It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany has a shrinking population.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by deltaboy

I wonder how the Germans feel as their population is shrinking, how would Germans feel about immigrants?

They have millions of immigrants, mostly Turkish immigrants I beleive.
I think they generally get along well but the Turks are taking over some areas and turning them into high crime ghettos.

Perhaps they should try attracting some of the Germanic people of eastern europe to come to Germany. Their economies are pretty bad so they shouldn't have too much trouble getting them to move to Germany.

so you're linking race to poverty?

have you met this man hitler, he had the same views.

it isn't race, but the inability of germany to cope with other cultures which creates high crime ghettos. it isn't a fault of the turks anymore than high crime ghettos in detroit aren't a product of african americans.

why, oh why can't anyone deny this type of ignorance?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Maximus, I understand your concern but I should tell you that abortion is actually illegal in Germany except under extreme circumstances.

Also most Germans are more interested in careers since its expensive to raise children. So says my German friend. Its also considered asocial if a family has more than two or three children.

Also you must realise that as a whole the population of the world is increasing rapidly. We're already overpopulated. This will eventually lead to more poverty, strains on resources, low food, etc. If anything abortion and homosexuals are slowly helping to solve this problem.

Kinda makes you think...I wonder if thats why there are homosexuals?

Ok, Ok you have a good point and its worth serious thought.

I guess my main point is that in most Western countries....birthrates of white people are falling as birthrates of non-whites keeps climbing. Its like suicide in slow-motion.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
it also has to do with infant mortality.

the more of your babies die, the more you need to have to replace them.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
so you're linking race to poverty?

have you met this man hitler, he had the same views.

it isn't race, but the inability of germany to cope with other cultures which creates high crime ghettos. it isn't a fault of the turks anymore than high crime ghettos in detroit aren't a product of african americans.

It's not a fault of the Germans, the British, the French, the Swedes, the Danes, the Indians, etc.. who all have this problem with high unemployment among their muslim population. This isn't the thread to discuss it though.

Go to this thread here:
Sunni Islam and high unemployment

Anyway, I do think the high birth rate has to do with education and whether women are working or not. If people are uneducated and have women who don't work they seem to have many more children.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
my main point is that in most Western countries....birthrates of white people are falling as birthrates of non-whites keeps climbing. Its like suicide in slow-motion.

- Your idea of some sort of central importance or reflex use of abortion in 'Western countries' is amusing if tragically far off of the mark.
For instance in the UK abortion has been legal since 1967 yet it continues to attract a horrible stigma, to claim it is some sort of a widely accepted and 'normal' mere extension to regular contraception is ludicrous.

I'd love to know who is supposed to be spitting on the mothers and fathers I know.

.....and your ideas that the 'Homosexual lobby' are a factor in this.....um, perhaps you imagine them turning young people off of each other (try telling that to our next tabloid shock horror underage parent editorial)......is strange and about as detached from reality as possible to say the least.

Your selective reading and understanding about immigrant birth rates is rather sad, if typical.
Feel free to show me the immigrant group that did not initially arrive and continue reproducing at the rate they used to 'back home' but which adopted the norms of the society into which they arrived within 30 - 40yrs.

It's all about economics.
It's all about the demands of making a living and putting a roof over ones' head and that is why every single large wave of immigration eventually settles down and ends up behaving just like their indigenous neighbour.

I do wish you'd drop the ridiculous racist crap.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join