It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu in the USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I subscribe to a site that sends out daily emails, it's called Brian's Predictions ( I got the link from in ATS, actually ). Anyway, like I said, he sends daily predictions out, they are based on his dreams. He seems to have a pretty good accuracy rate, I've been following him for about 6 months now.

Anyway, the reason for my post here is the content of today's email. I will post it up for you to read for yourselves, & comment if you like. It's posted up straight from the email, with no edits.

It's very long, sorry about that, so grab a coffee first.....

Subject: US/CANADA BIRD FLU ALERT | 14 COMFIRMED CASES IN THE USA, VIRUS HAS MUTATED

BIRD FLU ALERT

THIS IS A SPECIAL ALERT FROM BRIANSPREDION.COM, PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW, AS IT MAY SAVE LIFE'S.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like my dream on January 5th 2006, the bird flu has mutated the ability to easily pass from human to human in Turkey, and there are now 14 cases of this bird flu in California right now...even the CDC confirms this...please read this now...it could be a matter of life and death.

1/6/2005

DD2851

The 4th child will die in Van Turkey?...this is very important because the flu has now mutated and thousands are already exposed. THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS EVENT, the USA and Canada be affected very soon as described in my November and December 2005 dreams.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/24/2006

Brian, just like you said, the bird flu has not mutated is able to be transmitted from human to human, this is what the media has, but there is much more they are not telling you. The goal was to avoid panic, but it seems that the real story will surface soon, so I feel that I must tell you think now.

Your predictions about Turkey are right, and we have 14 suspected cases of H2H (human to human) bird flu cases in California right now, I know because I work for the CDC and could lose my job for reporting this. I'm not sure how you knew about this, but your predictions of 20,000,000 deaths in the USA are very close to the scenario we have been working on for months.

Bird flu virus mutations found in Turkish sample
Posted 1/22/2006 9:51 PM

By Anita Manning, USA TODAY

Mutations that could make it easier for the bird flu virus to infect humans have been found in a sample taken from a patient in Turkey, a report in the journal Nature said Friday.
The World Health Organization is monitoring the situation, but a spokeswoman said it is too early to know whether the virus is changing in ways that would signal the start of a human flu pandemic.

"It's one isolate from a single virus from Turkey," WHO's Maria Cheng said in Geneva. One mutation found "suggests the virus might be more inclined to bind to human cells rather than animal cells," Cheng said, but there's no evidence that it's becoming more infectious.

"If we started to see a lot more samples from Turkey with this mutation and saw the virus changing, we'd be more concerned," she said.

The Nature report cites a second mutation that also "signals adaptation to humans."

Flu viruses mutate all the time, Cheng said. "For us to assign public health significance to a genetic change we need to match it to what is happening epidemiologically — how the virus is behaving — and clinically — if it's more or less virulent," Cheng said.

The avian flu first was detected in poultry flocks in Turkey in October. Then, on Jan. 5, the Turkish Ministry of Health reported that two teenagers, a brother and sister, had died from the disease, the first human cases outside East Asia.

Unlike in other countries, where cases were scattered geographically and the fatality rate was more than 50%, in Turkey, families have been affected, and there are more reports of people with mild symptoms. In addition to Turkey's 21 cases and four deaths, WHO has reported 145 cases and 78 deaths in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam.

"When this outbreak (in Turkey) was first reported, there was a lot of concern it was behaving differently," Cheng said.

That doesn't appear to be the case so far, Cheng said. "The team there told us that after two weeks of investigating, they haven't found substantial differences in the pattern we've seen in Southeast Asia."

She said the rapid increase of cases in a rural community in eastern Turkey is probably because of the practice of bringing poultry inside homes to protect them during cold weather, which would increase human exposure to infected chickens.

The mutations, which were detected by scientists at a lab in London, may "signify the virus is trying different things to see if it can more easily infect humans," Cheng said. "So far, we haven't seen that the virus has the ability to do this. But it's important that we continue monitoring."

The H5N1 strain first infected humans in 1997 in Hong Kong. It re-emerged in 2003, and efforts to stamp it out have failed. Health officials have seen no evidence yet that the virus can spread easily in humans.

"We would be concerned if we were seeing successive generations of spread of the virus" in Turkey, Cheng said. "We haven't so far. All these people had a very clear history of contact with diseased birds."

