It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imperial Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Why did French President Jacques Chirac last week threaten to use non-conventional - that is, nuclear - weapons against terrorist states? And why did Iran announce that it would shift foreign-exchange reserves out of European banks (although it has since retracted this warning)? The answer lies in the nature of Tehran's nuclear ambitions. Iran needs nuclear weapons, I believe, not to attack Israel, but to support imperial expansion by conventional Iran's oil exports will shrink to zero in 20 years, just at the demographic inflection point when the costs of maintaining an aged population will crush its state finances, as I reported in Demographics and Iran's imperial design (September 13, 2005).

www.atimes.com...

This is a very interesting slant on nuclear Iran, one I haven't thought of yet.

As it's own oil reserves are depleted Iran will take over the middle east oil with the backing of nuclear blackmail. very interesting................

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
This guys (article author) entire thinking is based on the US withdrawl, and Iraqi civil war to jump start. Without this territory abandoned do we honestly think Iran can make a move on UAE or SA? I dont know much about Irans military might, but I doubt the "good guys" are gonna sit back and let them conquer anything, much less big oil producers. We stood up for Kuwait, so you know we will stand for the Saudis.

Is my thinking here correct?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I was wondering exactly what the makeup of Irans population is now ? I was just thinking what effect the Iran-Iraq war had on its adult population as i remember reading somewhere it has a large proportion of young people in the general population as so many fathers died in the war.
I personally think if this demographic is the case Irans leaders might have a hard time selling a conflict with the west considering so many of its young want all the trappings of a western life,ie ipods,the internet etc.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
As it's own oil reserves are depleted Iran will take over the middle east oil with the backing of nuclear blackmail. very interesting................

So Iran isn't that much diffrent from the U.S. after all

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I am sorry to Break your Concentration,

but do you want to check the Worlds Oil Consumption and Production Numbers?

Reserves/Production/Consumption Oil Exporters / U.S. Oil Import Sources

Consumption (million barrels of oil per day)
United States: 19.993
Japan: 5.423
China: 4.854
Germany: 2.814
Russia: 2.531
South Korea: 2.126
Brazil: 2.123
Canada: 2.048
France: 2.040
India: 2.011
Mexico: 1.932
Italy: 1.881
United Kingdom: 1.699
Spain: 1.465
SaudiArabia: 1.415
Iran: 1.109
Indonesia: 1.063
Netherlands: .881
Australia: .879
Taiwan: .846

Production (million barrels of oil per day)
Saudi Arabia: 8.528
United States: 8.091
Russia: 7.014
Iran: 3.775
Mexico: 3.560
Norway: 3.408
China: 3.297
Venezuela: 3.137
Canada: 2.749
United Arab Emirates: 2.550
United Kingdom: 2.540
Iraq: 2.377
Nigeria: 2.223
Kuwait: 1.838
Brazil: 1.589
Algeria: 1.486
Libya: 1.427
Indonesia: 1.384
Oman: .964
Argentina: 825

It sure looks to me, that according to the Consumption of Oil, Iran can perfectly Keep Supply itself with Oil for several decades, for they are ranked number 4 on world oil production table - and they are ranked 16th on the world oil consumption table.

So they really do not Need any Other Sources of Oil - like the US do.

If you look at the Table, you can clearly see, that the US consume one Quarter of ALL Worlds Oil Reserves, and that the ammount that the US produces in nearly not enough to meet the consumption. Therefore they have to get it from Other Sources - like the Middle Easter Countries, rich in Oil, and almost ALL of them under US control.

Except Iran.

So, if we follow the Trail of Oil, we see nothing but Conflicts, Wars and ofcourse the United States.

Sooner or Later all Tankers sail to US Ports.

So, basicly it comes down to the Numbers, which speak for Themselves.

Who is the Number One CONSUMER?

Behind Consumption and Consumerism

Globally, the 20% of the world’s people in the highest-income countries account for 86% of total private consumption expenditures — the poorest 20% a minuscule 1.3%. More specifically, the richest fifth:

• Consume 58% of total energy, the poorest fifth less than 4%

• Own 87% of the world’s vehicle fleet, the poorest fifth less than 1%

So basicly I see NO reason behind this Statement of Yours, that says, how Iran WILL conquer the Middle East for their Petro-Politics. But I already see United States Conquering nations and nationalities of the Middle East for THEIR Petro-Politics for more then 50 Years.

All I see is the American Empire, Selling their Commodites, such as Peace, Freedom, Justice and Democracy to the rest of the World in exchange for some good Natural Resources. That's how the Empires ALWAYS worked, ain't nothing new to this.

And Iran is not really a SUPERPOWER, that could Invade and Occupy other Foreign Countries, don't you think? I think that the Chinese and the Russian would be MORE then Happy to Receive their Oil. And that is IMHO the Root of this Problem - the Intent of Iran to be an Independant Oil Supplies outside OPEC and outside US Global Economic Domination.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
And Iran is not really a SUPERPOWER, that could Invade and Occupy other Foreign Countries, don't you think?

You dont need to be a super power to invade and occupy another country.

I think that the Chinese and the Russian would be MORE then Happy to Receive their Oil.

From the same people who threaten to stop all shipping unless their demands are met?

