It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about the death Penalty?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
I'd like to discuss this in more detail. Perhaps if you'd like to start a new thread on it or continue on an old one? It is an issue that weighs heavily upon my heart as well.

not sure what forum it would fit in to. but i think it's not too dissimilar to the death penatly. sure it might be wrong, immoral, or inhumane, we shouldn't practice eye for an eye, two wrongs don't make a right and so on...but perhaps it's neccessary. sure, only 50+ people faced the DP last year...but that's 50+ people that must have done something that most of us wouldn't even comprehend why.

monkeys often fight for the top spot in the clan and sometimes this results in the death of another monkey. in the wild the weak are preyed upon not just by preditors, but also their own kind. i think the way our society is, shows that we're not so different from animals afterall. the only difference is that we have morals, and know what is happening is wrong. doesn't mean murder or rape won't happen, because matter of fact, there are people out there with no morals, who may or may not know what they're doing is wrong...but do it anyway.

i don't want war anymore than the next person, and i'm sure many feel the same way. i really doubt anyone 'wants' to have the death penalty a part of the justice system, but perhaps in some circumstances, it is neccesary.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by Mr101Hazardous
Sorry Guys, but I think We need to keep this one!
When most of you were kids do you remember what would keep you from doing most things? Your Mother or Father kicking our butt !!

That is, until we got used to the butt-kicking and didn't care anymore. Or are you saying murders are weak-willed and will be detered by corporal punishment?
"Most murders are weak-willed, They pray on the weaker. I was being a little more open about the crimes."

This is be nice crap is not working for the real bad people out there!
"Sorry the was to read ( This being nice crap is not working for the real bad people out there!) I did not get back to it in 2 hours to Edit it"

Who said being nice? Looking back on the thread, I think I may be the closest to saying such, though the punishment I speak of is probably viewed by the detainee as worse than death.

I would not think twice about doing something If I know that I could get away with it if I did not have Honer in myself. Someone that outright kills someone should be put to death. If they are fond with all the accusing evidence then that's it. Game over for the bad guy! With-en the week get it over!

I see, so if you're suicidal, may as well kill some other people first, right? That way someone will kill you for you since you don't seem to have the nerve.... "Once more I was talking about a lesser crime. But If I was suicidal I would not need help, I would just do it."

I am not one that likes to see others die!!!

I'm unconvinced. I'd like to see this tested. Perhaps you and I could witness and execution sometime and see if our feelings have changed. No, don't think I could watch without making a scene. Vengence, retribution, fear, anger, that's why we envoke the death penalty. It's not about justice because the murderer escapes his/her responsibility for her/his actions. "OK....... I have seen people die......The death penalty is in place to stop the ones that would kill once more if it was left up to them.

I do like to see crime and punishment fit.
One of the best laws I have seen come out now is the 10,20,life !

It's interesting, but speaks nothing of the death penalty: www.dc.state.fl.us...

I think We do need to spend more on rehabilitation to help make it so that people that do get out of jail stay out.

The question is, "Does that work?" I'm open for hearing some thoughts on this.

"I will stay on murder here. Rehabilitation would work on some of the ones. The old 'You get home and see your wife with a man in bed and in a fit of rage you kill the other man but have remorse and know what you have just done was so very wrong that you turn yourself in.' They have a chants at Rehabilitation."

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
While I am pro-death penalty it needs to be administered under very limited circumstances and only if all doubt as to the person's guilt has been removed. It isn't something that can be taken back with an oops we bad. In my home state we have executed 3 people since the death penalty was re-imposed by the voters in all 3 cases the individual was in fact guilty beyond any doubt all 3 in fact having confessed. All 3 were guilty of murdering children 2 after having raped them first. Death penalty should be a last resort not first and only used to punish certain crimes such as killing of police, corrections, and fire and rescue personnel in performance of their duties as well as aggrevated 1st degree murder of anyone.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I don't see how an eye for an eye helps anything. If you kill someone you get killed.

But that would be the only instance that I can think of where and eye for an eye would work

You couldn't do it for rape, theft, battery, prostitution, etc.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Inanna

me personlly think they should for what they did. Its the thing thats hits me if some one kills why should they have a right to live its not fair to others who are innocint for somthing they didnt do

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join