It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those of You Who Support Freedom in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Americans pledge allegiance to the Republic. For those of you who support freedom in Iraq, I have but one simple question to ask you:

If America's leaders want to bring "freedom" to the people of Iraq then why do they want "Democracy" in Iraq, rather than a REPUBLIC?

markusjharper

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
TBH I dont give a damn about the Iraqis or if they get democracy,as i know they dont give a damn about me, We went there for a reason, Take out saddam a percieved threat, and remove his regime, We suceded, Mission Complete, Ive said it before and il say it again, If the Iraqis want Freedom and democracy so badly they can fight for it on ther own.

Theyll appreciate it much more that way.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Wow. Well Cole, let us take a step back for a moment and take a look at the big picture:

We removed Sadam but is the mission complete when solders are still dying in Iraq and have no ordered plan to leave, as of yet?

Btw, that's quite the frightening picture you got there.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The current situation in Iraq can be put down to poor planning and sheer stupidy. At some point the US and it allies will leave Iraq and the country will have to stand on its own two feet.
When Iraq is left to fend for itself what will happen?
Well much could depend on the timeframe of the US and allied withdrawl. If the US and its allies leave within the next 10 years the country will slide into civil war and a Saddam clone will come to power.
15 - 20 years this could be the key period for Iraq in terms of econmic recovery and internal security.
30 years small - medium numbers of US and allied troops would remain in order to deter Iraqs nutty neighbors from invading. I think Iraq borders may become like the border bewteen North and south Korea that is a heavy military presence on a knife edge.

Of course I am assuming that the US and its allies are able to defy history and defeat the insurgents.

new topics

top topics

join