It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My own encounter with a USO ten years ago.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This happened just over ten years ago while I was working in the Shumigen Islands in Alaska.

It was late December 1994, approx. 2:00 am, I was on the company dock waiting for a freightor of supplies to show up at around 3:00am. The weather was warm @40 degrees F (warmth is relative, Dec. in Alaska), maybe a little warmer, no wind, high overcast, and a light misting rain, actually rather pleasent.

As the night radiowatch, and general security guy, I usually worked alone. That was the case on this night as well.

I had just got off the radio with the freightor whose skipper had given me an ETA of just over an hour and a few minutes, so I was headed out side to the dock to make sure everything was ready to recieve the freight as it was unloaded upon arrival. On the darkside of the plant I was checking the cleats for tieing the ship up, making sure they weren't damaged or otherwise unusable. Everything was fine, so I headed for the dockshack to sit and wait for the ship to arrive. On my way to the shack I looked off to the west toward Unga island, not expecting to see anything of interest at 2 am. Imagine my surprise, when I saw a soft glow in the water about halfway between Unga Island, and Popof Island, right about where the main channel is. As dark as it was I can't be sure of that since I didn't have a point of reference, but I know the area fairly well after working there for just over 11 years off and on. I'd never seen like it before, it just say there just under the surface for about 45 seconds or so, then headed off down the channel towards the Alaska penninsula to the northeast. Its speed was around, now I'm just guessing here, but I'd say around 45 to 50 knots, given how quickly it disappeared.

To the best of my knowlege I am the only living human who saw the thing, I certainly never heard anyone talking about it. Was it an alien from outerspace, or from the innerearth, or whatever, I don't know. What I do know is, it was certainly weird.

This is kind of a sketchy recall, so feel free to ask questions. If I can recall more information by answering maybe I can figure out what this was to my own satisfaction.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Cool thanks for sharing, I saw a show on the History channel dealing with USOs a few nights ago and my interest has been peaked since.

You might be interested in this site
waterufo.net...

One of the best and most indepth USO sites on the net

Infact you might want to contact them with your story they have over 900 recorded USO events and always looking for more.

My opinions on USOs are that I would imagine UFOs would be able to handle the oceans much better then us and it could be the perfect place to hide and set up a base of operations. I think we know more about the surface of mars and the moon then the bottom of the ocean. We have explored such a tiny fraction of it and its on are own planet which shows how hard it is to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
wow sounds like that new channel 4 show, invasion

Cool sighting, ther was a thread recently added that contained a link to a 45 minute lecture that had been given and it described these USOs in it. It right here: www.abovetopsecret.com... if your interested.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It does kinda sound like Invasion doesn't it? I'm not even going to be mentioned in the credits, either

Just got off that thread. Mine was nothing even resembling that dramatic

Just a wierd glow under the water that moved away out of sight. Could have been the Loch ness monster out for an evening constitutional for all I know.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by seagull]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
It does kinda sound like Invasion doesn't it? I'm not even going to be mentioned in the credits, either

Just got off that thread. Mine was nothing even resembling that dramatic

Just a wierd glow under the water that moved away out of sight. Could have been the Loch ness monster out for an evening constitutional for all I know.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by seagull]

where was you when you spotted it?

[edit on 25-1-2006 by conspiracy123]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is a "water" planet. IF aliens are here, I wouldnt doubt that they are using our oceans as cover. We have explored a pretty good portion of the land, while we have hardly scratched the surface of what our oceans hold.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My ex brother in law was aboard a Navy ship somewhere in the indian ocean around the same time (1994-95), and saw a UFO become a USO right in front of him, and about 10 of his mates.

It hit water going at least 150mph a little more than 1/2 mile from the ship, and he said it hardly made a splash... (reminded him of professional divers)

it then went under their ship, as they could see a bluish luminescence coming towards them, and then pass under them... they could barely see it when it went away from the ship, as it had already gone quite deep. He estimated that it was probably continueing on a downward angle of about 15-20% (same as it hit the water with)

When they tried to report it, the commanding officer asked "are you sure?" he then went on to state that unusual reports tended to look bad on otherwise clean records...

none of them decided to file a report.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Conspiracy.

I was living and working on Popof Island in the Shumagin Islands which are located just southwest of the Alaska Penninsula, they are sometimes known as the gateway to the Aluetians (though why anyone with any sense at all would want to go to the Aluetians is beyond me
.). The villiage is called Sand Point, its a small fishing villiage with a population at the time of about 800 year around inhabitants.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
they can travel in air, what's to stop them from travelling in another fluid.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Apparently nothing, if it was indeed a flying saucer. I'm kind of partial to Nessie on walkabout myself

I don't know what it was, and I am apparently the only one who saw it. So I have no frame of reference with which to judge what it was.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
***UPDATE***

Just finished watching a history channel, or maybe it was discovery, anyway, just got finished watching the show concerning USO's. I just love my DVR

So I very busily got on the phone and called one of my freinds who lives and works up there to see if by chance it's ever come back.

Well, imagine my surprise, when he said that a fishing boat on the far side of Unga Island, the nearest bit of land to Popof Island where my little episode took place, had seen something in the water earlier this winter, in January he thought.

As he understood the story, it just floated by the boat, well out in the middle of the shipping channel. Then took off to the northeast towards the mainland.

I'm gonna look around and see if anything was reported, and if so what the reaction of the Coast Guard and Navy might have been. Could be very interesting.

'Course, my freind could be pullling my leg too. It wouldn't be the first time. Just thought I'd pass it along...

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'll assume you've seen freighters in the same general area as the 'glow' and also that you're familiar with ship sizes. Can you give some estimate of the general size of the phenomena (I have to type really slow to spell that word...)? I realize a glow would have no distinct boundaries, but any chance of a guess?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Mr. Penny.

As I recall...and remember this was some ten plus years ago...

It was, and this is a very approximate guess with no frame of reference as it was dark. I'd guess at about 45 to 65 feet in length, no idea about beam. An average fishing boat length, slightly larger perhaps...Again this is a guess. If it wasn't in the channel, and closer in to Unga, it was bigger than that. I don't think it was any closer than the channel though, lots of rock and debris, and it shallows out dramatically to the Popof side.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Thanks for posting about this thread in another one I was just reading... Interesting indeed. I don't know why this thread didn't get more attention, but I'm just replying here to be able to find it later.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I'm kind of partial to Nessie on walkabout myself

Do sea monsters glow? Do sea monsters move at speed boat speed? No, but UFO'S do.

Was this an amber light, like something lighting up its surroundings so as to not bump into anything?

top topics

join