1/8/2006

Update 6: Tests Show Three in Turkey Have Bird Flu
By BENJAMIN HARVEY , 01.08.2006, 02:06 PM

Fears rose Sunday that a deadly strain of bird flu was spreading in Turkey after preliminary tests showed two children and an adult tested positive for the virus in Ankara - the first known cases outside an eastern region.

Health officials cautioned that the H5N1 strain so far has only been confirmed in humans who were in close and prolonged contact with fowl but said they were monitoring the virus for fear it could mutate into a form easily transmissible among humans and spark a pandemic.

A 15-year-old girl and her 14-year-old brother from the eastern town of Dogubayazit died of the disease last week - the first humans outside East Asia to succumb to the deadly strain that has apparently been spread by migratory birds.

A third sibling also was believed to have died of bird flu, but the World Health Organization has not confirmed the cause of death.

A British laboratory, meanwhile, confirmed the deadly H5N1 strain of the virus in a 5-year-old Turkish boy, while preliminary tests in Turkey detected the strain in an 8-year-old girl. Both children are in intensive care in Van, about 600 miles east of Ankara.

Another brother and sister in Van also were found to be positive for H5N1 in the preliminary tests, Health Ministry official Turan Buzgan said.

The announcements raised to 10 the number of suspected cases detected since Wednesday, including the three deaths.

Dozens of people who recently had been in close contact with fowl also have been hospitalized and were being tested for bird flu across Turkey as a sense of worry spread across the country and into others.

Russia's chief epidemiologist, Gennady Onishchenko, urged Russians not to travel to eastern parts of Turkey because of the bird flu outbreak, according to a statement released Sunday. Iran also has closed down its border to Turkish citizens.

Birds in Turkey, Romania, Russia and Croatia have recently tested positive for H5N1, which killed 74 people in East Asia.

Health officials believe the best way to fight the spread of bird flu is the wholesale destruction of poultry in the affected area. But they often run into problems in rural areas like Dogubayazit, where villagers have resisted turning in their animals.

Authorities here have had difficulties explaining the danger of close contact with fowl to local residents and the need to deliver all birds for destruction, whether or not they appear sick.

"This virus spreads rapidly," workers shouted through loudspeakers in Dogubayazit on Sunday, demanding that villagers turn in their poultry.

A group of Turkish workers, meanwhile, had to climb over a wall in the village when a woman refused to open the door and hand over her chickens, insisting they were not sick. The workers could not persuade her to part with the chickens and left, saying they would return with police.

It was a scene often repeated across the impoverished eastern parts of the country, where sometimes chickens, ducks or turkeys are a family's most valuable possession.

Others who realized the danger, however, were seen inviting workers to collect their poultry in Dogubayazit. Tens of thousands of fowl have been culled in the latest outbreaks across Turkey so far.

If confirmed, the two young brothers and an adult who were hospitalized in the Turkish capital, Ankara, would be the first cases of H5N1 found outside the vicinity of Van.

WHO spokeswoman Maria Cheng said from Geneva that she was aware of the report of the cases in Ankara, but the WHO had not been officially informed.

"We don't have any information about cases actually in the capital," Cheng told The Associated Press, adding that WHO representatives were meeting with Turkish officials.

The health officials had been expected to arrive Sunday in Dogubayazit, a largely Kurdish town to the north of Van, where most of the cases have originated, but the delegation was delayed by inclement weather and heavy snow.

The doctor who treated the thee children who died said they probably contracted the illness by playing with dead chickens.

The World Health Organization is investigating whether the disease had been transmitted from human to human, Cheng has said.

1/10/2006

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, THE GOVERNMENT OF TURKEY IS HIDING THE FACT THAT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN INFECTED WITH A NEW STRAIN OF BIRD FLU THAT CAN BE SPREAD FROM HUMAN TO HUMAN. I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS HAS GOING TO HAPPEN FOR 2 MONTHS NOW, PLEASE BELIEVE ME, AND IF YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA USA, YOUR VERY CLOSE TO THE PREDICTED OUTBREAK DATE. Brian

More bird flu deaths in China, Turkey

January 11, 2006 - 4:49PM

The deaths of two more people in China and two in Turkey have brought the global toll from bird flu to 78.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) on Wednesday called for more countries to prepare in case the disease becomes a pandemic.

Word of the latest two deaths in China - a 10-year-old girl in the south and a 35-year-old man in the east - followed confirmation by WHO of two bird flu fatalities in Turkey, the first outside eastern Asia.

