It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that's been eating at me: my grandfather, JPL, and von Daniken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
A recent discovery in my family has validated my beliefs that there are strange happenings and structures on the moon and Mars that are being kept from us.

A little background. My grandfather was a colonel in the Signal Corps under Patton in WW2. After his stint in the military he went to work as an engineer for JPL in the '60s. He worked on projects that were space related. I know this because of all the pictures and documentation that have recently come into my possession. My grandfather died in 1986.

Within the past months my grandmother died and in the process of going through all her belongings afterwards my mom came across boxes and boxes of the aforementioned JPL pictures, documentation and other of my grandfathers personal items. The pictures were of nothing mind-blowing. There were pictures of Mars and the moon, nothing spectacular. There were pictures of all the original astronauts. There were pictures of a bunch of men, my grandfather included, standing around what seemed to be some sort of giant decompression chamber. Once again nothing spectacular.

There was one thing in those boxes that I did find strange though. There was an original copy of Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Daniken which I assume my grandfather had read. Von Daniken is considered fringe subject matter nowadays, but back in the '60s.......man that's off the chart, especially for a man working on space related projects.

I think my grandfather had seen things in the process of working on those space projects at JPL that had him questioning our place in the universe. I mean how else would this von Daniken book come into his possesion and if he did read it, why?

I wish he was still alive so I could ask him why. If I had known this before my grandmother had died I would have asked her. I'm not sure how much she could have told me anyways. She wasn't even aware of my interest in such conspiracy related topics.

Do you guys think I'm reading too much into this?

Peace

Note to mods: I wasn't sure where to put this. Please feel free to move.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
"but back in the '60s.......man that's off the chart, especially for a man working on space related projects. "

Actually, I would disagree. Chariots of the Gods (New York: Putnam and Bantam, 1968) sort of
wore sneakers until the 70's. Thats when it started to get some press. Yes, by the standards of folks
at JPL, it would have been considered outrageous, but just the sort of outrageous that would make
entertaining reading and conversation. Even in the military. I started hearing about the book somewhere
around the mid 70's, about the time the movie of the book was on television. It made for interesting conversation
so I broke down and bought the hardcover (second printing). I enjoyed the book. He was the first to
popularize the notion that we have been contacted and helped in the past by aliens. But its a story, FICTION.
Psuedo-science does not facts make. Lets see, the most truthful statement in the book are the first words, top
first page.

"This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either the product of the
author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or
dead, business establishments, or locales is entirely coincidental."

And dont forget how to really get publicity. His book hit the presses at near the same time as his trial for
the embezzelment of 400,000 Swiss Franks allegedly used to finance all the travels and photos in the book.

www.mnsu.edu...

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think there has to be a corelation. Why else would he read it.To bad you cant ask him.Kewl post anyway

new topics

join