It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All seeing eye?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ok - I apologise for my not knowing this

But could someone please explain to me (In as much detail as possible) About the 'All seeing eye'

I understand its something to do with the mason's?

I feel rather stupid, everybody seems to know this exept me

CB

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by crookedblue
Ok - I apologise for my not knowing this

But could someone please explain to me (In as much detail as possible) About the 'All seeing eye'

I understand its something to do with the mason's?

I feel rather stupid, everybody seems to know this exept me

CB

Supose to be the eye of god it aprears in some cristian churches above the dor when you enter displayed has a piramid and an eye on top of it, to me
it's just the newest propaganda so we can get used to it, it is a new implementation simply because the eye does not have history in church
and it is not mentioned in the bible has a religios object in fact it is not mentioned at all from what i know.
The eye and the piramid comes from egipt and it represents Ra,Horus the god of the sun, the eye is suposed to be the sun, so the sun is waching over the people, what they do, what they are up to, when they woke up in the morning in ancient egipt they use to pray to the sun.
Has for who was the representative god for the sun and what he standed
for you can see in more detail on this site.
The link.
www.geocities.com...

It is my opinion but there are other as well here on ATS that will have diffrent ones.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Horus, son of Osiris, plucked out one of his eyes to gain all-knowledge. Odin did this to be able to see anything anywhere at any time.

The all-seeing-eye becomes a symbol of god, the omni-scient (all-knowing) supreme being.

Sometimes its drawn in a triangle, particularly in masonry. This is because the triangle has significance to the masons because it too is a representation of the Creator, and because of its sides, the trinity and the tri-une godhead. The triangle is also significant in masonry because of pythagoras and his famous theorem.

The eye in a pyramid specifically, rather than just a triangle, is apparently a somewhat different matter, and rarely, if ever, appears in main-line masonry. That might seem like splitting hairs though, distinguishing between a triangle and a pyramid, however it is significant if you again recall the above, the that tri-angle has three sides, represents the christian godhead and the universe, rather than the pyramid, which has five sides. It is also a three dimensional object, and thus can't be represented, like the triangle proper, by the points with finite relationships between them.

If you see rays or projections comming off the eye, these are usually called "Rays of Glory" and undoubtedly are a hold-over from when the eye of horus, called the wedjat or udjat amoung the egyptians, was associated with the Sun.

I am not familiar with any primitive usage of the eye amoung the Operative Masons though. It's probably something that was added by the non-labouring Speculative Masons in the 1700's, who appear to have maintained an interest in esoteric knowledge and antiquity. Egypt, of course, would be a natural attraction for men like that.

I apologise for my not knowing this

Odd thing to say. Why apologize? This isn't normal every day stuff, and everyone here has a lot to learn about these things.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i noticed the triangle on the bill and studied it closly and noticed some roman numerals on the bottom of the pyramid (MDCCLXXVI) these things mean 1776 the date the dec of ind was published, aslo in the oppisite thing there is a cloud with 13 stars shining through and that implies the thirteen colonies, if anyone else notices these things or other odd things please post some more

--YOURS TRULY--

cooldude76

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
looking on the internet i came across this, very interesting

www.cix.co.uk...~craftings/dollar2.htm

according to this the few who designed the dollar bill ,some of were freemasons, so i guess why theirs the link to freemasonary, also a large amount of symbolism is on the dollar, not just the pyrimid. read the article judge for yourself,

when is conincedence to much?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It is a symbol of Freemasonry and the Illuminati (global elite). I think it is supposed to represent Lucifer (the Devil). And also, I think in general it is saying, "I've got my eye on you (the entire global population)". It is found on the one dollar bill and other places.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peace to you all
It is a symbol of Freemasonry and the Illuminati (global elite). I think it is supposed to represent Lucifer (the Devil). And also, I think in general it is saying, "I've got my eye on you (the entire global population)". It is found on the one dollar bill and other places.

It has also been used by the Cathlic church, I bet they are a bunch of Devil worshipers.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost in the midwest

It has also been used by the Cathlic church, I bet they are a bunch of Devil worshipers.

Read my post, your explenation is explaind.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Im from the UK so don't know much about the dollar bills (or masons so please someone corrcet me if im wrong) but apparently if you draw a 6 point star in a certain position where the pyramid and eye are (there should be some writting around it???) the points of the star point to letters which spell out mason. i have seen an image of this somewhere but can't remeber where.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Tommio]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

There is no evidence that this was ever used as a symbol by the Illuminati. In the rituals written by Weishaupt, the All seeing Eye is not mentioned.

The Eye was used as a symbol of God's omnipresence by Christianity long before it was adopted by Freemasonry. Before that, it was used by the Egyptians, and in ancient India.