China's Agriculture Ministry meanwhile announced that 16,000 quails died during the first six days of the year in an outbreak in the southwestern city of Guiyang - the country's 28th reported outbreak of the illness in birds since October.

Officials culled an additional 42,000 birds in the city and surrounding areas in Guizhou province, the ministry said on its website.

The WHO's Asian regional director, Shigeru Omi, urged nations to be ready to respond rapidly to any signs of a pandemic.

"Unlike the influenza pandemics of the past, this time the world has been given a warning that one may be on its way," Omi said in a statement.

"We should use this precious time to be ready to counterattack and try to stop any sign of a pandemic in its tracks."

He was attending a two-day meeting in Tokyo scheduled to begin on Thursday, focusing on the need for early detection and early reporting, as well as measures that can be taken if a pandemic strikes.

Participants include China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand and South Korea.

Bird flu has swept vast parts of Asia, decimating poultry populations and killing at least 76 people in the region since 2003.

The virus has also spread into parts of Europe, with Turkey reporting at least 15 confirmed human cases and two deaths.

The global toll stood at 78, WHO said on its website.

Most of the human infections have been linked to direct contact with sick poultry.

But experts have warned that the virus could mutate into a form that would be easily transmitted between people, sparking a global flu pandemic that could kill millions.

A 10-year-old girl from China's Guangxi province and a 35-year-old man from Jiangxi province both died last month from complications from the disease, said Roy Wadia, a WHO spokesman in Beijing.

"We've seen that happening in other cases as well, so it's not surprising," Wadia said.

The girl, surnamed Tang, had been sick with a fever and pneumonia since November 23 and underwent emergency treatment, state media has reported.

She died on December 16, Wadia said.

The man, a self-employed vendor, developed the same symptoms on December 4, state media said.

Identified only by his surname, Guo, he had been recovering in the hospital.

He died December 30, Wadia said.

On Monday, China reported that a six-year-old boy in the central province of Hunan - the country's eighth human case - had contracted bird flu late last month and was in critical condition.

The boy, surnamed Ouyang, had contracted the H5N1 virus and began showing symptoms on December 24.

On Tuesday, both the boy's lungs showed damage, the official Xinhua news agency said, quoting Zhu Yimin, president of the Hunan Provincial Children's Hospital.

An investigation found that poultry raised by the boy's family at their home had died before the boy fell ill, the report said.

Two farmers in the central province of Anhui and a factory worker in the southeast province of Fujian - all women - were the other fatalities.

China has said that more cases of human infections are inevitable unless outbreaks among poultry are controlled.

Millions of birds have been slaughtered to help contain its spread.

Health officials are also in the midst of a campaign to inoculate all of the country's 5.2 billion poultry.

Monitoring centres have been set up in all of China's 31 municipalities, provinces and autonomous regions to try and enhance its ability to detect outbreaks - especially in rural areas where there is little knowledge about the virus, Xinhua said.

The Health Ministry is also working to improve the ability of rural medical clinics to detect infections among humans, the news agency said.

1/24/2006

This appears to be the fourth child you predicted. in DD2851

Thanks, will post your link.

Brian

WILLIAM J. KOLE Mon Jan 16, 4:39 PM ET

news.yahoo.com...

Experts await test results in Istanbul as bird flu kills 4th child in Turkey

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) - A 12-year-old girl who was hastily buried by torchlight was infected with the H5N1 strain of bird flu, officials said Monday, the fourth Turkish child to die of the disease and the country's 20th human case.

Experts were awaiting the results of tests on three children hospitalized with symptoms in the western city of Istanbul. If it is established that the virus has gained a foothold there, it would bring the illness to the doorstep of Europe.
The latest fatality, Fatma Ozcan, died Sunday in the eastern city of Van but initially had tested negative for H5N1. The Health Ministry ordered new tests after her five-year-old brother, Muhammet, tested positive, and officials said those confirmed she was infected.
Authorities rushed to bury Fatma on Sunday evening, wrapping her in a special body bag to contain any virus after a quick prayer beneath lighted torches at a snowy cemetery. She was from Dogubayazit, the same town where three siblings died of bird flu about 10 days ago, and was bleeding from her mouth and throat when she was brought to the hospital.
Her brother was being treated for fever and a lung infection, officials said.
As of Monday, 11 patients were hospitalized, all but one in stable condition, the ministry said.
In Geneva, Maria Cheng, a

