It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texans are superior to all

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Considering that, over the years, many people from Michigan have gone to Texas to work and live, I can see that Texas has "improved" it's standing greatly. People from Michigan have brought Texas increased manufacturing and technological "know-how" and have brought Texas "up" to a much higher standard than they would have otherwise been at.

Yeah, I like Texas. They are a great people. Thankfully, the influx of folks from Michigan have contributed to making Texas an even greater place.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Lysergic -- ODESSA????

Ye gods.

I lived in Big Spring about 25 years ago. How 'bout them dust storms? I currently live in Dallas (well, Garland) where there ain't no dust storms, thank the gods!

We did a tour through West Texas last year (Big Spring, Odessa, Monahans, El Paso, Pecos, Del Rio, etc...) Love the place, but I'm happy living in Dallas.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I lived in Big Spring about 25 years ago.

You poor thing. Not only is the water there not fit for cattle, you're stuck in the middle of nowhere at the same time. I lived there for several years myself. I feel your pain.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Lysergic -- ODESSA????

Ye gods.

I lived in Big Spring about 25 years ago. How 'bout them dust storms? I currently live in Dallas (well, Garland) where there ain't no dust storms, thank the gods!

We did a tour through West Texas last year (Big Spring, Odessa, Monahans, El Paso, Pecos, Del Rio, etc...) Love the place, but I'm happy living in Dallas.

love?

I think it gets worse the further west you go lol.

I mean I'm glad I live in odessa and not oh say wicket or penwell not that anything is wrong with living there cept i'd die from boredom.

I use to live in Dallas/Plano :p

justa plano-freak

ps: Big Springs still stinks like anus. Refinery smell.

[edit on 11-2-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dissension
How 'bout it? Anyone from Texas? Dallas here. Why is it that we are so great? I mean, everybody else is inferior. The most beautiful women in the world are from Texas. Texans are the most intelligent as well. We're the most humble too, and NEVER sarcastic. *note sarcasm*

your pulling a joke right? that was a good one. hello anyone home? texas was named americas fat state more that twice in a row because theres so many fat people in texas. dont be foolin.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I do admit that those dallas cowboy cheerleaders and smokin' and i'm a chickidee.

I've been around one texas couple ( the only texans i've ever met) and they were extremely pleasant to the point where I thought it wasn't possible to be this nice and so i thought they were phonies.

god bless you people.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
God/ess bless you too TrueLies. If you are ever in Dallas, fire me an email or u2u, and I'll buy you lunch or a drink. Thank you for your kind words.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yeah,I am from Texas. How are ya?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
My first ex is from Texas.
I notice your attitude is common among Texans.

Texans do almost have a nationalistic attitude about their state.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Like they say: "you can take the boy outa Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the Boy"

Still I'm so happy to be in the "Land of Enchantment!"

Come see us, spend money, then go home!

If Kinky had of been elected; I might have considered moving back to the Gulf Coast but not with that yahoo that got selected.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by whaaa]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey you guys, if it wasn't for Irishmen at the Alamo you'd all be Mexicans!!!

Davy Crockett's family was Irish (well French first, then Irish). en.wikipedia.org...

www.rootsweb.com...

[edit on 15/5/07 by jimboman]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hmmmmm.................
I was in Austin once - 9th street, and it was a blast. Way too hot for me though. As far as the prettiest women, I have to say Atlanta Georgia was amazing - To quote Jimi Hendrix - "I fell in love 1000 times just walking down the street."
And as far as Texans being highly intelligent, you are represented very well by good old boy George W.................

I'll stick with Philly me thinks!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

That is until Mexico reclaims their land.

Peace.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

That is until Mexico reclaims their land.

Peace.

You know what Custers last words were don't you?

"Hey! What are all these landscapers doing here?"

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

"Hey! What are all these landscapers doing here?"

LMAO!!!

Okay, you got me there.

Besides towns like El Paso are already under Mexico's control, or so it would seem.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
For the sake of the rest of the United States, you yanks had better hope that Texas is forever. Texas is what only the ninth, tenth largest economy in the WORLD. Yes, that's right, the WORLD. Thank ya, thank ya very much.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If Texas were a nation, its economy would rank as the eighth largest in the world, according to the Comptroller's Fall 2004 Texas Economic Update. ...
Eighth ranked economy in the WORLD

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i must escape

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm one of those "honorary" Texans. Born and raised in Ohio, now calling Houston (The Woodlands) home! I actually get picked on at work for not using the mandatory phrases "fixin' to" and "ya'll"!

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join