It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you want to see? ATS-Council is here to help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I'd like to hear all your opinons on what can be done to help improve these sections of ATS to make them a more enjoyable experience!
Don't be worried if you've seen me around and are worried I'll bite! I'm here to help in whatever way I can and my personal opions on various subjects are null in respect to this. Just look at it this way; imagine my argumentative and persuasive attitude working for YOU! This is what it's all about people and I want to HEAR YOUR IDEAS!
If there is ANYTHING you can think of to improve any of these forums:

9/1 - 7/7 conspiracies
War on Terrorism
New World Order
Secret Societies
Peak Oil
Political Conspiracies
Education & Media
Military & Government Facilities
Military & Government Projects

Then either reply in this thread (or U2U me if you wish it to remain private) and we'll do our upmost to ensure everyone is pleased with the end result!

Working together, we can make ATS a better place for everyone!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A rather minor issue, but I've noticed that the 9/11 forums aren't listed on the drop-down menu on the search feature.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Maybe ATS has this and i havent found it yet. But how about recommended books and DVD's for each section.

Like the 9/11 and 7/7 section can have a thread or possibly better yet a page where you can list books, movies, documentaries, etc that are available on the general topic. Then maybe you can have have a general member voted average rating and an official ATS rating for each and maybe a small review. Sort of like what you see on pricegrabber.

I know I just got here and i'm already demanding things.

Just thought it might be nice to see what books and documentaries are available for a topic and what other ATSers found well worth thier money and recomender reading/watching.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
How about a more subtle euphemistic name for DISC, the "ATS Steering Committee"? "Ministeer" for example? That'd be doubleplusgood!

Or how about an open day for DISC? Read-only? Would we have to organize SOMA distribution beforehand?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lumos
How about a more subtle euphemistic name for DISC, the "ATS Steering Committee"? "Ministeer" for example? That'd be doubleplusgood!

Do you find Deny Ignorace Steering Committee offensive? Can you please explain why so we can look at possible improvements, I never considered it being offensive to be honest.

Or how about an open day for DISC? Read-only? Would we have to organize SOMA distribution beforehand?

Even I don't get to see what is in the DISC forum and the majority of staff can't either - so I wouldn't worry too much!
I am not sure which Soma you mean? Are you referring to the psychoactive plant? That is the one that first springs to mind and Google.!

Smoot - Thank you for your suggestion, we are discussing it at present, though immediate concerns that personally spring to mind is giving the impression ATS is biased to certain viewpoints. By seemingly endorsing specific books it may give the impression we subscribe to those ideas as a whole, which we obivously do not as we like to have open-minded and unbiased discussion.

Mr Bray - Thank you for pointing out the error, I will bring it to the attention of those that have the power to correct it!

[edit on 28-1-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Uh-huh. So, who can access it? And what's there to be "steered"?

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lumos
Uh-huh. So, who can access it? And what's there to be "steered"?

It's basically like the council in a way, but with less interaction with members I think and based more on observation and the feeling of the participants who are composed of ordinary, but unelected, members.
It started before the council and it's basically just discussion on ways to improve the board.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
A rather minor issue, but I've noticed that the 9/11 forums aren't listed on the drop-down menu on the search feature.

None of the new forums (9/11, Bird Flu, Deconstructing Disinformation & Deflection and Skunk works, etc) are in that menu. And none of these forums get searched during an ATS search.

Yes, we can use the google search, but if I want to search JUST the 9/11 forum, there's no way to do that.

Just information.

new topics

top topics

join