World Health Organization spokeswoman, said the agency accepted the 20 human cases reported by Turkey but was waiting for the results of further tests by a British lab, expected this week, before changing its official toll, which stands at four cases, including two deaths.
Among Turkey's neighbours, Greece's health minister urged Greeks to avoid travelling to Turkey, and

Syria said it had begun disinfecting people and vehicles at border crossings. A legislator in Russia, meanwhile, said his government would fly home more than 8,000 hajj pilgrims who had travelled to Mecca via Turkey to avoid further risk.
The UN Food and Agriculture Organization warned that bird flu might have already arrived in neighbouring countries including Georgia, Armenia,

Iran and Syria and cited other countries, including Moldova, Bulgaria and

Iraq as countries at risk.
"You have to face the fact that the virus is in their neighbourhood," said Samuel Jutzi, who heads the agency's animal health division.
Turkey's agriculture minister, Mehdi Eker, also said the disease had spread, and suggested some countries were concealing it.
"We know for fact that this disease exists in other places, but there are some (countries) that are hiding it," he told private NTV television.
As Turks complaining of symptoms checked into hospitals, there were concerns that the virus might still be spreading despite the precautionary slaughter of 931,000 chickens, geese and turkeys. Health officials said all 20 people with confirmed H5N1 infection appeared to have touched or played with birds.
At least 77 people in Asia have died since the virus surfaced there in 2003, the World Health Organization says. The WHO has been tracking the outbreak closely to determine whether the virus is changing.
Experts are concerned that the virus could mutate into a form that would spread easily among humans, triggering a pandemic capable of killing millions. The WHO has stressed that it has no evidence of person-to-person infection occurring in Turkey.
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip's cabinet met to discuss further measures to combat the outbreak, and authorities on Monday banned the transport of all birds and hoofed animals, except race horses, as a precaution.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Figjam]

mod edit: all CAPS title

[edit on 25-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If someone can confirm 14 cases of H5N1 in the USA I will start stock piling supplies. Until then I will keep my duties up as an "Ugley American" mega consumer"

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hi, the only reason I posted this was because of this guys high accuracy rate of predictions. Like I said earlier, I've been following this guys predictions for the last 6 months & am amazed at how many things he's predicted that have actually occurred.

Anyway, I just thought people out there might be interested to hear what the person claiming to work for your CDC had to say about Bird Flu in USA, but if you're not interested...........

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
r ya sure he dreams it b4 it ends up as a url??

maybe just maybe url then dream......

any tom dick & harry can forecast an epidemic in moderately to serverly indepted countries........ dif if he said western world...but c'mon ?

skeptical

well I predict cos I had a dream that there will be another James Bond movie next year! AND Africa, na lets be specific...Ethiopia will suffer a drought and famine tommorrow.....

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
Like my dream on January 5th 2006, the bird flu has mutated the ability to easily pass from human to human in Turkey, and there are now 14 cases of this bird flu in California right now...even the CDC confirms this...please read this now...it could be a matter of life and death.

One small problem, where does the CDC confirm this? His prediction says they do?

Big difference.

[edit on 1/27/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
One small problem, where does the CDC confirm this? His prediction says they do?

Big difference.

I agree. Does anyone confirm this?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ok this is the first I have heard of the Brian guy so I went to his website.
Just for SNG's lets put to the test how accurate he is.
I know this isn't about the bird flu but he is making a prediction about Ariel Sharon on Feb 3rd.
That date is around the corner let's see how it plays out and then maybe I can believe if he is credieble enough about the Avian Flu.

He states per his website this:

This is similar to several dreams I have had in the past 4 months. The leader of Israel will die on 2/3/2006 and will be replaced by a good friend of the Pope. This man, drawn above will bring the entire world together in peace for 7 years?? The world flag of 10 kingdoms is also there again...must be fairly important, as I have drawn this same flag dozens of time

For those of you who would like to take a look at his site it is

www.briansprediction.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I can tell you I've been watching this bloke & his predictions for the past six months & he has a very high accuracy rate. I especially take note of his Australian predictions & he's been spot on. I'd give him a 90% accuracy on Aussie predictions.

Anyway, just keep it in the back of your minds, you never know when one of Brian's dream predictions is about to become true.

top topics

join