It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecies that have come to pass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm trying to compile a list of prophecies that have come to pass.

I'm looking for prophecies that are NOT vague in any way.

I want something that was used to actually predict an event, not something that was found to have predicted an event after the fact.

format should be

Predictor

Event Predicted

Date of Prediction

Date of Event

Details of Prediction

Details of ACTUAL Event.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ancient prophecies are hard to date, are such ones as the Mayans, Hopi, or Vedas okay to post? There are many that have come to pass, but the date they were made is not certain, at least in my reading.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
One such prophecy was taken from the bible code, it was found at least a year before an assassination would take place. The person who found this tried to contact the person who was to be assassinated and did manage to get a letter to him through a friend but it was ignored. Prime Minister Rabin was assassinated as predicted, the code also gave part of the name of the assassin. Here is a link, also i think there are some listed that has not happened yet.

www.probe.org...

This is amazing enough. The odds are said to be one in ten million! But in his book, Drosnin claims the same kind of codes revealed that Prime Minister Rabin would be assassinated a year before it happened. Drosnin even got a letter delivered through a friend to Rabin, but it was ignored. He also shows dozens of other historic events and how details about them are encoded all around where an ELS code finds the main name or event.[quote/]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

......that a code anticipated, withinn two years of the actual events, earthquakes in Japan; and that in the year 2000 or 2006 an atomic holocaust, beginning in Israel, is likely.

from the same source mention in the previous post.....it already looks very likely in the next month or so......

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
www.pfo.org...

This link tells how Jean Dixon predicted quite accurately the JFK assassination years earlier.

and........

Jean Dixon was the psychic who warned President Kennedy not to go to Dallas on that fateful day.

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Here's a site to check out. 100prophecies.org... (*)

Jesus prophesied that the Temple would be destroyed

Bible passage: Matthew 24:1-2
Recorded: about 30 AD
Fulfilled: 70 AD

The Bible foreshadowed Rome's destruction of Israel

Bible passage: Deuteronomy 28:49-52
Written: perhaps 1400 BC
Fulfilled: 70 AD

The people of Israel would live many days without a king

Bible passage: Hosea 3:4-5
Written: about 750 BC
Fulfilled: Being fulfilled since 70 AD
Hosea's prophecy, found in Hosea 3:4-5, foretells three important events:

Jesus' life was foreshadowed by the prophet Isaiah

Bible passage: Isaiah 42:1-9
Written: perhaps between 701-681 BC
Fulfilled: About 2000 years ago

Egypt would never again rule over nations

Bible passage: Ezekiel 29:15
Written: between 593-571 BC
Fulfilled: 1967, etc.

Very interesting site imo. Is that what you were looking for? These things are always subjective and require faith to believe or "know" to be true. So if you're asking, as a skeptic i assume, for "proof" of prophecy - Biblical or otherwise - i doubt any faith based interpretation would suffice... and often times they do seem to be "molded" to fit the "event" after the fact. IOW i can appreciate the skeptics POV on something like prophecy. Prophecy interpretation ain't an exact science to say the least... but there is truth there imo.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hopi

"The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.
"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.(guns)
"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."
"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."
"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."
"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web." (powerlines)
"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun." (roads, mirage effect)
"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it." (oil)
"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.(hippies)
"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Predictor Chuck Pierce

Event Predicted Destruction of New Orleans by Hurricane

Date of Prediction August 29, 2004
I have the email containing this prophecy that I received on September 15, 2004 to prove it.

Date of Event August 29, 2005 1 year later to the day, the destruction began.

Details of Prediction
"A SHOCKING AND STRATEGIC PROPHETIC WORD BY CHUCK PIERCE--OVER NEW ORLEANS, BATON ROUGE and LOUISIANA -- August 29, 2004"
by Chuck Pierce

After Chuck discussed traveling from Wisconsin directly to Louisiana, he prophesied:

"From the North to the South I am ready to awaken two winds that will awake the nation. There are resisting forces in both states that will cause our nation to not move forward. Go up and down and decree the wind of God will awaken in both places. The states will shift in a new way or the nation will not shift and will go backwards."

Later when addressing the Saul structure in Baton Rouge, Chuck prophesied:

"How the Saul structure collapses will bring Baton Rouge again to national attention. That alignment within it will collapse. A new demonstration with a new blueprint will be seen. This will be known as a meeting house. This will be known as a place where the Ark of the Covenant has dwelt. This will be known as a refuge place. The WIND and WATER will rise in the midst of New Orleans. Many from the south will come north for refuge. Prepare. Prepare now for winds and water that will surprise you. I will renew the pattern not fully seen before. Worship will be here, and birthed in a new way from here. Prepare! Prepare! Prepare! Shift! Saul will be no more. David will arise from this day forward. The wind from the south will begin to blow. Watch for the effects. This will purify the land and bring great change."

