, You have to ask yourself "Does The New York Times really need to know this?" So often, the answer is a resounding NO.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker

The government is capable of tracking where we drive via GPS devices, to track our Internet use, and track our credit card use, and monitor our phone calls (that is if your vehicle has GPS, you have the internet and/or a phone and/or a credit card). But people deny they would do these things.

I thought they already do this...

news.bbc.co.uk...
www.cnn.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.informationweek.com...

And Google is fighting the good fight. Give your applause to Google...they refuse to give away their email data (on their customers) to the government to look around their personal information.

Although, since it is a court battle...against the government, they'll probably be set in line and forced to join Microsoft, AOL, MSN, and Yahoo in the email data give-a-way....

oy.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, it's always been like that ever since i was a real young kid it was always "why would the govenment do this"? And "The government has no reason" etc etc etc. But we basically are ignourant and we do what is the best thing. So if we hated the government it would cross alot of lines, and our business would cease. But in the end it's always look out for number one. Will things ever get better in this country? Don't bet on it, if there was a really huge scandal the people wouldn't do jack crap. We are also brain-washed and nothing will get better. But one thing that bothers me is the fact that other government's have been known for corruption and scandal, but we can't seem to understand our's isn't perfect either.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Its easy to believe the government. Humans are naturally pack animals, and we follow a leader. This makes it easier to shirk our own responsibilities regarding our day to day lives. Most people want the easiest life they can have, and it is very easy to live with blinkers on. It is not so easy to question the person who is leading you.

Many of the things that governments do are not quite ethical, and they ensure that the public is kept in the dark about these things. If these things don't stop Joe Bloggs putting food on the table, Joe won't give a sh1t about them and will find it easy to accept the governments lies.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Toelint sez:
What amazes me isn't so much the people who believe the Government 100% of the time. I would simply call that piousness. What amazes me is the people who rock back on their heels and scream when they catch the government in a lie, when they never believed the government told the truth to begin with!

This is as close to saying nothing as I can possibly imagine. They rock back on their heels and scream when they catch the government in a lie so that maybe those who do believe the government will catch on as well. Do you not understand the reasoning behind this? It shouldn't amaze you.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by bigpappadiaz]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
When you are taking a test alot of times your first instinct is right. So you know what my first instict is saying. Fear!!!!! If the military can listen and basically do what ever their little hearts desire, who is to say the all (you know what) breaks out and the ones that have done nothing agianst their will and have done everything they have asked would be safe. And all that have rode their tail end to find out everything that has been going on secretly gets the raw end of the deal. I dont know about you but I will stand up for everything this country was founded on and pray that God has mercy on my soul the day all (you know what) breaks out. And you know whats the scariest part of it all is, we are watching this crumble right before our very eyes.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
my brother is like that and i know a few other people who beleive what they hear on the news and they think the govermnet never lies. My brother and i argue about it all the time. But he absolutly refuses to look at any ufo/alien information pictures movies. i got a couple dvds on the 911 stuff about how that the us goverment was invloved he refuses to watch them or even read a single paragraph i give him. its funny too when i try to tell him about stuff he just cranks up his music or pretends im not even there. i did get him to see about 2 mins of a ufo special on history channel he just sat there repeating BS BS over and over. he the type who is never ever wrong so he talks crap to me and says im nuts. but there are too many people out there like this. i bet if an alien bit him in the ASS he would still would refuse to beleive the government lies and covers up stuff.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigpappadiaz

Toelint sez:

This is as close to saying nothing as I can possibly imagine. They rock back on their heels and scream when they catch the government in a lie so that maybe those who do believe the government will catch on as well. Do you not understand the reasoning behind this? It shouldn't amaze you.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by bigpappadiaz]

I understand perfectly well their reasoning! These are people who "cop a buzz" on fear and chaos. Haven't you noticed how many times these same twits rock back and scream "Scandalous!! Scandalous!!" when the government story feeds their agenda? Look at the Jack Abramoff scandal. Can anybody keep a straight face and call that whole story "a pack of Government Lies and a Conspiracy??

You see, there's the catch. If the government story corraborates these peoples contempt for government, it must be truth, even when it's from a government source! Why is that?

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Because they can't lie all the time. Even they know when they've been caught and sometimes they just have to roll with it. But will these same screamers of "scandalous" believe the whole story is being told? NOOOO, because it's probably not.

The government lies and conspiracizes, so who cares if somebody's acting like a twit because of it? They'd probably be twits anyways, and I'd rather them be informed twits than ignorant twits. Those make me even madder

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here's a paradox I have noticed.
Those that constantly defend the Government claim to be critical thinkers.
Yes, critical of those that don't adhere to their particular ideology and if you don't worship the same authority figures they do; you are labeled unpatriotic or wacko.

However on a personal level if they are lied to, they are always wary of that individual that lied to them. Strange how the "powerful" are given
Slack that ordinary people don't seem to deserve.

I prefer to ere on the side of caution and always "Question Authority"

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigpappadiaz
Because they can't lie all the time. Even they know when they've been caught and sometimes they just have to roll with it. But will these same screamers of "scandalous" believe the whole story is being told? NOOOO, because it's probably not.