And that is IMHO the Root of this Problem - the Intent of Iran to be an Independant Oil Supplies outside OPEC and outside US Global Economic Domination.

So what about this threatening to worlds supplies of oil ,last I heard the EU has not threatened iran with anything more than a long letter....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
You dont need to be a super power to invade and occupy another country.

It sure Helps to have a Strong and Powerful Economy, with which you can back up your Military.

And it Helps to have a Strong Military with which you can Enforce your Global Economy.

And it SURE helps to have some Nuclear Missiles, to tell everybody, you are a part of Global Superpower Elite too.

It is Nice to be a Superpower, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

to support imperial expansion by conventional Iran's oil exports will shrink to zero in 20 years, just at the demographic inflection point when the costs of maintaining an aged population will crush its state finances

I like to put it this way. Iran needs more nuclear reactors for electricity generation so iran could export more oil to finance the maintainance of its aged population.

Iran has oil for gernerations to come.

offical: Iran will run out of oil in 90 years

Iran's unexplored oil reserves stands at about 80% of oil reserves according to the official.

80% of Oil Reserves Unexplored
TEHRAN, Oct. 17--A senior parliamentarian said here on Sunday that Iran must speed up efforts to exploit joint hydrocarbon reserves, stressing that some 80 percent of the country's oilfields remains unexplored.
Kamal Daneshyar, head of the Majlis Energy Commission, told ISNA that downstream oil industries in Iran have not progressed adequately in recent years, adding that the country does not need foreign expertise in the upstream industries as much as it does in the downstream sector.

Iran's recoverable oil reserves stand at 130 bn bbl, so with some calculation, the unexplored oil reserves stands at 130 * 4 = 520 bn bbl, bringing the total amount of oil to 650 bn bbl.
not to mention, Iran's recoverable gas reserves stands at 26 tcm, just less than Russia's.

want proof, look at this. Iran is still discovering oil fields

TEHRAN, Aug. 24--An oil industry official said here on Wednesday that the country has a huge potential to undertake new oil exploration projects, stressing that Azadegan and Yadavaran oilfields were discovered at a time when no one believed there would be such huge hydrocarbon reserves in the country.

17-11-05 Iran has discovered new oil reserves at an onshore oil field in the south-western province of Khuzestan, the Oil Ministry reported.
The discovery of an estimated 767 mm barrels of light, sweet crude lies in the Mansouri oil field, said Iran's acting oil minister, Kazem Vaziri Hamaneh.

RESPECT

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
It sure Helps to have a Strong and Powerful Economy, with which you can back up your Military.

That doesnt make a super power.

And it Helps to have a Strong Military with which you can Enforce your Global Economy.

That doesnt make you a super poewr.

And it SURE helps to have some Nuclear Missiles, to tell everybody, you are a part of Global Superpower Elite too.

It is Nice to be a Superpower, isn't it?

Well A) there is only 1 super power
and B) so what if it helps, it is still possible.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Iran's military hasn't got the legs to go around seizing oilfields, and won't any time soon. Their forces simply aren't geared for power projection or offensive warfare.

As far as "nuclear blackmail" how exactly is that going to work? Nuclear bombs can't hold and occupy territory. And how exactly are they going to start throwing nukes around without getting nuked in turn by the rest of the planet?

I find it epsecially preposterous that the map shows Iran supposedly moving into Russia - uhhh, sure. With what, exactly?

The Iran hysteria is starting to take on an unintentional comic edge. I'm keenly awaiting news that Iran is planning a land invasion of the United States next

[edit on 1/25/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I heard they are loading up slingshots with WMDs and filing into row boats as we speak. Ready the troops! Sound the alarms!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've always thought this is a major risk from a nuclear Iran. Protected with nuclear weapons, they could seize Iraq and Saudi Arabia and basically corner the petroleum market.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

they could seize Iraq and Saudi Arabia and basically corner the petroleum market.

OK sure. How?

How are a few dozen fission bombs (at best) going to "protect" them from the thousands of fusion weapons the West can bring to bear? Do you really think a land invasion of the planets economic jugular (SA) is going to go unopposed? Should they invade SA, how are they going to protect the huge supply lines necessary to support such a move? Where's their airlift capability? How is their Air Force going to defeat the Saudi's F-15's (presuming the Saudis have to go it alone, which they surely won't)?

This is little more than fantasy...

[edit on 1/25/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I've always thought this is a major risk from a nuclear Iran. Protected with nuclear weapons, they could seize Iraq and Saudi Arabia and basically corner the petroleum market.

The ONLY thing you are Worried about is Iran starting to sell Oil in PETROEUROS, which would mean a BIG decrease of the US Dollar versus the Euro. That's the Only reason for this Iranin Crisis - nuclear weapons are just something for the Masses to Consume without Questions and keep on living their Daily Slavery in the Empire of Everything

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I dont recall the guys name, but last night on the Daily Show (I know its not reputable news), this author said that even if we gave Iran full capability to produce "the bomb" it would take them nearly a decade before they had a conventional nuclear weapon. He claimed the nuke idea was just a farce for the public to rally behind. He didnt say much more, but did kinda hint that maybe the Euro/Dollar switch played a bigger part than we are being told.

He wrote No god but God. I dont remember the author but he seemed to be a pretty smart guy. Im going to check the book out today.

new topics

top topics

join