It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA official joins search for extraterrestrial life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
SAN JOSE, California (AP) -- G. Scott Hubbard, who has led a NASA research center since 2002 and investigated the space shuttle Columbia tragedy, is stepping down to accept a position with an organization that studies the possibility of life beyond Earth, he said Monday.

Hubbard, 57, will occupy the Carl Sagan Chair for the Study of Life in the Universe at the SETI Institute, effective February 15.

"My new position at the SETI Institute allows me to return to the research arena and pursue a lifelong interest in the search for life in the universe and its origins on Earth," he aid.

www.cnn.com...

well nasa official who joins this effort well makes u start to think what he does know.
well know the rest of high ranking space scientist and nasa and esa officials.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If he does no anything he will know where to look. Or stear the efforts away from where to look

Imagine world leaders pleading unto creators to not exterminate a science project yeilding results less than desireable
Did this happen in 1953?

[edit on 29-1-2006 by linuxfueled]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
G. Scott Hubbard huh?

Anybody that starts their name with an initial is immediately suspect in my book. Remember E. Howard Hunt, J. Edgar Hoover.

I'm with linux; this guy has disinfo tatooed on his bum.

But NASA has a good track record on letting some stuff out, although belatedly. I wonder if they have any stuff that could result in disclosure?
I hope it is G. Scotts' job to tell us.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
ill bet nasa has been in on the search for life for a lot longer than we think

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So what is it? We are spending money searching for ET's or we already have them (Serpo, area 51 discussions).

I gotta tell you, if it ever comes out that we really have had contact all this waste of my tax dollars is really going to piss me off.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Discovery Education

Interesting informations!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
lol Relentless!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hmmm... so NASA, who obviously know that there is ET life somewhere and know that UFOs exist and that perhaps UFOs are NOT so Unidentified, place an "insider" at SETI to make sure nothing slips out and they now have an inside man to actually "see" everything that goes on there. Why, after all this time, does NASA put someone there? Control my friends, CONTROLLLLLL...

It is probably blatantly obvious!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
So what is it? We are spending money searching for ET's or we already have them (Serpo, area 51 discussions).

I gotta tell you, if it ever comes out that we really have had contact all this waste of my tax dollars is really going to piss me off.

If we already, as you put it, have ETs or not, the money spent on the space program certainly has not been wasted.

First, the money from the space program has numerous residual effects in society, in science and even the economy. The space program has promoted the education of engineers and scientists.

If we already have ETS, well the mere fact that there are ETs makes it all the more important to develop the technology to live, work and even make war in space. After all, are the aliens friendly?

And, if the aliens that we might have are friendly that does not mean that we can just relax. If there is one alien civilization then it is certain that there are others. The "others" might not be friendly.

Regardless, as Stephen Hawkings has pointed out, it is vital for the human race to spread out throughout the solar system and into the galaxy to assure the survival of the species.

new topics

top topics

join