The government lies and conspiracizes, so who cares if somebody's acting like a twit because of it? They'd probably be twits anyways, and I'd rather them be informed twits than ignorant twits. Those make me even madder

So, according to your first paragraph, the government is only capable of telling the truth when it makes them look worse? As far as getting the whole story, you're right there. The public will NEVER get the whole story, but then again who needs it? I was bored stiff after the first three weeks of the O.J. trial. (Ask me how much of THAT I kept in my head.) Now imagine watching four hours per day of the Abramoff scandal. or the Enron scandal. Imagine dragging either of THEM out for a few months (or in Enrons case, years.) NO THANK YOU.

As for the government lieing and conspirizing, I accept there are those in government who's job it is to cover their bosses tracks how ever possible. I also said earlier, that's just the nature of the beast. We blindly install these people to positions of power to get certain jobs done, and then wonder WHY THE HELL they do the things they do.

Did you ask for a dissertation on how Kerry or Bush planned to follow through on ANY of their election promises before you punched your ballot card? Of course not! Neither did I. We BOTH voted for the guy we thought reflected our beliefs and made the biggest promises.

You can't whine because these guys are lieing and conspirizing to fullfill a promise YOU AND I both know got them elected!

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, since you asked, i beleive its a lot easier to NOT beleive in anything and be in denial, than it is to spend every waking moment worrying about the lies and whats to come next.

No one i know, with a few exceptions, cares about anything but work, dinner on the table and vacations. For these people, as long as they get their basics, everything is good.

They dont give the government a second thought, they dont care if they lie, they dont care about anything as long as their little world is not affected.

You all know who i mean. Total denial on their part. Not just government but UFO's, and other conspiracies out there.

Really, they are happier and less depressed than we are.

To those people,
, nothing short of4 horses showing up at their door, and mounted on them; Bush, Rice, Rumsfeld and Cheney with pitchforks would change their minds or make them think.

C'est la vie in denial.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Toelint:
So, according to your first paragraph, the government is only capable of telling the truth when it makes them look worse?

WOW!

What I said:
Because they can't lie all the time. Even they know when they've been caught and sometimes they just have to roll with it.

I'll let that soak in just a little bit... Any further explanation necessary?!?
Please Thomas.... just let me say it....

Toelint:
The public will NEVER get the whole story, but then again who needs it? I was bored stiff after the first three weeks of the O.J. trial. (Ask me how much of THAT I kept in my head.) Now imagine watching four hours per day of the Abramoff scandal. or the Enron scandal. Imagine dragging either of THEM out for a few months (or in Enrons case, years.) NO THANK YOU.

And this is why they draw the cases out for as long as possible, because they know the majority of people are like you, and won't give a damn after a nice long period of time. I mean, a major U.S. city didn't recieve aid for the longest time not too long back, and so obviously deliberately, but does anybody care anymore? A lot of people died because of it.

Toeliiiiint:
You can't whine because these guys are lieing and conspirizing to fullfill a promise YOU AND I both know got them elected!

Here's the shocker! They don't give a damn about the promises they made and probably never plan on fulfilling them! I'll wait a second while you attempt to repair your shattered reality.... Maybe they're trying to look like they are, but they don't give a damn. They lie and conspirasize for any number of reasons except fulfill a promise, those they go through the proper channels with.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by bigpappadiaz]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
LOL My reality is very much intact, thanks.

Did I say crooked politicians don't exist? Nooohh....I don't think so...but you distinctly said that politicians only tell the truth when they're caught in a lie, which means they pretty much lie all the time. Okay, let's run with that.

I can assume from that statement, that when Democrats talk about Republicans (and visa versa), they're also lieing, except that they're telling the truth about the other side lieing...except that they're lieing...because they never tell the truth...

Now, look at the hole you dug!!

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInf
Its easy to believe the government. Humans are naturally pack animals, and we follow a leader. This makes it easier to shirk our own responsibilities regarding our day to day lives. Most people want the easiest life they can have, and it is very easy to live with blinkers on. It is not so easy to question the person who is leading you.

Many of the things that governments do are not quite ethical, and they ensure that the public is kept in the dark about these things. If these things don't stop Joe Bloggs putting food on the table, Joe won't give a sh1t about them and will find it easy to accept the governments lies.

I agree with Paddy here....
It is just easier for many to "follow the leader" so to speak.
At least that is my opinion.....

Faeryland

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Faeryland]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint

What amazes me so much is the people that think EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. I don't believe the government on everything just like I don't believe the people on here that claim the government is behind all these conspiracies.
I seriously doubt that the government, or any sort of pseudo shadow government, could possibly be competant enough to run half of the things I hear on the internet. I've seen the government in action enough times to know and understand "slow moving and inefficient bureaucracy" when I see one and I know what that type of animal is capable of and what it isn't. Some of the things that are attributed to the government on here are such hogwash I can't believe people buy in to it.
So why am I even reading these boards? There are things I am interested in like aliens, bigfoot, history of religion, ancient civilizations, etc. and there is some great info on these boards.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
People are fools and blindly follow their leaders who they like to think have good intentions. People simply could not handle the horrible dark truth so they'd rather believe a sugar coated lie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join