It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the best MOD on ATS/BTS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
There are always contests and such here on ATS/BTS and I thought that I would start a contest myself......no points....alas, we have no ATS/BTS bank through which I could transfer points to a winner. Nevertheless, who would you vote as the best mod on ATS/BTS?

My own vote would have to go to NERDLING. He's funny, in a very wierd and off beat sort of way.

Who would you vote as the best mod on ATS/BTS?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The check is in the post.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I've often thought that there should be a 'Rate This Mod' feature attached to Moderator posts.

Who watches the watchmen?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
parrhesia....always responds promptly to complaints/suggestions and seems to have a pretty good sense of humor.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
My vote is for Gazrok in the Aliens and UFO forum

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Personally, I'll refrain from casting a vote as I don't see the point.

If the question were, say, "Do you feel the Mods perform their jobs with the best interests of the ATS Community in mind?" My obvious vote would be YES!

I feel there is much Mod-related activity and communication that takes place behind the scenes, of which we are not privy to. Often times there are situations where a given Moderator is seen as the one who performed a specific action, while it actually resulted from the collective response of several. Case in point being the "warn" system, where the Mod placing the "warn" may simply be the one who is in charge of that particular section of ATS, even though the decision for such action may have been discussed with and approved by several.

Just my $.02

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm kinda in line with 12m8keall2c; I'm sure there's a lot behind the scenes before a specific action is taken most of the time, so it's kind of unfair to say one mod is better than another. However, in regards to their postings, there's three mods I love to "read".

As stated above, Gazrok in the Aliens/UFO forum is great--well versed in the topic, and tries to prove and disprove with much more objectivity than I could say for most members (myself included). RANT's always a good read; almost always a healthy dose of humour and sarcasm when appropriate. Nygdan brings back the lost art of conciseness--I don't think I've seen anyone else respond to parts of a post with single line (or single word) replies and get their point across as well.

I would've said Nerdling, but you've already got one check out and I don't run you too short

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
ASALA is the best mod ive ever come across and always in chat ,she soo cool!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
How is it possible to choose just one favourite Mod?

I love them all!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
DontTreadOnMe keeps me on the straight and narrow. Lord knows I need some kind of direction or else chaos would surely result. + I like being disciplined by strong women!!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Im all about the team game, so I gotta stick with the crazy canuck.

Intrepid

And any other canadian on Team Mods!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Personally, I'll refrain from casting a vote as I don't see the point.

Please note that this forum is called General Chit Chat. By no means am I taking a serious tact with this thread. If I were, I would have started this thread in a more appropriate forum. Instead, I am trying to raise some general awareness of ALL the "behind the scenes" work that these truly dedicated people put in.

As far as calling NERDLING the "best" mod, well he certainly is a character -- that can't be denied. But, frankly, I have many favorite mods and I certainly favor different mods for different aspects of what they do. The members who have posted thus far echo my sentiments.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I can't choose. But I have to say, out of the millions of forums I frequent, ATS is the only one with friendly, helpful Mods.

They're all cool!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The one who U2Us me sweet nothings all day. I'm not telling.

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My vote goes to Asala, shes always nice and shes awesome in chat.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
All of them

Except maybe mirthful me who Keeps taking my hard earned points away for really friviolis stuff. honestly taking points for a one line post who the
does that. GOD!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They are all good really, but Jak gets my vote. He has never turned down someones request for a cool avatar even tho he prob is busy doing important Mod like stuff.
And plus he is nice bloke to boot

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hmm, interesting this question is, difficult it is to answer as well.

Of the current mods, I'd have to say my favorites are...

Asala, Zedd, Amorymeltzer, Djarums, Nerdling and WorldWatcher, not in any particular order.

If she was still a mod, I would have said Banshee as well, she was uber cool.

Oh, and definately Simon, anyone who could create ATS is cool in my book.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Asala is not a mod, she's a supermod...

I'm kind of partial to
DontTreadOnMe for greatest regular mod.

[edit on 1/27/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
what an amazing oportunity for e to kiss up to someone, yet i have no idea whom to choose... so i'll just go the diplomatic way...

I think all mods are just fine.... they were chosen for a reason, and thats their responsibilty and dedication both to ATS/BTS?PTS and the other "S"'s I can't recall............. Its a joint effort to keep this Forum cleaned-up and going....Therefore i would have to vote fora ll of them.

P.S. - that was not butt kissing, i trully meant it. note that i dont ususally complement many people, so complementing a group this size, left me breathless.

new topics

top topics

join