Then in Alexandria that night Chuck shared from Song of Solomon 4:16 (Awake the north wind; come, o south wind. Blow upon the garden of this nation). He led the people to pray for the south wind to come. This south wind would be a purifying wind (Posters Note: Katrina means pure), cause corruption to be blown on and cause corruption to shake and initiate a righteous move starting with the children, then moving to the youth. We were to watch the government and the Catholic Church shake, and watch New Orleans change.

Details of ACTUAL Event - Everyone who watched the news

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
Ancient prophecies are hard to date, are such ones as the Mayans, Hopi, or Vedas okay to post? There are many that have come to pass, but the date they were made is not certain, at least in my reading.

give an approximation, and give credit to the civilization.

i want recent events, last 250 years or so, nothing earlier, just as clarification for Rren, it's not that i'm against those prophecies, it's just much easier to confirm events that are more recent.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In 1926 Eileen Jeannette Garrett, Irish medium, saw a zeppelin above Hyde Park in London. She was puzzled to see no mention of it in the news. In 1928, she again saw the airship, this time being jostled by strong winds. Again she was surprised to see no news of it. Then, when in 1929, she saw it burning and smoking, she felt she had seen a coming tragedy. She felt that this visiion was too clear to keep to herself and warned the Director of Civil Aviation to cancel the maiden voyage of the R-101. He set off anyway, and when the ship crashed in Northern France, en route to Egypt and India 46 people died. This precognition made Eileen J. Garrett one of the world's most credible mediums.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
december 12 2005 i had a wake up screaming dream about a huge wave swamping the land and killing everyone. i phoned all my friends and family and warned them to get to higher ground because it was going to happen very soon. i even rang my psychiatrist.i was frantic with worry and felt powerless as all i talked to thought me mad. so the tsunami came dec.26 not where i live but 3000 miles to the north west.i don't know if this counts as a prophecy or a coincidence.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
this forum is for nonuser predictions and prophecies, ones that have been documented elsewhere, exsmoking.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So, would anyone like to put forth any supernatural predictions and/or prophecies to prove their clairvoyant ability definitively?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Already been done several times, what is it with atheists these days?.. Do you need to feel important and try to prove that you know what can exist, what cannot, and what is possible and what isn't so you can sleep better or something?...

For crying out loud if you are bored read a book about atheism, that ought to make you feel better and prove to you that everything is about materialism...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How about the prophesies of Daniel.

Between Daniel 8 and 11 there is a series of events that are to foreshadow the end of days. And while those events were said to have happened thousands of years ago there is a problem.

Some biblical prophesies are supposed to have multiple fulfillments.

So take a look at what Daniel predicts.

1. A group of 4 middle eastern kings or nations attack a powerful country in the west.

9-11-2001 a group of terrorists attack Washington DC. A city that would look "Greek" to a person from 500 BC.

2. This nation that looked Greek will counterattack and destroy 2 of those kings.

10-7-2001 Afghanistan attacked.

3-20-2003 Iran attacked.

Future predictions

4. "Persia" destroyed. (Iran)

5. US fractures into 4 states.

6. A meeting is held and a treaty is signed between the king of the north and the king of the south. The king of the south makes a daughter a part of the deal.

7 A force not under the direct control of the king of the south starts a war by attacking a major religious center and gets away with quite a haul of treasure.

And so on. Something to watch? The Apocalypse has been running for years and no one noticed?

1 Thessalonians: Chapter 5

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by ntech]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Something that always bothers me about those that make predictions is the way in which they choose their words to describe an event. They use directions of latitude and longitude, NESW - instead of exact location, they usually throw in something bibical or poetic. Why not just say there will be a meteor shower that will hit the earth on such and such date and destroy such and such city. I see this in ancient, bibical as well as modern day predictions. After the time has come and gone and nothing has happened you can read back on the prediction and decide perhaps you misunderstood it. IMO anyone that has to go around in circles to say something is not very believeable. I believe there are people that are able to make predictions (have done so myself, so I am not a skeptic). If I have a warning for people I want to be as clear and precise as possible. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
also, many of Edgar Cayce's prophesies and readings came through. he's a miracle man to study. I won't post any of his stuff because there is so much- you can spend a lifetime learning something new from him every day.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I found a book at my grandmothers from the early 1970's that was about predictions. It had some well known people featured in it and all of their predictions. I sure wish I could find it. I might have returned it. It was interesting to read and note all the predictions that never happened.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Already been done several times, what is it with atheists these days?.. Do you need to feel important and try to prove that you know what can exist, what cannot, and what is possible and what isn't so you can sleep better or something?...

For crying out loud if you are bored read a book about atheism, that ought to make you feel better and prove to you that everything is about materialism...

This has NOTHING to do with atheism.
Stop deflecting, if you don't have a prophecy to post, move on.

new topics

top topics

join