The exoteric meaning of the symbol is that God is always watchful over us, and knows everything. The esoteric interpretation, especially that used by the ancient Indians, is that it represents the "Third Eye", or Sahasrara Chakra. Devotees of Shiva in Hinduism wear a red dot on their forehead to represent the Third Eye, and it is also a possible explanation of why some Christian denominations require its faithful to wear dots on their foreheads on Ash Wednesday.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Im from the UK too, tomio, hence i don't know about the whole dollar bill thing either!

The link dosen't seem to work?

Thanks for the replys all by the way :-)

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

The Eye was used as a symbol of God's omnipresence by Christianity long before it was adopted by Freemasonry. Before that, it was used by the Egyptians, and in ancient India.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Masonic Light]

If you wish to belive the eye and the piramid has to do with crestianity that is your problem.
Implementation of the eye and the piramid is simply brand new.
There is no refrence of the eye and the piramid in the bible, or in the history of the curch.
If it was to be people would know of it just like they know about the cross, the cross is another implementation but a older one.
Cristins dont know of it simply casue it's not familiar with them.
Masons know of it cause it is familiar to them.

If a object belongs to you do you know of it?

Piramids with eyes on top of them dont mix with cristianity.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
found it, here's that link to the page about it just scroll down a bit
onedollarbill

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It is a symbol of Freemasonry

Where is it used in masonry?

and the Illuminati (global elite).

Where is it used amoung the rites of the illuminati?

[quotew] I think it is supposed to represent Lucifer (the Devil).
That contradicts all historical usage of it.

And also, I think in general it is saying, "I've got my eye on you (the entire global population)".

Omniscience, all knowing, all seeing, ie GOD

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

There is no refrence of the eye and the piramid in the bible, or in the history of the curch.

Excepting, of course, the churches and christian groups that used it as such.

Piramids with eyes on top of them dont mix with cristianity.

Except when it does mix with christianity and is used by christians.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Excepting, of course, the churches and christian groups that used it as such.

1 Seems you skiped the part of the bible give me the page where is it at?
2 Show to me where history shows that kind of usage by crestin curch.

I would apreciate if you answer all 2 of my questions.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Too many people think Contemperary politics and then Rewrite History.

The Founders were simply Creating a New World Order Based On a New form of Government. (They borrowed Common ideas held in various orders from Freemasons, Catholism, Neo-platonism, etc.) They envisioned A State represented Government that allowed freedom of expression of Human ideals. (Speech, Religion, property, etc.) And hoped that such a Government would spread around the world.

Of Course, History shows that a Centralized Government soon supplanted State's Rights. And the Right's of the individual is less importent. Then Corperate and\or Social\Racial Class rights.

Also:
All The "eye of Horus" is reinterpreted as a a symbol Of the All seeing eye of the Trinity. (the triangle represents Holy Ghost, Father, and Son.) Divine providence. If I remember right?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Pepsi, Not meaning to "insult you". But could you please use a spell checker for legibility.

As it stands, I will try to answer you. Even though its hard for me. To understand your grammar and spelling contents.

Catholism would be your answer from where it Came from. Catholics took "native" religions and reinterpreted them until Christian terms.

Such as the Ankh Bacame a symbol of eternal life, the Easter Egg became a symbol of Nature's renewal, etc.

In the Bible, a sense of religious borrowing can be seen With the terms "hell",
"Devil", "resurrection" etc.

You mentioned "cross" as another "implantation". I'm Guessing that you don't belong to a Mainline denomination. But to a splinter group, like Jehovah Witness's. "Stake"

So I will Approach the Term "Jehovah" "Jehovah" is a word that came from Mixing Adonai, and YHVH In the 18th Century. It is not "found in the Bible" The Tetragrammaton "YHWH" is though.

This a exp. of Tradition reinterpreting historical meanings.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It's funny to me.
Simply because it's not a known object, people will ask because they dont know of it.
If an object belongs to you then you know of it dont you?

It is clear where it came from first

Artifact from egipt's museum

This is the original form, the eye was the sun and it was in the form of a sun and not an eye.
The sun did represent the eye but has a meaning to cristianity let's see what the sun represents.
I see no connection even if the eye is god's eye simply because it has to do with the sun.
The bible is the absolute guide and i dont see any piramids or suns in it has a object of divinity.
The trinity is done in a cross and not in a piramid.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

If you wish to belive the eye and the piramid has to do with crestianity that is your problem.
Implementation of the eye and the piramid is simply brand new.

Wrong. Senrak posted a few pics a while back depicting the All Seeing Eye on cathedrals built in the middle ages. Just run a search.

<<   2 >>

join